• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who can fix old arcade games?

I have am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding getting an old Jurassic Park pinball game fixed. It's an old DataEast model. Not too sure what the problem is with it. Any advice would be great. The game is located in NH. I got a quote years to have someone come look at it but it never panned out.
Thanks!

I just met a member at the NES meetup in woburn that knew a ton about these games. I am not sure if he does it for work. I will try and p.m. him and see if he can help you.

Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH has a bunch of old machines that the owner fixed herself, maybe she could fix it for you or knows somebody who can....

There is a company in Malden Ma. called Mello Tone Im pretty sure they are still in malden but may have moved to sommerville. I had a old Laser Wars pinball machine it cost me a couple hundred bucks but when I got it back ever bell bumper and light worked like new.

If you do find a qualified repair person, could you post it here? I have one of the coolest Sega arcade games ever made. It's called "Bullet Mark". It has two Thompson machine guns that you shoot at a screen about 12 feet in front of you. Needs a little work,just haven't found anyone to work on it.

I actually owned a Jurassic Park pinball machine, What kind of repairs do you need done. I should be able to help, PM me

There is a group NEACF New england arcade forums, its like this group just arcade and pinball focused

you can post questions there and find repair help, also check Boston Pinball, The guy is local(greater Boston area) and makes house calls

Pinballguy,
When I power up the machine, I get the Trex road and a brief flash on the display showing the version (A5.01, 6/24/93). One that happens all sound stops and the machine is dark, including nothing further on the display. From there, opening up the service panel lights up the whole machine, plays music and has the Trex moving. I still have nothing on the display. Pushing system startup at this point just give the "Hurry restart the system" vocal message. Pushing in the Forward/Next (Green) button inside followed by the Step button makes the noise like cycling through the setup options but still cant see anything on the display.
Thats as far as I get.

My brother does this for a living and has for 30 years or so. At one point he had 40 or so arcades. If you cant find anyone close to you let me know. maybe you can connect somehow. I am not sure if he will travel up that far but I could ask.
At one point I had 4 pinball machines and 2 video games at my house.

My brother is the technician for sunshine vending and a couple of bowling alleys in MA and ME. He says Sarah at pinball wizard is very good but she is usually booked solid. The guys at mello tone are on the pricey side and hard to get to show up. My brother charges 35/hr plus parts and travel time if it's more than 20 miles from Ayer (where his shop is). If you're interested let me know and I'll send you his contact info. He tries to get it fixed in one visit so the more specific you can be with the problem the faster he can get it fixed.

Last edited:
My brother just read your last post. Based off the limited info he says it kind of sounds like it's an issue with the display controller board (possibly attached to the display itself) or the display power supply board (usually in the back box). He says you can try fixing it yourself by searching for working boards and swaping them in. Jurassic Park was a pretty popular pin so those boards are out there and fairly cheap too. Could also be the display itself and those aren't cheap unless you get a used one.

A buddy of mine used to do it for a living. The problem now is, there are no replacement parts for these old games any more, they have all been used up and now one is making them. What he has been doing for is own arcade is replacing the old circuitry with older used computers and using MAME to emulate the old games

Back
Top Bottom