• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which would you carry?

I'm pretty sure someone here (responding above in this thread!) responded (in another thread) he has an EMP. They are NOT illegal to own in MA, and CAN be found.

Might have been me? I have one and love it. Great to carry, easy to shoot, surprisingly accurate for a 3", and weights only 26 oz. I didn't want to get off topic as OP asked about Para and S&W compact 9. Also I thought OP may have cost restrictions to consider. EMP's aren't the cheapest 1911's.

andypieces said:
if i could only choose between the 2, i guess i would just carry my knife!

Knife wasn't a choice, nor is it a better choice.

andypieces said:
I would carry both of them! oh yeah, both.......right to the local dealer, and trade them in for a SIG!

Everyone has an opinion I guess.

Last edited:
It wasn't you, AKMan. I mentioned that particular one, because it is a combination of all his criteria: compact, 1911, 9mm

I don't see where he mentioned M&P anywhere, but I guess that is the trendy gun to have now.

It wasn't you, AKMan. I mentioned that particular one, because it is a combination of all his criteria: compact, 1911, 9mm

I don't see where he mentioned M&P anywhere, but I guess that is the trendy gun to have now.

My thoughts exactly Coyote33. I listened to too many critics on compact 1911's and almost didn't get the EMP. I'm glad I didn't listen. The EMP does fits his criteria and is one hell of a compact. They are nice to look at too! [smile]

Well, I'm going to be buying an M&P .40c compact tomorrow, so there's my choice.

Plus with the M&P .40 they make a replacement barrel to make it a .357 Sig, and they also have a 9mm conversion kit.

Basically 3 guns for one.

Back
Top Bottom