• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who has shot one? Shotguns DP-12 & KS-12T

I don't think either of these are available to Mass so I'm not sure how many people on this forum have put their hands on one? Let me preface this by saying I'm looking for something fun and different to blast targets at the range, it's not a home defense or competition gun or anything like that. I have a Wingmaster 870, my wife has a Benelli Ethos autoloader that we use for clays and I have a "Thunder Ranch" Mossberg 500 with 00 Buck that I would pickup as "midnight hallway defense". I'm looking for something fun and different to take to the range and blast shit with 6-7 times a year.

I love AKs and I've had an order in for the Kalashnikov KS-12T for about 5 weeks with an ETA in January. The more I watch reviews and read about it, the more I question if this is the right range toy for me? They seem to work great with 00Buck and Slugs but I have cases and cases and of 1200fps Target loads for clays that I'd like to use. Even with the adjustable gas settings, it looks like this may not work well? For a range toy, I want something that will chew up bulk ammo. I already bought a 10rd mag and 20rd drum mag in anticipation but I can always resell those.

I stumbled across the DP-12 which I had never heard of, watched some videos and it looks like fun but can't find much info online with actual people who have one. This may be a better choice for bulk target loads as it's a pump action and the ammo shouldn't matter. While the idea of a 20rd drum mag fed AK style shotgun sounds awesome, I'm not sure if it will be for my use case? I also looked at the IWI Tavor TS12 but I like the concept and action of the DP-12 better.

1. Does anyone own either of these and what is your ammo experience?

2. Anything else out there I should be looking at in the $1000-1500 price range?

Had a Dp12. Nice gun, solid buil. Totally impractical to reload quick. Both barrels didnt track quite tight with slugs(4” off at 50 yards).
the ksg was more practical, but where it ejected the shells, right on my wrist, gave me s hematoma every time. Ended up selling both. I run my mossy 930jm pro faster and easier.

The DP12 is pretty sweet.. there’s not a lot of recoil at all, and I think it’s surprisingly quick to cycle the rounds with the pump action. One strange thing is that you can’t really clean it, so you just use it and then then need to send it in to the manufactured to be cleaned. I think it’s recommended at something like 5000 rounds.

There were 2 DP12’s for sale in the classifieds here not too long ago. Take a look around they might still be there. In MA.

I tried searching for DP12 and DP-12 but nothing came up in the WTS section. Not sure if it's too short or what? Well, if anyone has one they want to sell I'd be interested. :)

I tried searching for DP12 and DP-12 but nothing came up in the WTS section. Not sure if it's too short or what? Well, if anyone has one they want to sell I'd be interested. :)

Take a look at the RIA VR80 they are nice shooters once you clean them and the buffer spring breaks in

Absolutely love mine, super fun to shoot, great home defense shotgun.
Unloading 14 slugs at 25 yards on target...in 10 seconds with a RDS...awesome

I watched a lot of videos and decided I want all of them. :)

Ultimately, I figure with a new round of bans coming, that the KS-12T with a 20rd drum mag and the VRBP-100 with a 19rd "banana clip" are probably the ones I'd least likely be able to buy in the future. So I bought both which are shipping to my dealer this week.

The Tavor TS12 and DP-12 look awesome but I think I'll be able to buy those in the future if I want.

Back
Top Bottom