• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why do LEO's get to buy almost any gun they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

expedition03

NES Member
I saw an ad that a dealer us taking preorders for the new firearm shipping next week but joe citizen can't buy them directly from a mass FFL. It bothers me that LEO's, etc can buy for their owner purchase from a FFL and not pay the Massachusetts premium for that brand of gun. It makes me boil. [angry]

Last edited:
idk about MA but in ri with s&W, glock and a few others professional fire fighters get the price break too, not that it makes you feel any better though lol

well in RI you can lol just if your a leo or a fire fighter you can get them cheaper, a coworker just picked up glock 17 gen4 for brand new for 425 better then the normal 550 in ri.... Ill sit back now and try not to take offense to all the angry comments from the MA guys that are about to come lol

I am applauded

6a00d834ff890853ef00e554f9e31e8834-pi

well in RI you can lol just if your a leo or a fire fighter you can get them cheaper, a coworker just picked up glock 17 gen4 for brand new for 425 better then the normal 550 in ri.... Ill sit back now and try not to take offense to all the angry comments from the MA guys that are about to come lol

Why...it ain't your fault....just don't rub salt in the wound [laugh]

I don't see this thread lasting much longer!

I figure if I get shot by a cop using a gun not safe by the Attorney Generals standards I could probably get a good lawyer and sue the shit out of this screwball state.

The Attorney General says they are not safe for the public even though we have to take a safety course before being licensed.

After all we know how dangerous Glocks are with thier trigger thingy safety and high capacity clips.[wink]

Because gun stores sell 'em whatever they want.

I believe they're only supposed to be able to buy off-list handguns for official duty use, aka with the blessing of the chief. Could be wrong though.

I look at it this way, with them limiting some of the brands & models cause I would get hurt with them, and making sure I have to pay a premium price to keep my purchases to a minimum ~ It saves me money cause I would want them all.

Thanks Messachusetts for making sure my bank account stays in the Black, I don't know what I would do without you politicians taking care of me​

Tim ~ [rolleyes]

Exactly what I'm talking about. I don't have any issues with that or LEO's at all. Upside down bs crap from the state.

I believe they're only supposed to be able to buy off-list handguns for official duty use, aka with the blessing of the chief. Could be wrong though.

Simple- We the people, elected officials (mainly lawyers) who see fit to ignore our fundamental laws & rights- making us subjects. THEN we subjects (who were once people) continue to elect those who tread on us. Next step will be to do away with elections...

OH it pisses me off too... $800+ for glocks is criminal.

I saw an ad that a dealer us taking preorders for the new firearm shipping next week but joe citizen can't buy them directly from a mass FFL. I am applauded that LEO's, etc can buy for their owner purchase from a FFL and not pay the Massachusetts premium for that brand of gun. It makes me boil. [angry]

I saw an ad that a dealer us taking preorders for the new firearm shipping next week but joe citizen can't buy them directly from a mass FFL. It bothers me that LEO's, etc can buy for their owner purchase from a FFL and not pay the Massachusetts premium for that brand of gun. It makes me boil. [angry]

The depressing answer is that this is what the pandering legislators and attorney general's office flunkies know they can get away with, and nobody has proved them wrong so far.

Because gun stores sell 'em whatever they want.

This is how it is. Off list guns (Glocks, etc) are only supposed to be for official use. Once you have a letter from your chief, the gun store is covered though and they will sell you whatever you want pretty much. Depends on the wording of the letter from the chief I think.

Don't get pissed at the cops that take advantage of the situation. if it were not for them selling 4 Glocks a year at inflated prices, there would be almost none out there for you to buy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom