• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who likes belt feds?

I just picked this up today. Now I need some Israeli .308 links!
IMAG0195.jpg

you NH boys really know how to rub it in, in mAss we have to contend with 10 links max (can they be pre-ban?), ah what's the point?

kick ass!!!

I've never seen the point of semi-auto beltfeds personally. Unless they're mounted on a restored Jeep, that was damn cool.

Business:2059275 said:
I don't care if its not full auto that thing is still awesome. Semi auto will save you in ammo too

Saving ammo defeats the purpose of having it!

I've never seen the point of semi-auto beltfeds personally. Unless they're mounted on a restored Jeep, that was damn cool.

Ever fired one with a crankfire device? Try it sometime, then get back to us.

I'm on the notification list for the Emory Jones six lobe crankfire. As soon as he makes a new batch I am all in.

You'll love it. His crankfire is one of the best engineered and best built aftermarket gun devices I've ever bought, bar none. The thing is machined and finished perfectly and works flawlessly.

I miss my 1919 and mg42 semis at times. Don't miss the hassle feeding the 50 and 100 round belts by hand, and the heavy transporting them , tripod,and ammo...

I live in NH. There is no full auto permit. As a matter of fact, if I buy a machine gun using a trust there is no local police involvement at all. There is, however, a very large price tag attached to a transferable 1919A4 which prevents me from getting one.

I'm planning on welding a mount to the roll bar in my '04 TJ to mount it.

2nd on the crankfire. On my 1919 it definitely approaches the cyclic rate of the weapon on full auto. On a heavy tripod like my Colt 1928 it's incredibly stable too, you can practically draw pictures in the berm with the bullets.

you NH boys really know how to rub it in, in mAss we have to contend with 10 links max (can they be pre-ban?), ah what's the point?

kick ass!!!

I would like to know if that is true or not. There was some discussion about it in the 1919a4 group build thread and I don't remember what the resolution was.

If you use links that were manufactured pre-ban - and you use an ammo can that was manufactured pre-ban (there are WW2 era .30 ammo cans still out there available) - are you restricted to no more than 10 rounds?

What about the fabric belts? You can still find 225 round fabric belts available - that have a date stamp right on them of 1942 - would you be restricted to 10 rounds on that - the thing was definitely made prior to the AWB.

Wouldn't it be the same deal as using a pre-ban mag?

I would like to know if that is true or not. There was some discussion about it in the 1919a4 group build thread and I don't remember what the resolution was.

If you use links that were manufactured pre-ban - and you use an ammo can that was manufactured pre-ban (there are WW2 era .30 ammo cans still out there available) - are you restricted to no more than 10 rounds?

What about the fabric belts? You can still find 225 round fabric belts available - that have a date stamp right on them of 1942 - would you be restricted to 10 rounds on that - the thing was definitely made prior to the AWB.

Wouldn't it be the same deal as using a pre-ban mag?

I think that you are correct. There are plenty of 7.62x54r belts that are way pre-ban mfged. A belt of 250 Mosin rounds is awesome to just drape over your body. I need to find something to shoot it from, now.

Back
Top Bottom