Who here is interested in NRL22 in Southern NH?

Looking to help a club get started if there is an interest...

Who here would be interested in official NRL22 matches for 2020 in Southern NH?

drb

What is it? I like 22 matches in south nh

In short, NRL22 is a .22 precision rifle series with official stages released by NRL for each month for matches.Official stages will consist of shooting in various positions (prone, off barricades, off hand, support side) and small (ish) targets at various distances inside 100 yards. Classes for youth, women, “base” classes and open class are supported so that anyone with a .22 can show up and participate.

View: https://youtu.be/2e8bNvjEJq0

Looking to help a club get started if there is an interest...

Who here would be interested in official NRL22 matches for 2020 in Southern NH?

drb

What club are you planning to do this at?

I’m set up to run matches at Reading in Mass, but I know many will not travel into the people’s republic and I don’t blame them

What club are you planning to do this at?

I’m set up to run matches at Reading in Mass, but I know many will not travel into the people’s republic and I don’t blame them

It is already in the works at a club in southern NH and I have offered my assistance in running and or marketing the matches, but I don’t speak on behalf of the club at this time so I don’t want to cause an issue until it’s figured out

Not trying to be cryptic or a pain in the ass, just want to make sure I’m respectful.

It is already in the works at a club in southern NH and I have offered my assistance in running and or marketing the matches, but I don’t speak on behalf of the club at this time so I don’t want to cause an issue until it’s figured out

Not trying to be cryptic or a pain in the ass, just want to make sure I’m respectful.

I understand. If you have any questions, let me know.

There are a few other clubs running these matches in New England. We don’t bother with NRL standings as a club. We just steal the course of fire and prop list. At Reading I add some stages out to 300yds.

I understand. If you have any questions, let me know.

There are a few other clubs running these matches in New England. We don’t bother with NRL standings as a club. We just steal the course of fire and prop list. At Reading I add some stages out to 300yds.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated!

I’ll definitely post here when I run another match. The weather is the big variable these days. I can run the matches on the covered 150yd range, but I like shooting the .22’s abit farther out.
Youre out at Reading? Thats a ways away from me, but I would be interested.

Does Granby still run NRL22?
I did not get a hard confirmation one way or another from them. Im also not sure if they were running actual NRL22 matches or just running the stages or maybe even something different.

Tons of cool stuff out there from the T1x, CZ457, the new Bergara B14r all the way to the Vudoo V22. The number of chassis makers building dedicated full size chassis for rifles like the T1x and 457 is pretty awesome

I've been wanting a CZ457 for a while, I think CoastieRon posted a thread about getting into this with one.

Those other hotrods are cool, but I have a thing about spending that much money on a singularly useful firearm.

Does Granby still run NRL22?

Granby had run some matches, but turnout was low. Maybe 4 or 5 shooters. I don’t think they’re bothering to run any this winter. Bob Meade was running it. He was nice enough to come to Reading for our first match.

We were planning to coordinate local matches through the MMPRL, but it was right in the middle of hunting season and kind of slipped away. Reading is currently the only club close to Boston that is involved. It would be awesome to get a club in S.NH involved, especially if they have a covered firing line.

I'll buy a rifle just to play this game.

You don’t have to break the bank to play the Rimfire game. I’m into my rig for about $1200 with the optic. It’s a factory Tikka T1x that I put into a KRG Bravo chassis. The scope is a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1. It’s a bit overkill on the scope, but it’s a good backup for my centerfire rifles. It shoots great with mid-grade ($6 a box) ammo. I was pleasantly surprised when it hit 15 for 15 on a 3” plate at 160yds.
1579272562472.jpeg

I have a friend with the CZ 455 trainer. It’s accurate enough, but he felt the Tikka ran smoother.

My rifle is always available as a loaner at any match. I think 4 or 5 people used it at the last match. Lol

You don’t have to break the bank to play the Rimfire game. I’m into my rig for about $1200 with the optic. It’s a factory Tikka T1x that I put into a KRG Bravo chassis. The scope is a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1. It’s a bit overkill on the scope, but it’s a good backup for my centerfire rifles. It shoots great with mid-grade ($6 a box) ammo. I was pleasantly surprised when it hit 15 for 15 on a 3” plate at 160yds.
View attachment 325106

I have a friend with the CZ 455 trainer. It’s accurate enough, but he felt the Tikka ran smoother.

My rifle is always available as a loaner at any match. I think 4 or 5 people used it at the last match. Lol

Well that's interesting, I am looking at the KRG Bravo for my Rem700, getting the same feel across both rifles is something I'd like.

Well that's interesting, I am looking at the KRG Bravo for my Rem700, getting the same feel across both rifles is something I'd like.
Same idea here - Just ordered a KRG Bravo for my rimfire build and want to eventually have a Bravo for a centerfire setup. There is also the ORYX chassis (made by MDT) that run $399 and are available for a lot of rimfire (455 / 457 / T1x)

So on to scopes. How well would something like a fixed 10x mildot (SWFA) do? I learned a lot about scopes up at ridgeline this past summer, and number 1 being that starting basic is likely best because I will likely learn what I want and it wont be the $1k scope I buy, much like happened with my SPR.

I do have a 10x SWFA not doing much that I could rob for this.

Back
Top Bottom