Which One Of You Is This?

Not too bad. I love the way the "expert" talks about paying taxes on the sale of one of he collectables... HAHAHAHA, when was the last time you payed Uncle Sam any tax on a private gun sale?[laugh]

I don't see anything wrong with investing heavily in firearms, but I also think a diversified portfolio is in and of itself not a bad idea. Putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak can backfire.

I would say this: that if we face a major societal meltdown: economic and social, then investing heavily in firearms, ammunition and precious metals are probably the best and safest investments. I remember reading an article once by a guy with an unusual name, Al Pickles, a former local and federal cop who was also a fair to middling gun writer who was very pro-2A. Pickles observed that when he was in Third World Counties with no strong economic or political infrastructure, the three commodities that were always in demand were: guns, ammunition and gold.

A lot of you folks probably never heard of a guy named Mel Tappen. He was one of the pioneers of the survivalist movement back in the 1970's into the 1980's and he also went along with the gold, guns and ammo concept. At the time, I thought that maybe some of Mel's ideas were a little "out there" but as we move forward into this 21st Century of ours, I'd have to say that he had more than a few things right.

Mark L.

Last edited:
Not too bad. I love the way the "expert" talks about paying taxes on the sale of one of he collectables... HAHAHAHA, when was the last time you payed Uncle Sam any tax on a private gun sale?[laugh]

When was the last time you tried to unload $250,000 in firearms in private sales?

That's one mans retirement you just don't mess with. With the way the US Dollar is heading, I'm sure he'll be fine.

When was the last time you tried to unload $250,000 in firearms in private sales?

It's his retirement, he would not be selling them all at once.
It would be slowly, over time, just like you would get money out of your 401k, except he ain't paying any taxes.

I'd say it is brilliant!

It's his retirement, he would not be selling them all at once.
It would be slowly, over time, just like you would get money out of your 401k, except he ain't paying any taxes.
If it is for your retirement, then I guess we disagree over the meaning of "slowly." Slowly to me means a few a year, which isn't going to pay for much of anything.

Maybe he figures making his money using the guns to shoot people for money after he retires. That makes a lot of sense...albeit a bit improper! Maybe he's planning on joining the AARP SWAT TEAM?

Back
Top Bottom