Who have you “brought in” recently?

McReef

NES Member
May have already been posted (seem to vaguely recall something like this), but a fresh reminder/probe never hurts for a good cause...

Who have you brought to the range recently who wouldn't have otherwise been? Our best weapon against the grabbers is education and inclusion. If we don’t actively work to the contrary, marginilization is the inevitable consequence.

In the last month or two I’ve managed to get a couple of coworkers out for some fun. I have a couple of my nephews lined up for the next couple of weekends as well.

If I am being 100% honest, my motivations are not completely unselfish. I do it as much for a reason to get to the range myself as I do for do-gooding, but it still counts. Every new person you can give at least a quick peek at reality is a little win for us all.

Jan I brought 3 to the range to shoot a few H&K 45s and several runs on the MP5 and Mac10. They loved it, hopefully they keep up with it

I convinced my neighbor to come out, along with his 21 year old daughter, and the daughter's boyfriend. They had a blast.

Daughter is already signed up for an LTC class at MFS. I told her I'd pay for her class after she applies for her LTC (followthrough). Her BF says he will take a class when gets back from college.

There's where some advocacy dollars should be spent......

I brought in some lefties as part of a group trip. This is what they had to say: "It was fun but I'll never do it again".

Translation: I just did it to say that I've shot a gun, even through I'm still anti gun all day long.

Took my brothers two daughters to the range to try out the 22 rifles a couple weeks ago. They've never been around guns and they took to it very well.

Brought a guy I know who asked to go. He’s Jewish. He brought his son.

They both had a blast, of course, cause it’s fun for anyone to go to a range and shoot a bunch of guns.

Got to talking about how he doesn’t really feel the need to own one. And besides how much fun they are to shoot, why do so many people have them?

I just looked at him and said “you’re Jewish. You know what the Nazis did. And you know it could happen again, to any group that the government decides to demonize. It’s inportant that we have guns, know how to use them and stop the government from every outlawing or confiscating them. You are far more likely to be killed by your government than by anyone else”.

I’m not sure we’re going to get a new gun owner, at least not for awhile, until his son is old enough to get one. My son, who’s turning 10 next month taught his son all the gun safety rules, how to hold the gun and how to shoot accurately with irons and scopes. His son is 10 and was a willing learner and not too shabby for never having shot any gun. My son is amazing. He’s been shooting since he was 5 and he’s a hell of a lot better than his old man. I say it’s because he’s got young eyes.

You can only do what you can do. Expose people in a positive way. Explain the real reason that we should own guns.

Last edited:
A lot of people say they want to join me but never follow through. Who passes up shooting someone else's guns and ammo?

All I care about now is my son (chomping at the bits, only 7), daughter, nephew and nieces interests... can't wait!

Brought my SIL into the fold. She is now in the process of getting her LTC. I'll be helping her with her first purchase once she has the license in hand.

In 2018 I sold two black rifles to friends who didn’t have them and wouldn’t have been comfortable buying on their own. Sold them for the exact amount I picked them up for. Neither of their wives know they have rifles, lol.

Took two friends to the range last month, both noobs. One never shot a revolver before and fell in love w my GP100 and is now actively looking for his first revolver.

About a month ago did a “tell us something about yourself we don’t know about you” at a Service organization I belong to (recently re joined after about a decade hiatus). I mentioned that I was an NRA Certified Instructor as a hobby. I was mobbed afterwards. One woman asked me to help her select a carry gun, told her I’d take her to the range and she could try some of my stuff. Another guy asked me for a recommendation letter for his renewal and wants to go to the range (hasn’t been shooting in years, wants to get back into it). Lots and lots of interest in the firearms thing from people I’d never have expected it from.

Always trying to bring people into the fold.

I just looked at him and said “you’re Jewish. You know what the Nazis did. And you know it could happen again, to any group that the government decides to demonize. It’s inportant that we have guns, know how to use them and stop the government from every outlawing or confiscating them. You are far more likely to be killed by your government than by anyone else”.

It is amazing how people look at history in an abstract sort of way. No lessons to be learned, no knowledge to be gleaned, it is just a story. It is like people see themselves and the people around them as another species, or somehow evolved in some way to be different from the characters in those old tales. Slap a “coexist” sticker on your car, stuff your head up your own ass, and call it good.

All you can do is try to nudge them in the right direction.

Regarding your quote directly, I’d tell him to listen to the first 10 minutes or so of the first “Martyr Made” podcast (Fear and Loathing in the New Jerusalem), and remind him that there is a decent chance that someone, somewhere in this world, is living that, right now. You truly believe it could never happen to you, whoever you are, wherever you live, at some point in the unkown future? Then you my friend, are a fool, plain and simple.

A lot of people say they want to join me but never follow through. Who passes up shooting someone else's guns and ammo?

All I care about now is my son (chomping at the bits, only 7), daughter, nephew and nieces interests... can't wait!

While every family and child is different, my son shot his first appleseed with 'his' 10-22 liberty training rifle when he was 7. Get your boy out to the range

While every family and child is different, my son shot his first appleseed with 'his' 10-22 liberty training rifle when he was 7. Get your boy out to the range
His birthday is the end of March so perfect timing! Thanks for the reassurance!

Back
Top Bottom