• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who sells B&T APC9 in Massachusetts

I think with a tax stamp for a SBR, this could be Mass legal, right?

Are there any Mass dealers out there who know about B&T?

It Takes GLOCK Mags! B&T Develops New APC9 Glock Kit -

B&T AG

The Gun Parlor has them - or are they only for LEO?
B&T SEMI-AUTOMATIC APC9 PRO 9MM – The Gun Parlor

I'd love an APC9 Pro for the updated non-reciprocating charging handle and the Glock mag compatibility option. Looks like an amazing subgun, but stupid expensive though. I think you'd have to pin the stock, but otherwise I can't see an MA issue if you SBR. Do trilugs present a muzzle device issue?

We can't sell SBRs. MIRCS doesn't have an option for registration of a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" so we can't sell them. If you want an SBR you'd have to take a rifle and make it an SBR by form 1 yourself. MIRCS sucks.

They also can't be sold to LEO as pistols, not on the list... [hmmm]

Lastly, tri-lug is a QD suppressor mount system.

Riggs and Murtaw didn't like Mercs either. They blow'd up Dixie. ;)

If you really want something CLOSE to this, have you considered a CAA MCK??? Not an SBR. $200 plus your normal 9mm Glock.

We can't sell SBRs. MIRCS doesn't have an option for registration of a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16" so we can't sell them. If you want an SBR you'd have to take a rifle and make it an SBR by form 1 yourself. MIRCS sucks.

They also can't be sold to LEO as pistols, not on the list... [hmmm]

Lastly, tri-lug is a QD suppressor mount system.

Good info. My only question with the trilug was not so much what it was, but if it is an "evil feature" because it is similar to the "(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor". One could theoretically use a trilug to mount a flash suppressor, but it isn't technically a threaded barrel.

So does this mean that someone can't register an SBR in Massachusetts built off of an AR lower?

Good info. My only question with the trilug was not so much what it was, but if it is an "evil feature" because it is similar to the "(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor". One could theoretically use a trilug to mount a flash suppressor, but it isn't technically a threaded barrel.

I know hkparts sells flash suppressors designed to go on a three lug mount. A proper three lug is never threaded though so assuming that is a law you quoted above you would be good right?

So does this mean that someone can't register an SBR in Massachusetts built off of an AR lower?
On this gun the lower doesn’t get a serial number.

ATF says only the upper does.

What steps must I do to get one of these?

Can any ffl order one and then hold it until I get my stamp?

On this gun the lower doesn’t get a serial number.

ATF says only the upper does.

What steps must I do to get one of these?

Can any ffl order one and then hold it until I get my stamp?

Could order one with a faux can pinned on and remove it when you get stamp. That's assuming you can find someone willing to jump through those hoops to sell it to you when they can just sell to a free state or LE.

Could order one with a faux can pinned on and remove it when you get stamp. That's assuming you can find someone willing to jump through those hoops to sell it to you when they can just sell to a free state or LE.
Can’t a ffl in Massachusetts get one and hold it for me?

No. They're just not willing to mash buttons and register a gun. But it can be done. And it's what most people do assuming they care about FA-10ing a build. Most
dealers don't want to check off "handgun" because they don't want EOPS potentially riding their ass for it for not being compliant or whatever.

-Mike

You can not form 1 an SBR that is already an SBR. If in SBR format, it is already in the NFA registry. Would have to go out from dealer to non licensee on form 4.

You can take a rifle or pistol which you personally own now, however you come to acquire it in MA (registered on FA10), and form 1 it. After making an SBR, no need to re-FA10, not that this could be done in that way.

Reptile, an FFL can not order one for you and hold until you receive your stamp.

An 07 FFL could theoretically buy one, manufacture it into a rifle, in mass compliant form, and then sell it to you, and you form 1 it into an SBR. Naturally, still have to keep it mass compliant.

You can not form 1 an SBR that is already an SBR. If in SBR format, it is already in the NFA registry. Would have to go out from dealer to non licensee on form 4.

