• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

white screen flash

smokey-seven

NES Member
Today I am getting a white screen flash when changing threads within a topic or entering into a new page within a thread. A complete white screen for less than 1/10 a sec. Did we do something different since yesterday?

on computer?
slow connection
virus
other apps.. anti virus?
graphics card driver update recently
recent OS update
too many tabs open?
reboot everything, including router.
monitor going to shit.

This is the only site it is happening. It started 2 days ago and has been fine for years.

BTW this is a MAC

slow connection No speed is fine
virus No, all is well
other apps.. anti virus? No, happens only here. Norton 360 running for years.
graphics card driver update recently No.
recent OS update Yes a month ago, does not explain why it started 2 days back,
too many tabs open? No, same number of tabs open for years. (4)
reboot everything, including router. BTDT same same.
monitor going to shit. Then why is it only this one site?

I've been seeing something similar. my screen is not the blank white though and I think I have since figured out the funk.

my symptom was seen upon entering a website ... I would get a "Q" on my screen literally the size of the screen. I had no idea what it was. I figured the Q-enun dudes were hacking me.

I know think this is a result of the web browser loading the code libraries in a more seqential fashion, i.e. top-down. in looking at the pages code, it certainly loads a bunch of crap from all over the place and here's what you're, as what I saw....

the browser shows you what it has to show you while process the pages many downloads and executions. you're seeing the white blank background screen interim.

I believe my Q is actually the "search" button icon but when the web page code says "fill area" with this icon" and the area is the whoe screen (cause nothing else has loaded), I see a big fat "Q" and you see a big fat white spot.

I noticed this eventually as I was also seeing a monstrously large pharse-book and 2weat symbols.

in short ... you're seeing the results of too much damn code in the web page.

check it out some time, go into your browser options/settings/menu and view the "page source".

you'll be surprised on how much you download and run on your browser ... stuff from all over the web. even on a site like this one.

see my example of external links you run/download when entering this page alone:

DON"T GO TO THESE LINKS !!!!!!!!

<script async src=" "></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src=" "></script>

<script defer src=" 7" integrity="sha512-gV/bogrUTVP2N3IzTDKzgP0Js1gg4fbwtYB6ftgLbKQu/V8yH2+lrKCfKHelh4SO3DPzKj4/glTO+tNJGDnb0A==" data-cf-beacon='{"rayId":"6bc7cc611fdf1978","version":"2021.11.0","r":1,"token":"cb78cf4ee4374851ae1860c00306e219","si":100}' crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

<script src=" "></script><script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="/xen/js/vendor/jquery/jquery-3.5.1.min.js?_v=6bd01196"><\/script>')</script>

<a href=" " target="_blank">XenPorta 2 PRO</a> &copy; Jason Axelrod of

<a href=" " target="_blank">8WAYRUN</a>

I'm running the dark screen mode. I switched back to default and I get a flicker before the screen change but no white screen. Apparently this is a dark screen mode only hassle.

I’ve been getting white flashes also on IPhone. Split second quick. Like lightning quick and gone. Figured it was just my phone being old. If I had a dog I’d hide him.

time to upgrade mr. seven, they won't hold on forever.
Nahh... it only happens here.

Cams said, "I’ve been getting white flashes also on IPhone. Split second quick."

That's it. less than 1/10 sec and it's gone. does not happen every time but it is frequent when backing out of a thread or changing a page inside one. You using the dark screen? I switched to regular screen and there is a stutter where the white flash would appear but it is not apparent until I go back to the dark screen.

Last edited:
I'm using the regular screen. me, I'm not seeing flashes but my eyes are dicey until cataract surgery.

Back
Top Bottom