• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who was the funny guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you guys, but I've been on this forum for over three years, and have NEVER even thought about pushing the "report post" button. Nor have I ever left a negative rep point. The people who are f***ups/post ridiculous shit will get weeded out fairly quickly, and I see no need to police the forum. We have mods for this purpose (among others) and I trust their judgement without question. It seems to me that there's a couple of NES'ers (no names named) that really want to be something "more" then "just a member": Reporting posts, playing mod, jumping into certain activities without establishing themselves with the community first, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's not my place to police their actions, but some folks just need to lighten up and contribute to the content of the forum and enjoy themselves. It smacks of the kid in third grade that would tattle on his contemporaries for no valid reason.

Once again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, and please do not take it as such.

I've never reported a post or negrep'd someone either.

I once hit the negative itrader button by accident after buying some accessories off a member. I felt horrible and PM'd the seller, and a few mods until JonJ fixed it for me. [grin]

I only hit report button once. It was an obvious troll, he got banned right before i did it, or right after. I'd pm'd him(her) about posting the same thread in various topics to help. If i recall correctly, he replied w / hate mail [laugh]

then he was blue...

as for neg reps - i've done a few, probably 5.

great post fooped - neg reps inbound [rofl]

Yeah I've PM'd a few users trying to help with things like:

POSTING IN ALL FRIGGIN CAPS

nonsensicalsentencesthatrunonforeverwithnospacesorpunctuationwhatsoever

or just general shitty attitudes towards other posters.

Where do these folks come from?! [thinking]

Yeah I've PM'd a few users trying to help with things like:

POSTING IN ALL FRIGGIN CAPS

nonsensicalsentencesthatrunonforeverwithnospacesorpunctuationwhatsoever

or just general shitty attitudes towards other posters.

Where do these folks come from?! [thinking]

It's "Internet toughguy/douchebag theory". I particularly despise the posts that mention any kind of physical violence (yup there are a few). It follows the theory that everyone's a tough guy behind their keyboard.

Me? I don't say anything on this board (or elsewhere) that I wouldn't say/own up to in person. This behavior is childish and unacceptable in my opinion. There was one poster that was so rude, I actually was considering challenging him to a supervised boxing match, ref and all. I doubt he would have accepted, and I wouldn't have pushed the issue, but folks being rude in cyberspace to people who's side they're SUPPOSEDLY on is just unreal.

It's "Internet toughguy/douchebag theory". I particularly despise the posts that mention any kind of physical violence (yup there are a few). It follows the theory that everyone's a tough guy behind their keyboard.

Me? I don't say anything on this board (or elsewhere) that I wouldn't say/own up to in person. This behavior is childish and unacceptable in my opinion. There was one poster that was so rude, I actually was considering challenging him to a supervised boxing match, ref and all. I doubt he would have accepted, and I wouldn't have pushed the issue, but folks being rude in cyberspace to people who's side they're SUPPOSEDLY on is just unreal.

awwww, c'mon, cut him some slack, he's off his meds [rofl]

i talk LOTS of smack too... but that's my role on NES. [laugh]

[wink]

This is basically Derek's house. His rules are pretty loose and there is plenty of opportunity to play but still, even members (and even mods for that matter) are guests.

Would you visit a friend's house and start talking trash to other guests?

I'd whoop you right upside the head if I were there. [laugh2]

But seriously, act like you are an invited guest at Derek's pool party and you'll be fine.

I'm telling you, it's the oversized cursor he installed from cursor mania! He was TRYING to give REPS!

cursor.jpg

Nope, you basically got it right. The Report Post button should only be pressed for something really urgent that needs to get addressed immediately. Otherwise just PM a mod and we'll look into it.

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying this. I think I only hit the "panic" button one time when someone posted the name of a company that would ship to the PRM... or maybe I just PM'd a mod, don't really remember.

Haven't neg-repped anyone yet....[grin]

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying this. I think I only hit the "panic" button one time when someone posted the name of a company that would ship to the PRM... or maybe I just PM'd a mod, don't really remember.

Haven't neg-repped anyone yet....[grin]

yea, now that I think of it, the only reason i've ever reported a post was when someone posted a name of a compay that ships to the PRM(and got a THANK YOU from Milsurps4me for it at least once!) or when someone was being more of a jerk then expected.

The report post button is there to help users help mods in their jobs. I've always figured(and this is how it has worked on other forums) that reporting a post gets moderator attention on that post pretty quickly. Obviously, my reporting a post sets off some sort of "bells and whistles" somewhere. In that regards, I feel the button does its job well.

If you don't want users reporting posts to you that violate the rules, then disable the button.

Last edited:
yea, now that I think of it, the only reason i've ever reported a post was when someone posted a name of a compay that ships to the PRM(and got a THANK YOU from Milsurps4me for it at least once!) or when someone was being more of a jerk then expected.

The report post button is there to help users help mods in their jobs. I've always figured(and this is how it has worked on other forums) that reporting a post gets moderator attention on that post pretty quickly. Obviously, my reporting a post sets off some sort of "bells and whistles" somewhere. In that regards, I feel the button does its job well.

If you don't want users reporting posts to you that violate the rules, then disable the button.
[thinking]
SuperStock_1672R-8176.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom