Who's shooting, who's not shooting???

A great range day today. 65 deg, sunny, and the range pretty much to myself. I decided to make it an NFA day.

Three stamps here, and all Form 1's.

IMG-1483b.jpg

My Glock-lower AR9 is working hard to edge out my Colt-lower AR9 as a favorite, and with the can on top, it runs like a quiet sewing machine.

IMG-1480.jpg

At the 100 yard range, on the plates, it's "Choomp," pause, "CLANG." Thank you, Governor Sununu.

A great range day today. 65 deg, sunny, and the range pretty much to myself. I decided to make it an NFA day.

View attachment 351706

My Glock-lower AR9 is working hard to edge out my Colt-lower AR9 as a favorite, and with the can on top, it runs like a quiet sewing machine.

View attachment 351707

At the 100 yard range, on the plates, it's "Choomp," pause, "CLANG." Thank you, Governor Sununu.
God I need to shoot a suppressed pistol. I’ve only shot a suppressed MPX at Sig last year....

I hit the range late this afternoon. Blew through 100 rounds of 44 mag in the DW revolver and 120 rounds of 7.62x39 through the Arsenal AK.

View attachment 351706

View attachment 351707

My Honey Badger has the suppressor inside the hand guard and it can get uncomfortable if I’m mag dumping. How hot does it get with 9mm on the guard?

My Honey Badger has the suppressor inside the hand guard and it can get uncomfortable if I’m mag dumping. How hot does it get with 9mm on the guard?
The 9mm is a pretty low-intensity round compared to a rifle round. I can mag dump pretty hard without really heating the handguards up.

Another gorgeous range day. I hope everyone was out.

Checking out the zero on my 10/22's, both suppressed and "boring."

IMG-8392.JPG

I need to get something better than the stock trigger in there. Maybe the factory BX-Trigger module.

25 yards, suppressed, AE 45 gr suppressor ammo.

IMG-8385.JPG

Nothing to write home about, but not bad with off-the-shelf ammo through my Form 1 can. Best of all, no POI shift with the can. I felt myself mashing pretty hard on the trigger a few times. Sure is quiet, tho...

For me, it always seems to be a time and resource thing. Zero chance to go to any local club activities to join. I'm a loaner and mostly shot on public ranges in the woods for 20 years before moving to MA and dealing with the club funk , plus the driving, plus the time.

I joined a club in Maine and went Zero times in the year I had a membership. It's 45 minutes away.

Things should be different next year. Kids old enough to go with me. We will be near FLA for a few months after the Covid thing cools enough.

I already brought his great grandfather's bolt action .22lr rifle down there, and it'll be his first shoot this summer.

Even with prices, I'd there was a range 30 minutes away that I could use, I'd blow a few hundred .22Lr And 50 .38sp or 9mm this weekend. There isn't. At least not that I can afford the time to enjoy.

have enough .223 /5.56 to do more than sight in some glass. Without a good range, little desire.

For a bolt action, I use a Ruger 77/22 with a tac sol barrel in a boyd AT-One stock with a 6-20x scope and a Nordic .22 upper on a Firebird lower with JP trigger with a 1-4x. The JP trigger was key to getting it to run 100% on standard velocity ammo.
I have no issue with a 9x11" plate at 300, but shooting a 4" plate is a struggle, especially with the ammo I'm using. Picked up some Lapua Center X to see it that will help. Planning on picking up either a CZ 457, Tikka 1x or Bergara next

nordic-L.jpg

tac%20sol%207722-L.jpg
I ordered the Boyds At-One Thumbhole for my P.C.-T/CR22. I am so looking forward to it.

Was going every weekend for a few months prior to Covid. Been going for the last 2 weekends. Was shooting steel in the torrential downpour last weekend...was absolutely fantastic.

I'll still shoot but try to use the ammo for more serious training, not plinking. Took a 16 hour defensive rifle course last weekend, good for 600 rounds of 5.56. The issue right now isn't scarcity. You can get ammo, it's just expensive now (and apparently the prices are here to stay so I'm not waiting for a drop).

I'll still shoot but try to use the ammo for more serious training, not plinking. Took a 16 hour defensive rifle course last weekend, good for 600 rounds of 5.56. The issue right now isn't scarcity. You can get ammo, it's just expensive now (and apparently the prices are here to stay so I'm not waiting for a drop).

I've been trying to do the same; no plinking, more "serious" training, but doing it myself (the best I can do). I've been lucky to have access to a range with a reactive and steel plate set up (7 or 8 AR500 plates of various sizes) across the the entire backstop at 100 yards. Really helps with doing individual drills since I get immediate feedback on hits.

Also I just bought 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold for $.35 a round. Not bad considering.

I've been trying to do the same; no plinking, more "serious" training, but doing it myself (the best I can do). I've been lucky to have access to a range with a reactive and steel plate set up (7 or 8 AR500 plates of various sizes) across the the entire backstop at 100 yards. Really helps with doing individual drills since I get immediate feedback on hits.

Also I just bought 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold for $.35 a round. Not bad considering.

Nice. Reactive targets are definitely helpful for solo training in particular.

Where'd you find the ammo? Is it 5.56 or .223? I only buy 5.56 to get full velocity, even though .223 is sometimes a little cheaper.

Nice. Reactive targets are definitely helpful for solo training in particular.

Where'd you find the ammo? Is it 5.56 or .223? I only buy 5.56 to get full velocity, even though .223 is sometimes a little cheaper.

ARFCOM. On 2nd looking, it wasn't the best deal, but I like WG .223. I believe it's Taiwanese loaded to XM193 556 spec.

Another great day of shooting, keeping the "RONA BLUES" at bay. My daughter's home for a few weeks (thank God for "work from internet connection/home"), and wanted to have some friends (MA lawyers, no less) up for a range day.

We started with a little WWII action.

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

This woman picked up the 03A3, went 3/5 on the 100 yd gong on the first clip, and then 5/5 on the second.

IMG_8667.JPG

IMG_8666.JPG

M1 Garand weighs more than she does...

IMG_8665.JPG

Then some more modern weapons

IMG_8672.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

And then we finished off the day with 9mm ARs on the falling plates

It's all about the attitude...

IMG_1705.JPEG

Weather was perfect, and we had the range pretty much to ourselves. I miss having her home...

Another great day of shooting, keeping the "RONA BLUES" at bay. My daughter's home for a few weeks (thank God for "work from internet connection/home"), and wanted to have some friends (MA lawyers, no less) up for a range day.

We started with a little WWII action.

View attachment 368880

View attachment 368881

This woman picked up the 03A3, went 3/5 on the 100 yd gong on the first clip, and then 5/5 on the second.

View attachment 368882

View attachment 368884

M1 Garand weighs more than she does...

View attachment 368883

Then some more modern weapons

View attachment 368888

View attachment 368889

And then we finished off the day with 9mm ARs on the falling plates

It's all about the attitude...

View attachment 368890

Weather was perfect, and we had the range pretty much to ourselves. I miss having her home...

Awesome

Back
Top Bottom