• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who here does NOT edc?

I haven't carried daily since I pulled my back out . . . . 4 or so years ago. I'm fine now, but I am wary of it. I've tried pocket carry of one thing or another. Then I lose when the pocket is being filled by a wallet or cell phone or something. I also don't want to look like MacGuyver with 58 items on my belt and person.

Ok maybe I'm the odd one, but I carry even when just walking the dog. Especially when we're walking trails in the woods.

If I leave the house, I'm carrying. When I get to the office it goes in the pop out safe drawer under my desk. When I'm in the office alone I also stage a revolver in a pop out safe drawer under a desk out front (when we're in the office alone the door is usually locked and we get cameral alerts on the phone).

I have annual CT Scans (shoulders up) where I'm carrying AIWB while taking the scan. I do leave it in the locker when I get an MRI though, lol. I carry at the gym & when I ride my bike.

It’s a federal building, can’t have a firearm on property. My car gets searched inside/out/underneath. And I walk through a metal detector

I get it that it is what you have to do for a job, but how do they search? I mean do you get out of the car and they go through it with lasers and stuff, or is it like Natick Labs/Hanscomb type of random search?

I always carry on personal time and about 30% on work time, sometimes more often depending on where I'm going. If venturing to a larger city or shithole city/town for work, I make sure I'm CC'ing.

I get it that it is what you have to do for a job, but how do they search? I mean do you get out of the car and they go through it with lasers and stuff, or is it like Natick Labs/Hanscomb type of random search?
It’s a legit search…. Open trunk and hood, unlock doors.. Fed police search interior, trunk, engine bay, and under car with mirror on a stick. Anything that looks like it could hide weapons or explosives like a guitar case or backpack gets opened. Some cops are more thorough than others, and shifts/posts change all the time so the guy who searched your car last Monday is not the guy next Monday, etc.
I walk through a metal detector and anything I’m carrying goes through the X-ray machine.
Parking on-site saves me about $700 a month, which is enough money to brave the mean 30-40 min drive north unarmed.

I was an armored car guard (transfer service Inc) many years ago (early 90’s). I got blocked from entering the fed in Boston as I was new and did not have clearance.

I sat at a bar across the street having a coke while I waited for my partner.

The security was kinda cool for the era.

Maybe I’m the only one….

I’ve been working in a Federal building for the past 2 years, and my car gets searched daily when I park. So needless to say I typically don’t carry a gun most days.

Anyone in a similar boat?
Are you an employee or a contractor? Showing your PIV card should get you waved past any searches, bypass metal detectors, etc.

Maybe I’m the only one….

I’ve been working in a Federal building for the past 2 years, and my car gets searched daily when I park. So needless to say I typically don’t carry a gun most days.

Anyone in a similar boat?
Ever hear of zap carry? I hear .40 is a popular option.

It’s a legit search…. Open trunk and hood, unlock doors.. Fed police search interior, trunk, engine bay, and under car with mirror on a stick. Anything that looks like it could hide weapons or explosives like a guitar case or backpack gets opened. Some cops are more thorough than others, and shifts/posts change all the time so the guy who searched your car last Monday is not the guy next Monday, etc.
I walk through a metal detector and anything I’m carrying goes through the X-ray machine.
Parking on-site saves me about $700 a month, which is enough money to brave the mean 30-40 min drive north unarmed.
I don’t go anywhere where there’s a metal detector or any kind of search. My company installs and repairs a certain type of office equipment. I assign those work orders to other guys. Unarmed isn’t how I want to leave the house.

the only place i go that doesn't want guns on the premises is the post office. they kinda do it on the honor system, no metal defector, so i just walk on in. i feel like the modern day john dillinger.
I'd be careful. Wasn't there a case here in Mass where a person parked in a post office parking lot and went across the street to some store only to be nabbed on federal gun charges when a post office worker noticed a gun in the car?

When I worked in a courthouse, my ID let me go around the metal detector.
When I worked on base, they would search cars, but not drivers.

I’d never break the law, but it would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom