Which is the better NAA revolver to carry?

Before you post something along the lines of "The best NAA is a .380 Guardian" or "You'd be better off with a knife and a rape whistle" how about you borrow one from somebody you know, load it with .22 Short, cock the hammer, put the muzzle up against your sternum, pull the trigger, and lemme know how you feel a minute after, an hour after, and a day after you do that.

A lot of guns can kill or wound someone.

That doesn't automatically make the fact that carrying something like a mini, mutate from being a shit idea
into a good idea.

-Mike

If you're considering carrying two NAAs, why not a j-frame or LCR? Believe it or not but I actually am trying to be helpful here.
Size, generally. There are times where a small snub like those are also too big.

But in colder times where I wear more clothing, my plan for a 2nd gun was going to be one of these in 9mm or .40 S&W and the NAA would be the third and final last ditch holdout gun.

Have you looked at an airwieght .38 or lcp in person? Those things are tiny! I don't personally like the lcp but it's miles better than a NAA and it's very small and flat. I prefer my .38 airweight most of the time. Summer, shorts, Uncle Mike's size 36 pocket holster - no problem! Try these two options if you get a chance.

FYI I don't think they make a j frame or lcr in 9 or 40
Edit: no shit! They do make a 9 mm lcr!

Have you looked at an airwieght .38 or lcp in person? Those things are tiny! I don't personally like the lcp but it's miles better than a NAA and it's very small and flat. I prefer my .38 airweight most of the time. Summer, shorts, Uncle Mike's size 36 pocket holster - no problem! Try these two options if you get a chance.

FYI I don't think they make a j frame or lcr in 9 or 40
Edit: no shit! They do make a 9 mm lcr!
I have an LCP, two actually, but to me that's a primary concealed carry gun in warm weather. Would be fine as a backup in winter.

You should read the forum more, 9mm LCR is one of the most popular LCR's and Charter Arms makes a .40 S&W wheelgun.

I have a NAA Mini in .22lr Novelty at best. Tiny grip, Single action, not at all easy to reload, keyholes the rounds on the target, the ball of the ball detent cylinder pin fell out and had to send it in. Would love to make it into a key chain fob for fun. But that's it.

The Pug is interesting, but again only as a novelty.

If you want a small gun, look at the Seecamps.

If you're considering carrying two NAAs, why not a j-frame or LCR? Believe it or not but I actually am trying to be helpful here.

Because you can carry one in your watch pocket of your jeans, and a second on a necklace (or sock, or keistered, or wherever). Distributing the weight of two tiny guns is easier than one slightly less tiny gun.

And double the problems, but then you've got a fist pack for both hands when it comes to hooks while you wait for your rounds to take effect.

I don’t really see a situation that I couldn’t carry an lcp but could carry an naa. They’re cool guns but almost anywhere you could put one of those you could put a tiny .380 or a seecamp.

We've all had a lot of fun, but I have also pondered what NAA Mini I would carry, if I had no other choice.

The .22 WMR Black Widow with folding grip would be my choice. Use what you have to get what you need.

The Ranger or the sidewinder will be easier to practice with as you won't be spending time fussing taking apart the gun after 5 rounds. It's not made for a gunfight, it's a "get-off-me" gun.
It's to buy some time to run away. Don't compare the mini guns with other guns. For me it's better option than a knife, pepper spray, or a taser.

Holy necro thread.

But has anything really changed?

The idea of carrying an NAA revolver is fine as a gun to carry when you don't want to carry a gun. As I said, I'll occasionally carry a .22 mag derringer. The thought of reloading any of these tiny pistols is ludicrous. Being at any range where a .22 (even the mighty .22 magnum) would be effective, you're too close to fumble with tiny cartridges or cylinders. If you run a tiny .22 dry, you're now in fingernail range, to be honest, most of us would be hard pressed to reload a full size pistol with any amount of grace or speed in a life or death situation.

Thread drift: how should I leg carry my old Soviet ballistic knife? I was thinking of point down on my left leg so it would be an easier draw, but I think I could fire it out of the sheath more accurately if it were on my right leg. I'm leery of carrying point up, because if the knife goes off, then it may hit the trigger of my pistol that's AIWB and I'd wind up shooting off my junk. Thoughts?

But has anything really changed?

The idea of carrying an NAA revolver is fine as a gun to carry when you don't want to carry a gun. As I said, I'll occasionally carry a .22 mag derringer. The thought of reloading any of these tiny pistols is ludicrous. Being at any range where a .22 (even the mighty .22 magnum) would be effective, you're too close to fumble with tiny cartridges or cylinders. If you run a tiny .22 dry, you're now in fingernail range, to be honest, most of us would be hard pressed to reload a full size pistol with any amount of grace or speed in a life or death situation.
An NAA revolver is the answer to a question that I’ve never asked. I’ve never understood the appeal of NAA revolvers and still don’t. After owning several short barrel revolvers (Model 642, SP101, 2 1/2 Model 66), I gave up on small revolvers entirely in favor of small autos.

At one time I owned an NAA 32 Guardian. I sold it as I never carried it, but I would take that over every single NAA revolver. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom