Why are there so many Glock Haters?

All the Glock bashing that goes on on here, I want some explanations. Ever since I was younger I wanted to get a Glock, so I did. A G27 was the first gun I ever bought and I have no compliance about it. Its easily maintained, easy to break down, very easy to customize and most of all reliable! Not to mention affordable.

Besides saying there ugly(personal opinion) and that they blow up, which I’ve never herd one person on NES say that there Glock exploded. What are you haters hating so much?

Name anything, and there are people that love and hate it.

Quoted for Truth.

I think part of it might also be that Glock has a lot of fanboys, as well as people who don't like them, so a lot of what you see is more than likely people just giving each other shit.

Name anything, and there are people that love and hate it.

Yup.

HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

The grip doesn't fit me right. The second knuckle of my third finger rubs against the bottom of the trigger guard. It's probably somethign I'm doing wrong, but it bothers me nonetheless. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably own 3 or 4 of them. So I may not want to own one, but I by no means hate them. Life is too short to hate any firearm.

The worst thing about Glocks is their owners. They get so butt hurt when you make fun of their gun. I guess it didn't make them as cool as the rap video made out, but at least you still have your video games

Last edited:
I don't hate Glocks, I just don't care for the extra long & creepy trigger pull.

Had a G-22 then had a chance to shoot a 1911.
That was enough to convert me right then & there.

Life is too short to hate any firearm.

Apparently you haven't met Jennings, Hi-Point, Para Ordnance...

I kid.

I had a G19 and besides the grip feeling strange to me, it was a great gun. A little too bulky for IWB carry for my liking but I'm sure I would've gotten used to it had I given it a chance. Traded it towards a Para LDA which was the biggest mistake I've ever made, firearms-wise.

I've got nothing against the guns themselves, but it amuses me how touchy some of their owners can be. Don't underestimate the fact that there are plenty of Glock owners/fanboys who are downright amusing to watch after you poke fun at their little plastic guns ...

I've got nothing against the guns themselves, but it amuses me how touchy some of their owners can be. Don't underestimate the fact that there are plenty of Glock owners/fanboys who are downright amusing to watch after you poke fun at their little plastic guns ...

Hey! It's a high-tech polymer, okay?!

What people give each other shit, not on this NES![laugh] Ya I guess that probably has alot to do with it. I haven't got to shoot to many 1911's but they better be better for an extra 600-1000 bucks. As the the extra long trigger pull, ya its a down side to a double action only gun, but can be improved apon with some after market goodies. Ya and maybe rap music made them sound a little cooler when I was younger or mayber I just have'nt shot enough different guns. But all I know is I want a G20 like you read about, slap a extended barrel on it with some ghost ring sights and cap some deer. (God Dam rap music)[rofl]

Still going and going and going and going....................

The grip doesn't fit me right. The second knuckle of my third finger rubs against the bottom of the trigger guard. It's probably something I'm doing wrong, but it bothers me nonetheless. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably own 3 or 4 of them.

I had that problem with my G-21. A sanding drum on the Dremel fixed it right up. I simply thinned the trigger guard at the rear. It now sits better in my hand and no more callous on the middle finger. I now DO own 3 or four of them. I shoot my G-21 and G-17 in competition often so they get a lot of use.

Glocks are the energizer bunnies of the gun world. [smile]

I don't actually hate Glocks, I've only shot one and thought it wasn't bad, I might get one at one point (or take a free test sample from Glock *HINT HINT Glock*), but I can't help myself with all the Glock humor.

There are way to many fan boys out there that get their panties in a bunch when you rag on Glocks, so for me it's only for personal amusement. [wink]

Glock-Grenade-Launcher-AR-15-M-16.jpg

Some people are just uniformed or don't know better. Or some don't like them just because there are small groups of people that use them and think they are like gangstas and know everything.

Legitimate things I can think of is the grip angle compared to most other guns like 1911s. I think the kaboom issue was mostly due to earlier loose chambers on some of the .40s. "Loose" chambers are better for reliable feeding... but they went too far on the .40 IMO. Current chambers seem to be much tighter and still provide good, reliable feeding.

Among the things that I don't like about Glocks are 1) grip angle, 2) grip circumference is just a bit too big, 3) stock sights are abysmal (though easily replaced), but most importantly, 4) I just don't like the plasticky, creepy, nasty trigger feel.

I don't hate Glocks. I own two (sold the third). It's the Glock fan-boys that I hate, particularly when they start claiming that Glocks are perfect and never malfunction (I've had failures to feed and misfires in two of my three Glocks).

HK fans are worse then glock owners because they over paid for their gun.
Ugh, HK fan boys parroting the "No Compromises!" tag line. Almost as bad as the "Glock Perfection" idiots. All mechanical devices are, by their very nature, a compromise and nothing made by man is perfect.

Consistency man. I beat you in total time. [grin] I think my low was 4.29, I think the huge targets made me shoot like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom