Which Optic Mfg is rhe Savage of rifle scopes?

I have two of those Simmons. They're pretty good. I have them on .22's. I set them once, and I haven't had to adjust them since.
a diamondback 4-12x is way better, but, it is not $41, of course. still, reasonably cheap. but i am not arguing here of what is better, just got amazed by what they placed in that link. somehow i did not see that yet.
and they did not include this in there:

I'm almost completely Vortex. Great scopes for good prices. Love their quality.

Add a lifetime warranty and you've got a winner.

Looking at the product ads in a couple of the leading hunting magazines (not strictly gun magazines), I'd bet 50% of the rifles are adorned with a Leupold based on the gold ring on the objective lens. Their warranty is pretty solid as well.

I hear vortex has the best warranty.
I hear there’s a good chance you’ll have to use it.
if I was in the market for a cheap <$500 scope, I’d go with an Arken, but Vortex and Athlon along with primary arms certainly fit the “savage of scopes” thing.

I hear there’s a good chance you’ll have to use it.
if I was in the market for a cheap <$500 scope, I’d go with an Arken, but Vortex and Athlon along with primary arms certainly fit the “savage of scopes” thing.
I have actually heard good things about Arken. I might try one next. I actually have a swampfox I'm trying out at the moment. Not bad for a cheapo. I'm confident it comes from the same chinese factory as the vortex.

What I find impressive about Arken is that they offer Japanese glass, FFP and zero stop with a precision tracking guarantee. For that price, it blows any vortex in that price range out of the water.

Might help to know your intended use or application.

What rifle? Caliber?

Hunting or target/competition?

Typical size of target? Range to target?

As others have said, Vortex all the way. I assume you mean "durable, no frills, reliable, good warranty" aka not paying for the high end OR the label.

It's not always a popular opinion on this board but I've gotten to the point - having had such good luck with them - that I check to see if there's a Vortex which meets my needs before even considering Bushnell, Nikon, Trijicon, etc.

Might help to know your intended use or application.

What rifle? Caliber?

Hunting or target/competition?

Typical size of target? Range to target?
it would be going on a savage 10 precision carbine in .308
it would get some use as a hunting rifle and to punch some holes and ring some steel, range well this is new England so probably under 600. not looking to throw a 2k scope on a 800 rifle, with scope quality improvement over the past few years there seems to be an increase in companies putting out quality options at reasonable prices, just want something that punches above its price point

The Savage of rifle scopes - 🤣 great way to phrase it...

Vortex. Then Primary, although maybe they're more the Rossi of optics?

Just put an Athlon on a Savage 22lr that was a pleasant surprise for the price. Higher magnifications you can see where the glass falls short, but it works for what I'm using it for. I'll have to take a look at Arken.

it would get some use as a hunting rifle and to punch some holes and ring some steel, range well this is new England so probably under 600. not looking to throw a 2k scope on a 800 rifle, with scope quality improvement over the past few years there seems to be an increase in companies putting out quality options at reasonable prices, just want something that punches above its price point
So you have to balance weight vs magnification. A vortex viper pst2 5-25x50, look for a sale on it. If it is too heavy - not sure, 4-16x will work for hunting, but less for anything beyond 200yds for precision shooting.

Which Optic Mfg is rhe Savage of rifle scopes? does that make sense?
Found the link. Choose there, good prices.

Grab a used Leupold MK4 in 3.5-10x40 with Leupold MK4 or Badger bases and rings and you will be set for life.

My deer rig is a Remington 700P LTR in .308 with this scope. Tack-driver at any imaginable deer hunting range.

The mk4 is indeed a great optic. I think Midway has them on closeout. but they’re more like the R700 of the scope world. I’d say 2-300 dollars above the Savage class.

What I find impressive about Arken is that they offer Japanese glass, FFP and zero stop with a precision tracking guarantee. For that price, it blows any vortex in that price range out of the water.

Riton is in same boat

Japanese glass, many options for FFP but assembled in China

Very reasonably priced by resellers

Back
Top Bottom