• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who In MA Sells Lever-Actions?

WallHack

Banned
I've recently become interested in getting a lever-action rifle, specifically one in .357/.38. I live in central MA (Spencer, to be exact.) Anyone know of any shops in this area that have a decent selection? I know I could have an FFL order me one, but I'd like to see one in person before I plunk down the cash.

Lever actions in .357 are getting pretty popular right now, so finding a shop with a decent selection on the rack is hit or miss.
Some popular models in this caliber are currently in short supply, such as the Henry Big Boy, it seems that big distributors are out of stock on them.
If you've never shot one, you may want to check out the lever action threads running on the forum right now for some opinions.
The popular models on the market right now are the Marlin 1894C, Rossi R92 and Henry Big Boy. Winchester still catalogs both 92 & 94 models in this caliber, but their prices have gone full retard. For the money, the Rossi R92 is the least expensive but comes in many variations, including stainless steel.

Lever actions in .357 are getting pretty popular right now, so finding a shop with a decent selection on the rack is hit or miss.
Some popular models in this caliber are currently in short supply, such as the Henry Big Boy, it seems that big distributors are out of stock on them.
If you've never shot one, you may want to check out the lever action threads running on the forum right now for some opinions.
The popular models on the market right now are the Marlin 1894C, Rossi R92 and Henry Big Boy. Winchester still catalogs both 92 & 94 models in this caliber, but their prices have gone full retard. For the money, the Rossi R92 is the least expensive but comes in many variations, including stainless steel.

I've mostly been looking at the R92 16" in stainless, but with my only lever-action experience coming from a Red Ryder years ago, I'd like to see if it "fits" and I'd also like to keep my options open.

I've mostly been looking at the R92 16" in stainless, but with my only lever-action experience coming from a Red Ryder years ago, I'd like to see if it "fits" and I'd also like to keep my options open.

Sounds like you're looking for a #56018

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?name=Lever Action Rifles&page=2

I have the #55018, same 16" stainless gun but chambered in .44Mag.
I was very impressed with the quality, function and smoothness of their new stainless offerings.
These are so much better than the old 92 Puma models of the 1990's.
I don't know any dealers that stock them, I've had mine for nearly two years, got it when the stainless models first hit the market, but had to order it and wait a week.

I just searched the Davidsons GOG site, they don't have an 16" models (#56018) in stock, but they do have 18 of the 20" guns (#56011) available right now.
You can search for yourself at : http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/
Here's a hint at getting the best price, when you enter the search criteria, use the Nashua zip code of 03062.
When you click the "Get Quote" button, you'll see why.

I picked this up about 3 weeks ago in Plymouth, I'm not sure if they have anymore. R92 16" in .38/.357 I love it so far, fun gun to shoot. It might have to go back to rossi though because it has some trouble feeding .357s looks like the loading ramps need to be adjust as the front of the round goes into the chamber to steep and locks up.
ypujupu2.jpg

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

Hunters trading post in Weymouth has a big selection. I just bought the Rossi 92 in 44 mag like zappa.

I picked this up about 3 weeks ago in Plymouth, I'm not sure if they have anymore. R92 16" in .38/.357 I love it so far, fun gun to shoot. It might have to go back to rossi though because it has some trouble feeding .357s looks like the loading ramps need to be adjust as the front of the round goes into the chamber to steep and locks up.
ypujupu2.jpg

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

Gorgeous gun!

Tombstone Trading has quite a few lever guns both new and used. They, of course, can order you whatever you want. Great guys to deal with as well. The only problem I have with them is that I drive by the shop twice per day... [wink]

Bobs tactical is advertising a rossi on thier website.......new. THey are in Salisbury MA

RossiR92.357$49522in hex barrel, lever action

Undercover Arms in Hudson usually has a .357 lever gun or two in stock. (It's on my list to get but there are other things I need first...).

IDC in Clinton also has a large stock of rifles and probably has one.

Callahan's in Marlborough has some lever guns but I think they're 1895s... not sure.

I've been thinking about a getting a lever gun, mainly a Marlin 30-30. Looked at some at Dicks Sporting Goods today and I'm really shocked at what Remington's done with the finish. Instead of a nice deep Marlin bluing, it almost looks like a phosphate. I know they still blue most of their other guns, so I wonder why they would put this junky looking coating on their flagship 336? Assuming they've worked out most of the bugs on their lever guns since moving to KY, the finish on the "blued" laminate guns really makes me think twice. Anyone else notice this?

As of last Saturday morning, Hunters Trading had the same gun as Gixxer for sale. A Rossi 92 stainless steel 16" barrel in 357 mag for $525.

I picked this up about 3 weeks ago in Plymouth, I'm not sure if they have anymore. R92 16" in .38/.357 I love it so far, fun gun to shoot. It might have to go back to Rossi though because it has some trouble feeding .357s looks like the loading ramps need to be adjust as the front of the round goes into the chamber to steep and locks up.

Sorry to hear that.
I thought they had that problem all ironed out by now, my early model 92 Puma .357 did that too, I also got many case head separations upon ejection of .357 shells. It was a real bitch to remove the shell body from the chamber when you don't have a straight shot at it. However, it always functioned perfectly with .38's.
My Browning BL-92 cycles ONLY with .357's, .38's will jamb their nose into the edge of the chamber, but it was never advertised to function with .38's either.
My Rossi .44 Mag R-92 functions perfectly with both magnums and .44 Specials.
They also offer an R-92 in .454 Casull, don't know if that one works with .45LC's also.

As of last Saturday morning, Hunters Trading had the same gun as Gixxer for sale.
A Rossi 92 stainless steel 16" barrel in 357 mag for $525.

Sounds a bit high when you can get a NEW one for $460. [rolleyes]

I just got a rossi 92 in .357 at gfa arms tech in Natick. They have a new one on the shelf and a used one in 45lc.

I know a great place in NH for pre 64 winchesters. I can't just post the name for fear that everyone will buy it out. They must have 40+ pre 64 winchesters at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom