Why are there so many Glock Haters?

Soldier-Glock-Grenade-730x1024.jpg
I hope that wasn't in MA, he just broke a storage law... [wink]

you Glock apologist are as bad as Apple/Ford/Chevy/Harley/Corvette/Honda/Toyta/Jeep/etc... apologist. face it if it is mechanical it will break

you Glock apologist are as bad as Apple/Ford/Chevy/Harley/Corvette/Honda/Toyta/Jeep/etc... apologist. face it if it is mechanical it will break

I`agree but one thing glock has on other guns they do not rust, I seen rusted m&p(real bad).Stainless slides on sigs not to mention the older guns they would rust in a hour, the early XD' rusted, just to name a few

And now, A passage from the bible, book of John

JMB: verses 1-4

1: Thy hand gun must be of such weight that the limp wristed may not partake, lest they shootest themselves in the unwashed foot
2: The true 1911 shall be of such great cost, the HUD-led masses cannot afford to even look at one.
3: Such shine shall there be from the polish of blued steel that the undeserving Glock owner in the next bay may miss intended target.
4: Once you have owned a 1911 and found salvation, thee shall not want for the crudeness and reliability of any lesser firearm

Today's sermon brought to you by Brother Keri
Glockaholics anonymous meeting are held in the church basement/firing range Thursday and Friday evenings. Coffee and cigarretts optional.

And now, A passage from the bible, book of John

JMB: verses 1-4

1: Thy hand gun must be of such weight that the limp wristed may not partake, lest they shootest themselves in the unwashed foot
2: The true 1911 shall be of such great cost, the HUD-led masses cannot afford to even look at one.
3: Such shine shall there be from the polish of blued steel that the undeserving Glock owner in the next bay may miss intended target.
4: Once you have owned a 1911 and found salvation, thee shall not want for the crudeness and reliability of any lesser firearm

Today's sermon brought to you by Brother Keri
Glockaholics anonymous meeting are held in the church basement/firing range Thursday and Friday evenings. Coffee and cigarretts optional.
[laugh]

But seriously, if your argument about a gun's superiority relies on anything other than your ability to shoot it, the amount of ammo you can carry and put on target then it is a fashion contest not a firearms contest... JMB might be a saint, but as a prophet he is false... [laugh]

1st commandment to the Glock lovers...
Verily, there shall be some, clinging to their old metallic firearms, or their Croatian imitators with the inferior grip angle, who shall dispute the natural superiority of thy Glock. Get thee, then, to the range with them, and strive then to show them, through competition, the error of their ways. And do not hesitate to wager with them, yea, even let thou wager all thy worldy goods, for assuredly, the superiority of the Glock shall give you the mastery, even over those whose skill is far superior to thine own.

2nd commandment to the Glock lovers...
When the disciples of the great deceiver challenge ye to a rematch, offering perhaps to trade firearms, you shall most assuredly accept, for the secret powers of the Glock do not avail the unbelievers.

3rd commandment to the Glock lovers...
When you accept the rematch, remember ye that other firearms, being less perfect than the Glock, may come with many extra controls and other contrivances that will impede your use of their pistols. Do not be deceived by these assorted complications, and ensure ye correctly that the firearm be in good working order, well charged with ammunition, and freed from all mechanical contrivances designed to hinder it's simple purpose of firing the round, before ye attempt to demonstrate thy superior ways.

If thou perform all these things well thy success shall be assured. But if, in thy weakness, thou fail in thy travails, then thou may learn the great truth: the gun matters not, nor the cartridge, unless the shooter shall do his part.

If thou perform all these things well thy success shall be assured. But if, in thy weakness, thou fail in thy travails, then thou may learn the great truth: the gun matters not, nor the cartridge, unless the shooter shall do his part.

Ahhahahahahahhh-Mennnnn

3rd commandment to the Glock lovers...
When you accept the rematch, remember ye that other firearms, being less perfect than the Glock, may come with many extra controls and other contrivances that will impede your use of their pistols. Do not be deceived by these assorted complications, and ensure ye correctly that the firearm be in good working order, well charged with ammunition, and freed from all mechanical contrivances designed to hinder it's simple purpose of firing the round, before ye attempt to demonstrate thy superior ways.

