• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's here from NY?

Oh yes there are!

Just like terraformer said, ohhhhhh yes there are! LOL! I consider myself an EX New Yorker, been many moons since I lived in NY! ;)

Ha!

Just messing with youse!

My bride and I were born and schooled in NYC and worked in The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn. We've lived in far west MA now for over twenty five years.

Any day that my coworkers are discussing anything to do with NY, someone will say, "Ask him--he's a New Yorker!"

According to some, you can take the boy out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the boy...

Well, I was not born or raised in NY, but I am here now. I lived in NYC for many years until we got a 2nd home in Delaware County to get out of the city from time to time. After our daughter was born, and I didn't want to raise her in the city, I figured out a way to raise her up here. Now I can shoot and hunt on my own property and we like it. Would like it to be warmer, but you can't have everything, OH yeah, we'd rather it wasn't a "Nazi" government for the state, but it is what it is.

Riginally from mid Hudson valley. Black Rock Fish and Game.

After college and a few years in Mass (Framingham sportsmen’s club) went to Rochester

26 years in Rochester. (Genesee Conservattion League and Rochester Brooks)

10 years back in MA (GCL and Granby)

All that time still have camp in 315

Grew up in Pittsford, NY. Left for college in 76; back there working from about 83-87.

Was a member of Genessee Conservation League

Grew up in Queensbury.
Left in '87.
Married a girl from Averill Park.
Been back a few times to visit kith 'n kin.
I miss the Adirondacks, but I don't miss NY.

Holy seven year necro thread.
Surprised to see how many people (myself included) live/lived in Rochester. Now that we have Wegmans here, there is nothing to miss.
I am not nor ever will consider myself a "New Yorker," ex or otherwise.

Saranac NY near Plattsburgh. Have lived in Niagara Falls, Marion, Florida and Mass.

Since we're resurrecting this thread: Born Bronx, grew up overseas, came back for last 2 years of high school (Fishkill NY), College in Ithaca. Fam still in NYC & Dutchess Co.

Live in Queens (LIC) most Mondays to Wednesday or Thursday. Then to Pennsylvania for the weekend, either Philadelphia or Warren.

Saranac NY near Plattsburgh.
Popular place.

Have lived in Niagara Falls, Marion, Florida and Mass.
Coulda cut out the middle man on those last two.
C4xmiryWAAA2ZbR

Oh yeah. My Dad and I left Ithaca on Dec 22 -- I'd finally finished grad school. Two cars, mine pulling a trailer. It was wicked cold when we left. We were on 17 going west, headed to Chicago. The wind picked up big time. 50+ mph. Then it started snowing. We made it to scenic, downtown Homer, NY before they closed the roads. All of the roads. In the county. Big time snow. Big time wind. 20 degrees below zero.

We, along with 40 other people, spent two days in a dive hotel above a beer-and-a-shot bar in Homer. One phone, in the kitchen. Bathroom down the hall. Not much heat or hot water. One TV, in the bar.

We finally made our way out two days later-- the plow crew had plowed the road to I80 so that an ambulance could get to Buffalo. 20 miles away there was hardly any snow. [angry][angry2]
Was that 2 day delay to dig out …….. or sober up??

Many years ago I went for NYS training at the World Trade Center. Was headed for lunch with a local who asked me where I was from. I replied Saranac, and then said it was Upstate. “Oh, near Poughkeepsie?”, he replied. After a 15 minute NY geography lesson including Saratoga & Buffalo, I finally told him we were 70 miles south of Montreal. His reply:

“Geez, yer really out in the Boonies!”

Riginally from mid Hudson valley. Black Rock Fish and Game.

After college and a few years in Mass (Framingham sportsmen’s club) went to Rochester

26 years in Rochester. (Genesee Conservattion League and Rochester Brooks)

10 years back in MA (GCL and Granby)

All that time still have camp in 315
Thought I should update. Made the escape from MA In 2021 ( delayed a year by COVID). I miss the great clubs there but not the state of MA

In northeast PA, less than an hour south of Binghamton. Still have the lake camp in North ny. ( like 8 miles from Canada eh). Joined a club with 1000 yard range in Mifflin County PA, another one with short range in NY. Anyone know a club in St Lawrence county with longer distance? ( 300 yds or better)

I still get back to Rochester area to see grand kids,

People from NYC have zero concept of the rest of the State, anything north of Westchester Co is "upstate". It's annoying as hell, they have no concept that Albany is Capitol District, Ithaca/Syracuse are "Central NY", then there's Western NY and the Upstate. My family is from the Poughkeepsie area, I went to school in Ithaca, used to do business in Albany

Many years ago I went for NYS training at the World Trade Center. Was headed for lunch with a local who asked me where I was from. I replied Saranac, and then said it was Upstate. “Oh, near Poughkeepsie?”, he replied. After a 15 minute NY geography lesson including Saratoga & Buffalo, I finally told him we were 70 miles south of Montreal. His reply:

“Geez, yer really out in the Boonies!”
I worked with a young man for a short time who said he was from upstate NY.

I thought to myself, "Oh boy, here we go!"

When I asked him where specifically he said, "Massena."

I laughed out loud and said, "Yes sir, you are in fact from upstate NY."

Back
Top Bottom