White Birch Armory Looking To Open New Indoor Range In Dover NH

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I found this article in todays Union Leader.

Indoor Dover range will give the public a safer place to shoot, says White Birch Armory founder

I've never heard of White Birch Armory before, and a search here on NES turned up only a few vague mentions of it, but I guess they've been around since 2014.

Their retail store is located at:

9 Great Falls Ave, Suite 2
Rochester, NH 03867

I have relatives up in the Rochester area, so I've been in the neighborhood of this place many times, but never knew they existed. I'll have to check it out next time I get up there.

Sean and Dave are great guys. WBA is an excellent shop and these guys really know their stuff. Very down to earth too.

Someone should tell them about NES, have them jump in and introduce themselves and get their name out there, that'll surely drive some business their way.

They have an in with the Q guys.
Bought my Fix from them. Solid group of dudes and NH could definitely use more range options.

I met the guys and girls of White Birch at the Concord NH show last spring. They were very nice and had some of the best prices of the show. I wish I lived a bit closer to them. I wish them the best of luck with a new range.

Hello All, I'm Sean, the Owner/Manager of White Birch Armory. I just signed up as an NES member and found this discussion. Regarding the indoor range, I'm pleased to report that the project is moving forward. We had our Technical Review Committee meeting last week and there were no major issues to address, only a few notation changes to the Site Plan. We should receive the approvals to proceed with construction at the Planning Board meeting on August 27th. We should be open to the public in the Spring! We already relocated the shop to Dover at:

50 Crosby Road Unit 2
Dover, NH 03820

We’re in the same building as EverProven Crossfit (red building) and we’re open 9am-5:30pm Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday, additional hours by appointment only.

It’s right around the corner from where we’re building the range, 74 Industrial Park Drive, in between the UPS Customer Center and ServPro.

Yes, I was a Master Firearms Instructor (adjunct) at Sig Sauer Academy for six years and Sig's Test & Evaluation Manager for four years. Before that, I was a Test Technician and Engineering Draftsman at Colt Defense for four years. I served eight years active duty as a Recon Marine and Scout Sniper with two combat tours to Iraq.

We don't sell crayons, but damn they're tasty. What else would you like to know?

Update:

Dover public indoor shooting range on track to open in spring

DOVER — The owner of White Birch Armory in Dover is breaking ground for a new public indoor shooting range next month.

Sean Manning said he received approval from the city’s planning board on Aug. 29 and that brush is currently being cleared at the 8-acre site on Industrial Park Drive just off Route 9. He said he hopes to open the new facility next spring. Manning said he has not heard of any concerns about safety.

So has anyone shot at White Birch yet? I've been to their storefront a couple times within the last year but I haven't shot at the range. Is the range open to members of the public or is it members-only?

I’d be curious as well. Maybe Sean could provide some additional basics about the range. Website says 16 lanes. Individual membership starts as low as 420 (480 for 7 days a week). Talks about booking range time - I’d want to be able to just walk in as my schedule is unpredictable and I’d have a drive to get there. Wonder if it’s so busy you have to book in advance. Is the range accessible 24/7 (not a big deal to me but curious). Seems open to public given website says there are non-member rates. Not ideal, but I can understand why that might be necessary in terms of the business model. Are there any NES’rs who are members and can enlighten us?

Back
Top Bottom