This is an interesting point. I shoot a striker-fired gun in competition, and as a consequence sometimes forget to disengage my 1911s safeties if I don't have a secure firing grip.

That said, I've only ever seen the dreaded "magazine pops out" failure with Glocks due to the over-sized magazine release. So just having a small number of controls isn't enough, it's having the right controls.

This is an interesting point. I shoot a striker-fired gun in competition, and as a consequence sometimes forget to disengage my 1911s safeties if I don't have a secure firing grip.

That said, I've only ever seen the dreaded "magazine pops out" failure with Glocks due to the over-sized magazine release. So just having a small number of controls isn't enough, it's having the right controls.

Knowing how to use them instinctively counts for something too.

umbrages

I know that the glocks do have some redeeming qualities and that their owners usually have more sense than they are given credit for.

The smart and whitty verbal barrages are the reason for the argument not the hardware itself, tit for tat is so much fun... and that my friends is why we don't play Hate the Sigma!

I challange anybody's 1911, sig, xd m&P against my g19 for a round for round test we will shoot till one of the gun jams. we can even have people take bets on it

That sounds like a real expensive sword fight!

but if this debate can hold of till Nov I'll have a brandy spankin new 9mm 1911 to start torture testing.

Cue the .45/9mm debate
in 5, 4, 3,,,,,

Last edited:
Winner gets all the ammo paid for by the loser? problem with these types of test is ammo can play a major factor in failures
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEl6gXZk5I
If I am correct that is a Glock 17, and IIRC Guns and ammo did a 20,000 round torture test on a XD9 without a failure and there are numerous stories of people with thousands of rounds without a failure. Does this make the XD superior to the Glock? No, G&A did a test on an M&P where they dumped a 1/4 cup of power on it and was able to get it to fail, does that make it worse than the Glock? No. You could shoot 100,000 rounds through your Glock and never have a failure, but give it to someone that limp wrist it and see multiple failures in one magazine does that mean the Glock sucks? No.

I don't want all you "Glock is perfection" guys to get all butt hurt but Glocks are not for everyone, grip angle, trigger pull, and lest we not for get the original glock .40 kabooms have turned many people away. If I can't hit with a weapon it doesn't do me any good no matter how many rounds come out of it. it is a lot easier to hit well with a weapon you feel comfortable with than one you don't.

Notice I didn't mention the JMB or Sig, those guys can be even worse than Glock people when it comes to singing the praises of their respective firearms. Now Lorcin on the other hand...

Last edited:
Yes i agree glock are not for everybody being I got rid of my g21 for a XD45 but what burns my ass is people saying the the m&p is better thats gun sucks terrible trigger,even with a trigger job it still feels like pulling a rubber band, they rust,they jam they are toilets,

Their reliability is great and all, and I've seen Glocks survive hilarious tests, but I've also attended an IDPA match before. With dirt in magazines, with bent feed lips, with broken springs, with ammo issues, and with user error, I've seen my fair share of stoppages through Glocks. And almost everything else. Going round for round against another well-built gun is a game of chance.

Yes i agree glock are not for everybody being I got rid of my g21 for a XD45 but what burns my ass is people saying the the m&p is better thats gun sucks terrible trigger,even with a trigger job it still feels like pulling a rubber band, they rust,they jam they are toilets,

I don't have a dog in this fight...I'm not a Glock fan (I've had two, sold both) and I'm not a fan of the M&P either (it's just not comfortable in my hand) BUT I had to say that if there was a point to the above post, I lost in the grammer and puncutation.

"they are toilets" is a very intelligent description....I guess

I challange anybody's 1911, sig, xd m&P against my g19 for a round for round test we will shoot till one of the gun jams. we can even have people take bets on it

I'll bring my Sig P228. As long as I'm allowed to run my own reloads, the probability is that we'll both run out of ammo long before anything "interesting" happens. It would be a very "boring" (and expensive) test.

I normally carry a G19. I know how reliable it is... but up against any other decent duty-type handgun in the same caliber, in serviceable condition, it's probably not going to yield results in terms of reliability that are that much different. There are a lot of 9mm semiautomatic handguns that you can run cases and cases of ammo through without a stoppage.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom