• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which is best?

Fixxah

NES Member
Do you favor one type of cleaning kit versus another? In my gun case I keep a field cleaning kit but I don't think I should use it since I think it is steel. Who makes the best cleaning kit that will fit in a small package?

This is aimed towards ARs (at least in this case). Thanks.

Bore Snake and a bottle of CLP, some patches, and a few Q-tips.

along with a dental pick and a hard bristled tooth brush is all you really need.

Everything else is stuff you just buy at a gun store out of boredom.

Mpro7,Otis all the overpriced expensive type stuff is really not necessary and a solution to a problem that never existed.

Last edited:
It's not cheap, but pick up the Otis buttstock kit.

Can be used to do a quick field clean or a full breakdown detailed cleaning. Comes with a good chamber brush and all the little cleaning tools you need.

AND, you'll always have it with the rifle.

i use a hoppes rod and patch system + a toothbrush (and a smaller brush that came with it)

also the boresnakes are awesome. not sure if they work with rifles, but i can clean the barrel on my pistol in the field in about 10 seconds.

Otis makes good small kits. I didnt like them at first but they wont scratch your bore. Now I swear by them. I use them as the basis of my kit in addition to boresnakes and such.

Back
Top Bottom