You can take a rifle or pistol which you personally own now, however you come to acquire it in MA (registered on FA10), and form 1 it. After making an SBR, no need to re-FA10, not that this could be done in that way.

Reptile, an FFL can not order one for you and hold until you receive your stamp.

An 07 FFL could theoretically buy one, manufacture it into a rifle, in mass compliant form, and then sell it to you, and you form 1 it into an SBR. Naturally, still have to keep it mass compliant.

The reason they import all of their guns as pistols is so they don’t have to deal with 922r. If an 07 were to make it a rifle I’m assuming it would require 922r compliance. I don’t know of any US made aftermarket parts at this time that would satisfy 922r.

The reason they import all of their guns as pistols is so they don’t have to deal with 922r. If an 07 were to make it a rifle I’m assuming it would require 922r compliance. I don’t know of any US made aftermarket parts at this time that would satisfy 922r.

Well then.. can't even SBR one until someone does make US made parts for 922r compliance.

Well then.. can't even SBR one until someone does make US made parts for 922r compliance.

So, you are saying there is absolutely no way to acquire this gun in Massachusetts?

Bring the frame in through an FFL - no issues with EOPS. Purchase the upper separately (will cost a few $$$) more and then E-File the form 1. Nice and easy.
PS I would t lose much (or any for that matter) sleep on 922 compliance. That’s on the manufacturer/importer and not you.

Bring the frame in through an FFL - no issues with EOPS. Purchase the upper separately (will cost a few $$$) more and then E-File the form 1. Nice and easy.
PS I would t lose much (or any for that matter) sleep on 922 compliance. That’s on the manufacturer/importer and not you.
It only comes as an upper. The upper is the only serialized part per ATF. The lowers are freely available. I mean when you buy one it comes complete - but only the upper has a serial number.

I presume a Mass FFL has the ability to add this gun on his bound book, correct?

Any FFL can bring it in.. not the problem. Problem lies in 1) it is an AW. 2) you can't form 1 it to an SBR LEGALLY, if you can't make it 922R compliant.

I was at my local gun store recently and they were telling me they were being denied on trying to transfer a sig SBR to a buyer who had the tax stamp in hand, seems Massachusetts has decided not to honor the federal stamp anymore SMH

I was at my local gun store recently and they were telling me they were being denied on trying to transfer a sig SBR to a buyer who had the tax stamp in hand, seems Massachusetts has decided not to honor the federal stamp anymore SMH

I think that's what was posted in post #3 above in action.

Some enterprising MA FFL should take pistols like this in, slap on a longer barrel or pin a fake can, add a stock and sell them as rifles. Leave it to the buyer to convert. Same with those SP5Ks. Make it a rifle and sell it to us poor bastards.

Some enterprising MA FFL should take pistols like this in, slap on a longer barrel or pin a fake can, add a stock and sell them as rifles. Leave it to the buyer to convert. Same with those SP5Ks. Make it a rifle and sell it to us poor bastards.

Feds don't allow this, Title 1 guns that start as handguns cannot be "demoted" at least not that I can remember.

-Mike

That's not the issue, it's about whether or not a dealer can legally demote it before the first point of sale.... and even if they can, would it then violate the regs if the buyer switches it back? (unless the dealer still has it exit as a pistol, but then if he's willing to do that, then why bother?)

-Mike

Why wouldn't they be able to demote it if they bought it? It sounds like pistols can be changed to rifles pretty freely, so would it just be a matter of them updating their books? And the firearm only gets "registered" in MA (the transaction recorded, essentially) at the time of sale. If they SBR it, or return it to its original pistol configuration (which is cool by BATFE) it shouldn't be any concern of the commonwealth's.

Not to thread jack but is there any precedent that an SBR must be AWB compliant? My understanding is the AWB is written with rifle defined as having a 16"+ barrel. So it would seem that you can't be both an SBR and a rifle in mass? Hence the registration issues. Wouldn't this mean any SBR is AWB exempt?

Back
Top Bottom