• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which modern subcompact carry gun?

What kind of pants are you guys wearing, bib overalls?

Yes, but I sew molle webbing on the front inside of them. I can mount a holster, dump pouch and pouches for 2 ar15 mags in there. The AR hangs on my back, also inside the overalls. You just need to make sure the barrel cools off before you put it back.

4 pages of posts and buck faker does nothing but bad mouth the P938, left, right and sideways. I'm sorry but it's not the piece of crap this guy leads everybody to believe. Yes, the P365 is a great platform and to be honest I'm going to get the the P365XL once the insanity dies down a bit. I'm able to move on to the next latest and greatest without badmouthing the previous generation platform that served it's users well.

Re-read my post - it was directed at Buck Faker and his repeated negative posts regarding the P938. Once again, I believe it to be a great and reliable platform in my experience. Your experience may be different than mine...
Oh. Ok np. I’ve had some fte at the range but I love my 938 and trust it with my life. I just changed springs in it. Never had any kind of problem with the safety either. A little too big for my pocket though. I’ve even bought a pocket holster for it. A nice DM Bullard.
DE6182B9-5D16-4D25-9D30-EF2B7A18E50C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh. Ok np. I’ve had some fte at the range but I love my 938 and trust it with my life. I just changed springs in it. Never had any kind of problem with the safety either. A little too big for my pocket though. I’ve even bought a pocket holster for it. A nice DM Bullard. You shouldn’t call people bags of shit on here. May get you infractions. Just saying bro.
View attachment 391893
My bad and you're correct. Just got sick and tired of reading all the bad BS about the P938 and I'm like, this has been a solid EDC for me for the past 8 years or so. Signing off for the night and apologies to anyone I've offended.

Yes, but I sew molle webbing on the front inside of them. I can mount a holster, dump pouch and pouches for 2 ar15 mags in there. The AR hangs on my back, also inside the overalls. You just need to make sure the barrel cools off before you put it back.
What was it that Atilla used to say. Between the cheeks carry😆 BTC Carry.

Last edited:
My bad and you're correct. Just got sick and tired of reading all the bad BS about the P938 and I'm like, this has been a solid EDC for me for the past 8 years or so. Signing off for the night and apologies to anyone I've offended.
Dont on my part. I deleted my post up a few calling you out. I’m good. We’ll talk the OP into a 938 or a Seecamp if it takes 1000 pages.

8 years? I thought it was only two or three years old, tops.

Dont on my part. I deleted my post up a few calling you out. I’m good. We’ll talk the OP into a 938 or a Seecamp if it takes 1000 pages.
I'm trying to figure out a plan, but not sure what it is yet. Do they make a carbine (like the Ruger or the KelTec) that takes Sig 9mm magazines that can be shared with the 938 or 365 like they do with Glock magazines? One in Glock's favor there.

WHY, oh WHY are NONE of these gunz available in fotay?

(except the H&K)
Because nobody buys that shit anymore. [laugh] Not smart business to make a ton of things people don't want. Right now 40 sales are up slightly because of ammo shortages/desperation, but that's not really a good long term bet. It's like asking why GM doesn't make this anymore.....

2002-05_Pontiac_Aztek.jpg

Buck Faker seems to have much disdain for the P938 - why that is, I do not know. It's a great platform and if you don't like it that's fine, but why treat it like it's some turd of a gun that has not performed as it should when required. You sound like the usual know it all that's nothing but a big bag of shit!

If you read any of the previous posts, you’d know why I feel the way I do about them. I had one. And a 238 before that. They’re ok platforms for what are are but there’s zero reason to choose them over a comparable sized striker fire gun w better capacity and equal shootability if you’re considering purchasing one of the two today. My 938 went back to Sig twice. It has a manual safety that sucks, one more thing that can go wrong under pressure. The mag release is less than smooth and rounds get stuck when doing so.

But hey, if you’re still trying to convince yourself that the gun you bought for twice the price of better alternatives now available isn’t obsolete, good for you. Shall we take bets on which Sig gets discontinued first?

It’s fine if you have one and don’t want to buy another gun but compared to what’s available in the 9mm micro class today, it is a turd. And hey, some people like turds.

If you read any of the previous posts, you’d know why I feel the way I do about them. I had one. And a 238 before that. They’re ok platforms for what are are but there’s zero reason to choose them over a comparable sized striker fire gun w better capacity and equal shootability if you’re considering purchasing one of the two today. My 938 went back to Sig twice. It has a manual safety that sucks, one more thing that can go wrong under pressure. The mag release is less than smooth and rounds get stuck when doing so.

But hey, if you’re still trying to convince yourself that the gun you bought for twice the price of better alternatives now available isn’t obsolete, good for you. Shall we take bets on which Sig gets discontinued first?

It’s fine if you have one and don’t want to buy another gun but compared to what’s available in the 9mm micro class today, it is a turd. And hey, some people like turds.

I’ve pivoted on this. Everyman has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. who am I to chose that line for you.

I’ve pivoted on this. Everyman has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. who am I to chose that line for you.

I’m not choosing a line for anyone, just offering my assessment on two guns. The 938 is the Micro 9 equivalent of the .40 caliber argument. Was great a few years ago, nothing wrong with it or continuing to use the platform you’re already using it. I have some .40s and don’t mind having them. If I were to buy any of those guns again today, they’d all be in 9. OP Was discussing getting his first micro 9 and referenced the 938 and not the 365 and a couple other micro 9 alternatives. I stand by my assessment that if you’re buying the 938 today as your first micro 9, you’re making a mistake.

Last edited:
Ha, I AM the "OP". I was only using the 938 as a point of reference because it seemed pretty compact and solid, and a lot of people liked it when it first came out.

Ha ha ha. LOL'ing at all the letters and numbers.

