• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who here does NOT edc?

Irony is... I've almost stopped carrying in mid Maine. Wasn't really out of apathy or anything else. Just didn't feel the pressure of the need.

Then, went through Logan to fly to a large capital city in the south for a few days. Take away from that contact with people is, I'm now daily carrying again and going back to locking doors.

Hell. For the first time in my life, I have gone about a year leaving car and sometimes house during day unlocked.

While I feel safe. I also won't let that happen again. People are on the move.

so, I generally do not carry. I know, I know..

last night my 16yo kid had a band gig at a local trampoline joint.. typical chaos.. teens and pre-teen kids running around, noisy, etc.. band was doing their thing and I was sitting at a table watching and listening..

I had just walked right in.. I didn't even have my kid with me at that time as I had dropped him off for setup an hour earlier. no security of any kind.. if one of those mentally deranged kids wanted a soft target, this is it..

First time I had ever thought to myself, I wish I had my gun. Then thought about a specific escape plan... Sad that with all the places I go... stores, restaurants, etc.. that a f***in kids trampoline place made me feel insecure at all.

I tell my wife my feelings and she says that she thinks more about abductions.. like child custody fights, but she definitely understood my thoughts.. just sad
A few months ago, there was a story from Rhode Island: a dude brought a gun to a trampoline place. One of the parents saw the gun and called the police. He tried to get rid of the gun by throwing it in a garbage bin outside but was apprehended. Turned out he was a former felon.
Dumass felon aside, there are a few things to consider:
  • Is your carry method concealing enough. Check if it gets exposed when you bend, sit, twist, etc.
  • Is your clothing concealing. Single color shirts are a lot worse than multiple-color ones. Think Hawaii or tie-dye print, gray/black/white intermix. Basically, patterns that break up straight lines.
  • how capable are you? Kids are not like adults, they sprint in most unpredictable directions. Are your skills and reaction time good enough?
  • If, G-d forbid, a monster enters a park like that, there are you sure you are willing to have a 50/50 chance of living? Maybe even less. Think about it: you have reasons to live and people you care fore but the monster does not. They will shoot without consideration of what's around/behind you.
  • Your chances of escaping unscathed are significantly higher than staying and fighting. Are you ready?
  • How big is your bank account? Even if you prevent mass murder, be prepared to be charged.

A few months ago, there was a story from Rhode Island: a dude brought a gun to a trampoline place. One of the parents saw the gun and called the police. He tried to get rid of the gun by throwing it in a garbage bin outside but was apprehended. Turned out he was a former felon.
Dumass felon aside, there are a few things to consider:
  • Is your carry method concealing enough. Check if it gets exposed when you bend, sit, twist, etc.
  • Is your clothing concealing. Single color shirts are a lot worse than multiple-color ones. Think Hawaii or tie-dye print, gray/black/white intermix. Basically, patterns that break up straight lines.
  • how capable are you? Kids are not like adults, they sprint in most unpredictable directions. Are your skills and reaction time good enough?
  • If, G-d forbid, a monster enters a park like that, there are you sure you are willing to have a 50/50 chance of living? Maybe even less. Think about it: you have reasons to live and people you care fore but the monster does not. They will shoot without consideration of what's around/behind you.
  • Your chances of escaping unscathed are significantly higher than staying and fighting. Are you ready?
  • How big is your bank account? Even if you prevent mass murder, be prepared to be charged.
In shitty ass states yes

Dude i walked into a donut shop with my 3 year old my shirt rode up over my piece while at the counter the lady goes uhh check your shirt and that was it no muss no fuss

Couple weeks ago I was at my place in free(er) America. The guy infront of me at the gas station was open carrying a P228 while buying a handle of Jim Beam. Woman behind the counter complimented his holster. God I hate Massachusetts.
Wow... did you tell him lifes too short for shitty burbon

In shitty ass states yes

Dude i walked into a donut shop with my 3 year old my shirt rode up over my piece while at the counter the lady goes uhh check your shirt and that was it no muss no fuss
Most of Mass would be the same story, but the closer you get to Boston, the higher the density of Karens.

Irony is... I've almost stopped carrying in mid Maine. Wasn't really out of apathy or anything else. Just didn't feel the pressure of the need.

Then, went through Logan to fly to a large capital city in the south for a few days. Take away from that contact with people is, I'm now daily carrying again and going back to locking doors.

Hell. For the first time in my life, I have gone about a year leaving car and sometimes house during day unlocked.

While I feel safe. I also won't let that happen again. People are on the move.
You say mid maine, but your profile says portland. Did you move much further north and inland?

Back
Top Bottom