• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which revolver is "cooler" poll

Which revolver is cooler?

• Total voters

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hello and Happy New Year?

A friend of mine and I were debating on which revolver is "cooler": The S&W Model 19 6" barrel in blued finish, or the S&W 686 7 shot in stainless steel with a 4" barrel. "Cooler" in this case, pertains to LOOKS ONLY. Nothing to do with operation or reliability, just how it looks to the naked eye. Think of it this way: if someone showed you the two pictures shown below, which gun is more visually appealing to you?

Thanks for looking and helping us settle this debate once and for all!

S_W686.03.jpg

sw196.jpg

Well, I can't see the first pic (firewall at work blocking it) but given that it's by LOOKS alone, the Mod 19 gets the nod.

Mind you, I used to own a Mod 19 w/a 4" barrel, and I currently own a 7 shot 686 with a 6" tube... so for functionality, I gotta give the seven-shooter the nod. But for looks? Blued steel gets it, baby!

I have a couple or more of each model type, but I'd have to go with the 19 as I just don't think the full under lug is sexy.

Respectfully,

jkelly

The 686+ is cooler, but to really see how nice it is you have to do two things:

- Put the wooden grips on it
- Put a 6" barrel on it

Back
Top Bottom