Reminds me of this:
280ZX 2+2 Turbo

Doesn't Springfield make an XD something? Isn't there an HK competitor? What about Walther? Shield vs. Bodyguard? Mossberg?

Isn't this ultimately what it is all about?

Yes, when it first came out it was awesome. There are far better options now in that class. Since you mentioned it and not some others, I didn’t know if you were aware of some better options

The Springfield XD series is significantly larger than the Shield so I wouldn’t include it in the micro or subcompact category. I have the XDE which is the SA/DA version. Carried it for about a month. The Ambi Mag release got pressed twice by the corner of my jeans where the button is while carrying AIWB, dropped the mag in public twice. Never carried it again but it’s a great DA/SA training gun. Was running a Vedder Light Tuck which covers the mag release on the inside, but apparently not on the outside which is right where the flap on my jeans would press against it.

I have made plenty of gun buying mistakes/had guns become obsolete and am happy to admit it/share my experiences. YMMV.

@Buck Faker my XDE doesn’t get carried much but my JM custom AIWB holster for the XDE is perfect. No mag release or safety engagement issues. I do wish the XDE had a dec only option a la beretta 92G.

Looking back, I wish I went with a Ruger LC9s (pro version / non safety) instead of the S&W Shield. The Shield I went with for price (rebates back then), reliability, and aftermarket reasons, but the Ruger equivalent is actually a way better shooter (which is what you want in a subcompact carry gun).

??
my LC9s is murderous to shoot. It’s also unreliable. only reason I kept is already have a nice Alabama pocket holster for it. On the contrary the shield was 100% reliable and a Pleasure to shoot. I’ve long since sold the shield 9 but my shield 45 is too cool to sell and that’s coming from a beretta/Glock guy.

@Coyote33 by the way, if you’d ever like to shoot a: P238, bodyguard, Shield 9mm, Springfield XDE, Ruger LCRx or P365, you’re welcome to come to the range and shoot mine (the 238 is my office manager’s, I got rid of mine a couple years ago).

@Buck Faker my XDE doesn’t get carried much but my JM custom AIWB holster for the XDE is perfect. No mag release or safety engagement issues. I do wish the XDE had a dec only option a la beretta 92G.

??
my LC9s is murderous to shoot. It’s also unreliable. only reason I kept is already have a nice Alabama pocket holster for it. On the contrary the shield was 100% reliable and a Pleasure to shoot. I’ve long since sold the shield 9 but my shield 45 is too cool to sell and that’s coming from a beretta/Glock guy.

I suspect it was more of an AIWB issue than anything, if I was carrying IWB at 3-4 o’clock it would‘t be an issue. But that little flap in the jeans where the button is kept pressing against the outside ambi release right at that spot...

Those freakin Alabama pocket holsters are awesome, too bad it takes 4-6 weeks for them to deliver it and their customer service is for shit. Every time I get a new carry gun I swear I won’t buy another, but I do lol.

Since I got my Sig P365 I've not carried any of my other guns. I like it so much for carrying that I'm considering getting another. It's comfortable no matter where I carry it. IWB, pocket or ankle.

Since I got my Sig P365 I've not carried any of my other guns. I like it so much for carrying that I'm considering getting another. It's comfortable no matter where I carry it. IWB, pocket or ankle.

I got a second one so I don’t have to clean it immediately after shooting. Found myself not going to the range because didn’t have time to clean it and I don’t carry a dirty gun. Now I have a spare which can go 2-3 range trips between cleanings and then I swap it for the other one.

Nobody has mentioned the Beretta Nano or the Pico. Aside not being 9 or above. Are these not reliable? Or Ma. compliant? Beretta so they have to be decent. Then there’s a Rohbaugh 9 mm. Tiny but all stainless.

Still not seeing anyone beating the PM9 for size and weight. also barrel length and high quality. Would love to be able to test a PM9 and 365 side by side.

Wait, what are these Beretta's? APX Carry and Pico? Just saw that on one of those comparison pages.

Oh, and the Kahr S9 gets trounced by the PM9.

Pretty much everything gets beat by the PM9.

See below.

Nobody has mentioned the Beretta Nano or the Pico. Aside not being 9 or above. Are these not reliable? Or Ma. compliant? Beretta so they have to be decent. Then there’s a Rohbaugh 9 mm. Tiny but all stainless.

See above

What happened to the VP9sk? Did that happen?

Or the P30SKS. I kind of want one of those. Looks like a fun gun.

Still not seeing anyone beating the PM9 for size and weight. also barrel length and high quality. Would love to be able to test a PM9 and 365 side by side.

Size and weight, probably not much will beat the PM9 . Capacity might also be a consideration. And price. PM9 is 6 or 7 +1 vs 10 or 12 +1 & PM9 looks to be a couple hundred more than 365. I looked at a PM9 a few years ago, looked like a fine gun but I got sucked down the SA/DA rabbit hole and ended up w an XDE 🙄. And then the 365 came out and I bough two 😂😂😂. Never shot the PM9 so cant comment on that.

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like ALMOST EVERY OTHER thread on NES these days seems to turn into a name-calling sh*tshow/catfight/pissing match/argument/whatever?????

Just sayin'
I haven't been a member here that long but the one thing you notice is the maturity level and the whining cry babies. You can dis agree but do it in a mature matter.

PM9s are decent guns, with limitations. Whatever you do stay away from the shitty MA version. IMHO a pm9 is still the only pocket 9 that isn’t retarded. If you’re carrying anywhere other than a pocket, a 365, g43, etc are much better options.

365 owners, what’s the rail for on the 365? I can see it if it’s for a laser but why put a rail on a gun that is suppose to ride in a pocket? Gimmicks. The PM9 looks more pocketable.

Back
Top Bottom