• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who Are These People, Anyways?

Evtide

NES Member
Sorry if it's a dupe. It's as valid for Maine as anywhere.

http://www.themainewire.com/2016/03/people-anyways/

Two organizations with interesting names are making a play on your Second Amendment rights in Maine: Maine Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense and Everytown for Gun Safety. But before considering what their policies mean to the law-abiding gun owners of Maine, you might want to consider what their names mean first.
Take Maine Moms for example.

A quick look at their last two quarterly campaign finance reports reveal that Maine Moms received nearly $800,000 in reportable contributions for their drive to put “universal background checks” on the November 2016 ballot. That’s a lot of support. Turn to the second page and you’ll be shocked to discover that nearly all of the funds reported came from their parent organization – Everytown. In fact, less than $600.00 were reported from three Maine residents with hundreds of thousands of dollars of expenditures being reported for out-of-state paid to petition gathering organizations.

Everytown for Gun Safety is a New York City based group founded and funded by billionaire and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Their focus, contrary to their name, has nothing at all to do with gun safety. They don’t offer any classes on gun safety, they don’t have any instructors teaching gun safety, and they certainly don’t support any legislation that promotes gun safety. That’s because this group doesn’t believe in gun safety or self-defense – they believe in gun control. Which brings us back to Maine Moms.
So, where are the Maine Moms Demand Action for Guns Sense? Clearly, they’re not found on the Maine ballot initiative campaign reports. One might assume that a group called Maine Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense would be comprised of mothers from Maine and that they are a grassroots effort brought to life thanks to a group of concerned moms trying to address issues in Maine. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The cold light of day reveals that this group is similar to a franchise much like McDonalds or Starbucks. But instead of selling hamburgers or coffee, they’re selling gun control. A quick Google search will show these groups popping up in every state of the Union thanks to the funding and supervision of Michael Bloomberg. There are Nevada Moms, Virginia Moms, and California Moms actively working around the clock to chip away at the Second Amendment. They lobby state legislatures, promote ballot initiatives, and donate money to politicians who believe it’s more important to take guns away from the good guys instead of the bad guys.
The National Rifle Association has more than 125,000 certified instructors teaching more than 1,000,000 gun owners how to safely and responsibly exercise their Second Amendment rights. We teach gun safety every day, we back politicians who support gun rights, and we keep fighting to defend the God-given right of self-defense.

If you support gun safety, if you want to demonstrate some true gun sense, then the policies promoted by Maine Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense and Everytown for Gun Safety are not for you. After all, if you can’t trust them to be honest about their names then how can you trust them to be honest about their agenda?

Last edited:
I wish bloomturd would just go away.... I couldn't imagine having his money and pissing my time away trying to f with the second. I would instead be doing some real fun stuff like laying on a beach somewhere, riding cruisers, shooting, building hot rods and drag racing... What a F*G

they are people who want our guns confiscated and the second amendment abolished. it's that simple.

I was hoping that Maine was going to do something about out of state petitions/referendums after last years' bear hunt question that cost millions in needless expenses.

The anti's are still pissed off that Maine passed constitutional carry.

[h=2]Who Are These People, Anyways?[/h]They are the people that you will have in your cross hairs eventually if you expect to keep what is left of your country.

Can I sign up for some of Bloomies money. I can talk bullshit all day long too.

Seriously. If he's giving giving out coin. Why not take it and just give it to Derek. "It's for firearm related discussions. Particularly exploding lawnmowers, and dog shootings. " [smile]

I wish bloomturd would just go away.... I couldn't imagine having his money and pissing my time away trying to f with the second. I would instead be doing some real fun stuff like laying on a beach somewhere, riding cruisers, shooting, building hot rods and drag racing...

You missed one. [grin]

i work in maine and the only thing that people from maine hate than people from massachusetts is outside money from new york city.

i work in maine and the only thing that people from maine hate than people from massachusetts is outside money from new york city.

Unless they're on vacation spending it, paying the ridiculous 8% sales tax on everything including food and clothing. Lodging tax and prepared meals is 9%.

Ya, M*******s, and New Yaaaaaawkas come spend your money but don't stay too long.

Back
Top Bottom