• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who carries Gold Dot in Mass?

wheelgun

NES Member
I've been in Four Seasons several times over the last few months. Picked up a couple of boxes of Speer GD 9mm 124gr +P. But each time I went I noticed fewer and fewer boxes on the shelf. As of last week it was all gone, replaced now with Federal Hydrashok.

(ETA - they DO carry the 115g flavor, but that's not what I want.)

I really prefer the 124+p GD, because most reviews I've read say it performs better, because its construction seems intuitively superior, and because I know it feeds well in my gun. But it's getting harder to find. Called McElhiney's but he didn't have any. Called FS and they were willing to order some for me, but I'm wondering where other people are getting it. Tried a few mail order places, but of of course they won't ship to Mass. even though it is technically legal.

Any other sources in Eastern Mass or NH near the border?

Last edited:
I've been in Four Seasons several times over the last few months. Picked up a couple of boxes of Speer GD 9mm 124gr +P. But each time I went I noticed fewer and fewer boxes on the shelf. As of last week it was all gone, replaced now with Federal Hydrashok.

(ETA - they DO carry the 115g flavor, but that's not what I want.)

I really prefer the 124+p GD, because most reviews I've read say it performs better, because its construction seems intuitively superior, and because I know it feeds well in my gun. But it's getting harder to find. Called McElhiney's but he didn't have any. Called FS and they were willing to order some for me, but I'm wondering where other people are getting it. Tried a few mail order places, but of of course they won't ship to Mass. even though it is technically legal.

Any other sources in Eastern Mass or NH near the border?

I live in Berkshire County and finding Any self defense ammo is a chore here. I buy by Gold Dot in .45 and 9mm in New York State now, It's easier than getting the local stores to order it for me.

Now if I could just find someone who stocks .32 Gold Dot or Hydroshock for my Seecamp I'll be happy...for now.

Don't carry, keep some mags available at home, I got mine from Collectors gallery in Stoneham. They always seem to have a good selection of ammo. Law enforcement supply in Waltham sometimes has good deals too.

I've had K&H in Hudson order ammo for me in the past. I suggest you just ask one of the shops that you are comfortable with to order some for you. They'll probably get it within a week, along with their standard order.

Thanks all for the advice. I'll probably wait for the order to come in at FS. They're such a nice bunch of guys that I prefer buying from them and supporting their businesss when possible.

Called Ted at Northeast Trading yet? He carries a fair amount of ammo (and just got 43 new Paras in!).

Carl can get you some at FS, but the price isnt that wonderful
and he can only get the 20 round boxes, or so it seems. I still
have him order me some on occasion when I have a dire need, because
he can get it relatively quickly.

Collectors had some, the last time I was there, in a few
calibers. I picked up a 50 rnd box of .45 ACP 230gr GDHP there, for
like $20.

If you're willing to make the hike, Riley's in Hooksett NH has a ton
of the stuff, in 50 rnd boxes. They didn't carry the 230 gr .45 load,
which I was somewhat annoyed at, though. Maybe they can order it.

Best place to get GDHPs is from the guys at the gunshows. Of course
what ammo they may or may not have varies from show to show, but I
got like 5 -50 ROUND- boxes of the 124 std pressure for like
$12-13 a box. (eg they were selling 2 for $25, which is a steal for that
ammo). One time they had the +P and I got some of that,
too.

-Mike

Carl can get you some at FS, but the price isnt that wonderful
and he can only get the 20 round boxes, or so it seems. I still
have him order me some on occasion when I have a dire need, because
he can get it relatively quickly.

If you're willing to make the hike, Riley's in Hooksett NH has a ton
of the stuff, in 50 rnd boxes. They didn't carry the 230 gr .45 load,
which I was somewhat annoyed at, though. Maybe they can order it.

-Mike

Actually it's cheaper for me to pay Carl's prices than make a trip to Hookset. Besides, Carl and his guys are great and I don't mind paying a bit extra to support them.

I wonder why Carl doesn't offer the larger boxes though. I mean, he has them for Hydrashok, and I think GD is at least as good a seller as that. People would buy it if he offered it.

Thanks for the ideas.

Just ask him about ordering the larger boxes next time you are in. If his distributor carries it, I'm sure he'll order it for you.

I live in Berkshire County and finding Any self defense ammo is a chore here.

You got that right, I live in Hampshire in its a PITA. I'm trying to find some Federal HST, but having no luck.

You could check a couple shops in Greenfield, don't know if that would be too far for you (Berkshire County is huge). MAD(Montague Ammo Depot), right on Chapman st. usually has a pretty good variety, didn't see much HP though last time I was there (Tuesday). But the owner(Bruce I belive) said that he was about to get some more supplies delivered tomorow, and I'm pretty sure he could order stuff.

You could also check Jurek Brothers, they had a pretty good variety, but I doubt that they would sell to you unless you were LE. Last time I was there with two of my buddies who are Army MP's who were going to buy over $300 worth of equipment and the guys acted like we werent even there, and just sat in the backroom bs'ing. Horrible customer service.

I have a number of boxes of Gold Dot ammo (50 rd) and the sticker on them say's "Collector's" so I suggest you check out Jack's place in Stoneham on Friday.

I don't know when I bought them but best guess is within the past 12-18 months. I remember buying them there, just don't recall when.

Back
Top Bottom