Who knew that gun owners were such warriors for gun control.

And I might be in the minority here but I personally believe the Bruen case is a very,very important case.

It is very important but most of us are not going to excuse everything and pet the NRA's dick because they showed up on the 11th hour and decided to fund an RKBA case. The NRA has funded several important cases but they never did the legwork to set them up, and honestly those cases were positioned such that if they didn't fund them it would be embarassing for them.

It's difficult to sit around and go "well its more good than bad" when you've seen some of the heinous shit the NRA has done to gun owners

-NRA was peripherally involved in the national firearms act which f***ed up MGs, suppressors etc federally....
-Intentionally Tried to torpedo Heller vs DC by dragging it off into the weeds to make it not a 2a case (because the NRA has no balls), they reversed course once Gura punched them in
the groin in court, and then suddenly showed up to "Help" with MacDonald once they realized they were going to lose a shitload of money over it...
-Singlehandedley torpedoed constitutional carry attempts in NH and set the effort back by YEARS as a result
-Pretty much caused the bump stock ban (because their lobbying sucks and they were askeered, so they manipulated Trump instead)
-Stupid f***ing CNN town hall after Parkland. (f*** you NRA retards for walking right into that trap.) Does general motors, toyota, and a group representing the other 99% of drivers show up every time a drunk driver kills someone? no. The appearance of "all the people who had nothing to do with it" after a mass shooting is a horrible look, stupid f***ing NRA
retards.
-NRA let Reagan sign FOPA with the Hughes Amendment intact. (admittedly, this was a gaffe, but if they were on top of things they would have stopped it, but its obvious they didnt care or secretly agreed with that outcome)
-NRA had an entire congress + Bush Jr. (R) dominated period of itme and did nothing iwth it, out of the entire bush term we only got PLCAA. Really? REALLY? [rofl] this is probably the biggest political squander in RKBA modern history.... esp after 9/11, gun control was donkey punched hard.
-NRA is not opposing red flag laws nearly enough, or in some cases seems to be playing both sides.
-NRA's lobbying influence in 2023 is absolute dog shit. STEAMING dog shit. It's not like it was coming out of the 90s AWB era where pols felt the heat and got stung by not being
endorsed, etc.... nearly all of that is gone now.
-WLP is perpetually corrupt and burns scads of member's cash (Although honestly nobody would care if they delivered, but they dont. )

I'm sure others here could probably add another half dozen things to this list but I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but regardless there are the optics on the other end that basically makse the NRA look like controlled opposition.

I've been a life time member for about 20 years now.

I like the magazine, and the fact that I don't have to deal with recruiting drives at gun shows or gun ranges.

They're not getting any more money out of me. I'll donate to a group that actually does something. No secret that they've given up on Mass - I don't know their feelings about NH. And despite supporting gun control since 1934, just the name NRA throws the tards into a spin and shuts down any conversation.

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t give a shit how expensive his suits or homes are, as long as he was effective at his job and earned his pay.

This.... Nobody would care about WLP taking a shit in a Pablo Escobar style, gold plated toilet paid for by members, if he orchestrated a list of wins, especially legislatively or lobbying
wise. The wins the NRA has pulled in the past 20 years on thier own accord, have not been huge. But when you run an org that is largely decorative, and you're setting cash on
fire for entertainment, people start to get upset....

-NRA had an entire congress + Bush Jr. (R) dominated period of itme and did nothing iwth it, out of the entire bush term we only got PLCAA. Really? REALLY? [rofl] this is probably the biggest political squander in RKBA modern history.... esp after 9/11, gun control was donkey punched hard.
-NRA had an entire congress + Trump, yet got nowhere on National Reciprocity nor the HPA.

Time magazine, I know, but a few excerpts laying out all the times the NRA has helped enact legislation that's still boning us today:

In the 1920s, the National Revolver Association, the arm of the NRA responsible for handgun training, proposed regulations later adopted by nine states, requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, five years additional prison time if the gun was used in a crime, a ban on gun sales to non-citizens, a one day waiting period between the purchase and receipt of a gun, and that records of gun sales be made available to police.

The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons.

Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. He shot the president with an Italian military surplus rifle purchased from a NRA mail-order advertisement. NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth agreed at a congressional hearing that mail-order sales should be banned stating, “We do think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.”

The summer riots of 1967 and assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy in 1968 prompted Congress to reenact a version of the FDR-era gun control laws as the Gun Control Act of 1968. The act updated the law to include minimum age and serial number requirements, and extended the gun ban to include the mentally ill and drug addicts. In addition, it restricted the shipping of guns across state lines to collectors and federally licensed dealers and certain types of bullets could only be purchased with a show of ID. The NRA, however, blocked the most stringent part of the legislation, which mandated a national registry of all guns and a license for all gun carriers. In an interview in American Rifleman, Franklin Orth stated that despite portions of the law appearing “unduly restrictive, the measure as a whole appears to be one that the sportsmen of America can live with.”

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t give a shit how expensive his suits or homes are, as long as he was effective at his job and earned his pay.
IF he earned his pay, I would not give a shit if he bought the most expensive house on the planet- with that money he earned. You realize he expected this house to be provided by the NRA on top of his pay, and the reasoning was over security concerns after the Parkland shooting? But go ahead and explain to me how he earned a $6M perk on top of his pay.

Wayne is a leach and has surrounded himself with people who's only job is to keep him in power and keep the money flowing into their pockets.
it is a scam organization that hasn't done anything their members have charged them with doing in decades.
the only saving grace is they have been taking the heat for actual pro 2A organizations.

I've bought enough suits, flights and apartments for prostitutes to last a lifetime.

i don't like this fight with the nra being as public as it is. this is what the opposition wants to see, in fighting, division among the ranks. we're right where they want to see the gun lobby, weak and defeated. they're lovin' this.

If the NRA actually protected the 2nd amendment, you might have people writing checks. What major cases have they won? Ever? If I wanted to line the pockets of people espousing ideas just to virtue signal, I'd just go donate to any of my local D's here in MA.

NFA was passed, and NRA decided to update it's members how the new laws would affect them. Up until 1975, the NRA was FUDDs. hunting and ourdoorsy guys who were non partisan and didn't take a stance on gun control. 7 years was spent circle jerking over who should lead the NRA. It took to 1982 to get some actual coal in the boiler, and the first bits of results in 86. Following by the biggest hit in that same year gun owners have taken since the original NFA.

Even Heston stole his line from a group actually fighting for the 2A in Washington. He may have been a good PR poster guy but hindsight being 20/20, probably was holding his wallet, and not a gun, when he said it.

If someone else wants to write them checks, more power to them. You'll help pay for the bankruptcy restructuring and civil suits. Hard pass for me.

i don't like this fight with the nra being as public as it is. this is what the opposition wants to see, in fighting, division among the ranks. we're right where they want to see the gun lobby, weak and defeated. they're lovin' this.

Not sure if serious the NRA has been weak for like 20 years now. This isn't a "new" thing. Also the "gun lobby" exists far beyond the NRA.

Not sure if serious the NRA has been weak for like 20 years now. This isn't a "new" thing. Also the "gun lobby" exists far beyond the NRA.
dead serious. capitol hill use to really fear the nra. don't know if the nra still has that much power. we need that clout and i don't see anyone with the power nra had. this will pass. same as it did with g.o.a.l. in the 70's and mike yancino. i'm old enough to remember that bullshit.

dead serious. capitol hill use to really fear the nra. don't know if the nra still has that much power. we need that clout and i don't see anyone with the power nra had. this will pass. same as it did with g.o.a.l. in the 70's and mike yancino. i'm old enough to remember that bullshit.

They don't and they haven't "feared the NRA" in like 20 years.

NRA didn't have teeth till 82. That's how long it took them to get their ass in gear when they started in 75

NRA didn't have teeth till 82. That's how long it took them to get their ass in gear when they started in 75
ok, 6 years to be a powerhouse after they focused on lobbying. i'd say that was a successful business plan. we now got nothing as big and loud as the nra. goa? where are they? i just let my membership lapse there too. i wasn't seeing anything to advance the case with them. we're f***ed now. don't matter if wayne and his cronies get booted now, the damage is done.

Hopefully the Board (even the Wayne lap dogs) will get the message as members head towards the exit door.
The NRA has lost its purpose and abandoned its mission.
The board lap dogs are fat and happy, like Wayne, but if the bucks go away they may as well.

Every time a gun owner bad mouths the NRA, the Democrats have an orgasm, and laugh at how stupid gun owners really are by cutting our own throats.

If the NRA is the distraction for (D)'s, I'm all about it. Let the (D)'s focus on the NRA whose about 1 step from being completely useless while the other orgs who do real work go without harassment.

So where would you like to take it so that it isn't public and how would you propose resolving anything once you did?

waiting to hear your thoughts on the situation. I got nothing, we're f***ed.
Accountability is a good thing, especially if there was an interest in reform. But the NES consensus is apparently that gun rights wouldn’t be affected by an absence of the NRA. I don’t know.

It is weird to see something that right-wingers and Democrats can agree on, so I guess there’s that.

Back
Top Bottom