Who here does NOT edc?

I’m kind of amazed that a lot of regulars don’t carry all the time. I feel off if I’m not strapped. If I have pants on I have a gun on.
I would carry all the time except it's always been a pain in the ass. I don't like wearing things on me. From hats to any jewelry to my car keys in my pocket.

Probably a sensory thing.

I would carry all the time except it's always been a pain in the ass. I don't like wearing things on me. From hats to any jewelry to my car keys in my pocket.

Im pretty much the opposite when it comes to a pistol at least. I remember when I first started carrying how physically uncomfortable it was. Now I dont even notice. Everything else though Im the same. No jewelry, no watch, no ear buds, etc.

Im pretty much the opposite when it comes to a pistol at least. I remember when I first started carrying how physically uncomfortable it was. Now I dont even notice. Everything else though Im the same. No jewelry, no watch, no ear buds, etc.
I've given it a few shots over the years. The only way I can actually conceal a handgun on my frame is pocket carry which is my actual preferred way anyway. The problem I run into is about half my pants have deep enough pockets.

Maybe some day I'll make a point to only buy pants with deep enough pockets. I did intentionally buy shorts like that. That said I'm wearing gym shorts right now so there I go again with the wrong pockets

The reality is its not a big deal in Dench brain. If it was I'd be making a point to deal with it.

I haven't carried in about 4 months due to back issues. It took 8 weeks of weekly chiropractor appointments and stretching exercises to finally unstick things and get it to where I could sit up and down and get around without being stiff and in pain. Down to every other week for the chiropractor however the exercises are daily. I am finally at a point now where I am considering trying EDC again when I am out depending on the circumstances.
Sorry to hear this and glad you are feeling better.
Why not pocket carry for a little while? Don't have a pocket gun you like? What a great excuse to buy one! Maybe a new holster like a shoulder rig or one of those stretchy shirt thing holsters? Treat yourself. You deserve it!
See, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Turn that frown upside down!

Besides, your back is f***ed up. You are more vulnerable. I know what that is like. You could get the shit kicked out of you by a couple of girl scouts selling cookies. When my back is tweaked, someone could just lean on me the wrong way and I would piss myself. Hasn't happened in years (knock on wood) but the last time I threw it out good, I picked up a gallon of milk the wrong way and went right to my knees!

Maybe I’m the only one….

I’ve been working in a Federal building for the past 2 years, and my car gets searched daily when I park. So needless to say I typically don’t carry a gun most days.

Anyone in a similar boat?
Fed as well, out of state at that

Agreed. I once had a terrifying moment when I got home from running a day of errands and realized I couldn't feel my pistol.

Where do you carry while riding a bike? Cycling jersey pocket?
Doesn't really matter, if you are all decked out in spandex. If a guy in spandex and a Star Wars helmet wearing funny shoes starts yelling at me, he could have a 1911 taped to his forehead and I wouldn't notice, because I would be laughing so hard.

Keister it.
You are supposed to wash that too.

Okay Mattapan.
I used to only go to Dorchester after midnight. I had friends in Mattapan and Roxbury, too. I've taught in the schools in all of these neighborhoods.

In the grand scheme, Boston just isn't that dangerous. Yes, it's worse than many other towns in MA. Yes, I almost always carry. But never because I'm afraid to go out in the big city without my Roscoe.

FWIW, it's amusing that people in this thread think they're doing opsec by not admitting to carrying an MA-compliant 3 round Taurus. If you're posting on this forum, at least 6 governments know you at least sometimes carry.

I was there in the past, I’ve carried some big pistols. Now I carry an Sig 365XL and I don’t even think about it. I’m with you though I don’t even wear a ring.

Back
Top Bottom