Who here does NOT edc?

Maybe I’m the only one….

I’ve been working in a Federal building for the past 2 years, and my car gets searched daily when I park. So needless to say I typically don’t carry a gun most days.

Anyone in a similar boat?
I don't carry when I'm going through or to MA. I'd get an LTC, but my understanding is that the a real conceal carry permit is unlikely to happen for a free stater.

I don't carry when I'm going through or to MA. I'd get an LTC, but my understanding is that the a real conceal carry permit is unlikely to happen for a free stater.
Your understanding is wrong. Especially post bruen. It's just a pain in the ass because of the $100/yr thing.

Your understanding is wrong. Especially post bruen. It's just a pain in the ass because of the $100/yr thing.
Oh, fantastic. $100/yr tax that gets spent by MA on the reasons why conceal carrying is a good idea is frustrating, but not a real problem.

I had read this section of the document

The following restrictions may be applied to a non-resident LTC:

NONE – the LTC is issued for all lawful purposes with no restrictions. Applicant must show good reason to fear injury to his person or property.

EMPLOYMENT – restricts possession to a business owner engaged in business activities or to an employee while engaged in work related activities, and maintaining proficiency, where the employer requires carry of a firearm (i.e. armored car, security guard, etc.). Includes travel to and from activity location.

TARGET & HUNTING – restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition...

SPORTING – restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition...

Restrictions are based upon the information provided in the license application. Please ensure that you provide a detailed reason for requesting the issuance of a license in Massachusetts. Include information regarding how and where you intend to possess or use a firearm, as well as your knowledge of Massachusetts firearms laws and information about your firearms training.
https://www.mass.gov/doc/non-resident-ltc-application/download

and assumed the restrictions were regularly applied due to "Applicant must show good reason to fear injury to his person or property."

I don't think I could demonstrate "good reason to fear injury" unless the police are receptive to the fact that a traffic detour in southern NH could lead to the law being the reason why I want a permit.

Oh, fantastic. $100/yr tax that gets spent by MA on the reasons why conceal carrying is a good idea is frustrating, but not a real problem.

I had read this section of the document

https://www.mass.gov/doc/non-resident-ltc-application/download

and assumed the restrictions were regularly applied due to "Applicant must show good reason to fear injury to his person or property."

I don't think I could demonstrate "good reason to fear injury" unless the police are receptive to the fact that a traffic detour in southern NH could lead to the law being the reason why I want a permit.

None of that is necessary anymore. No more dog and pony shows. Even before bruen they had relaxed considerably.

Maybe I’m the only one….

I’ve been working in a Federal building for the past 2 years, and my car gets searched daily when I park. So needless to say I typically don’t carry a gun most days.

Not quite the same but my full time job facilities prohibit weapons on the property.
I'm also a NH resident and don't feel like submitting to Mass requirements for Out of State LTC.

Maybe I’m the only one….

I don't unusually carry a gun with me. Maybe a few weeks total per year? Not even sure I don't keep track of it.

I’m a edc “part timer” … my line of work takes me into facilities where I’m subject to full search.

And sometimes I just raw dog life … the gym, riding mountain bikes, dirt bikes, mountain running etc. no gun is more fun.

depends. with kids going to university campuses, etc - it depends upon a route.
mostly depends upon a mood, plus, i hate the hoster i have now, again, and until i get a replacement - it is an another contributing factor.

I'm also a NH resident and don't feel like submitting to Mass requirements for Out of State LTC.

Same here. I also refuse to give another penny to the Commonwealth. I don't usually carry while running errands in my town or when running/cycling. I usually carry in the woods and anytime I step foot in Manchester. The last two times that I've gone to pick up some food from my favorite middle eastern restaurant, there have been cops across the street arresting a guy and searching around with flashlights. Too many sketchy transients there NOT to carry.

Back
Top Bottom