• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why Gabby Giffords Is Starting a Gun Control Group for Gun Owners

MaverickNH

NES Member
Why Gabby Giffords Is Starting a Gun Control Group for Gun Owners

“On Thursday, two days before the 20th anniversary of the mass shooting at Columbine High School, former Representative Gabrielle Giffords went to Minnesota to announce the creation of a gun safety advocacy group. The group’s agenda is predictable: It will lobby for universal background checks and an extreme risk protection law, which would allow the temporary confiscation of guns from people believed to pose an imminent threat to themselves or others. Its composition is not: The members are all gun owners.”

Yeah - it’s a webpage... Minnesota Gun Owners for Safety They couldn’t afford a domain name. You can Donate, Shop, ...

she is trying to get us to eat our own. If she can get actual gun owners on her side then the rest of us we will lose. She will obviously only get the trap and skeet guys or the strick bolt action hunters....they are not pro 2A and they are not "gun" people. They just like to think they are.

They're the ones who say "I own guns but civilians shouldn't own an AR".

Just more demorats.

Look at the new generation of activists who rose up after Parkland. They pointed out the failures of politicians to keep them safe, and we turned the 2018 election into a rallying cry for gun safety.

Let's ignore the total failure of Sheriff Israel and of the school. Let's ignore the multiple visits by the police to the shooter's home beforehand. Let's ignore the calls to the FBI beforehand.
No - let's just pass more laws.

f*** you.

John Rosenthal already did years ago this to credential the Fudds from central casting behind him at a few propaganda outing. The Liberal Gun Club also legitimately exists without being an astro-turf organization with deliberate ulterior motives.

Just goes to show you that Bloomberg & company can't be honest. They have to keep repackaged and obfuscating their bigotry to spin it to the public. Hard to sell that only billionaires and rapey drunken inbred blue blood political dynasties should have access to firearms and not the unworthy, unwashed & ungrateful peasantry.

I don't care. I don't own any Ar/AKs anyway, and I don't think civilians need them in the first place. If you want to defend yourself, a 5 round snub nose is all you need, and for home protection, a shotgun is just fine. I load mine with birdshot to avoid over penetration. All these semi automatic guns are weapons of war and have no place in a civized society, except in the hands of trained soldiers and peace officers.

John Rosenthal already did years ago this to credential the Fudds from central casting behind him at a few propaganda outing. The Liberal Gun Club also legitimately exists without being an astro-turf organization with deliberate ulterior motives.

Just goes to show you that Bloomberg & company can't be honest. They have to keep repackaged and obfuscating their bigotry to spin it to the public. Hard to sell that only billionaires and rapey drunken inbred blue blood political dynasties should have access to firearms and not the unworthy, unwashed & ungrateful peasantry.

I remember the group Rosenthal co-founded... American Hunters and Shooters Association.

Rosenthal was asked to resign/ousted because he was to extreme even for them.

I don't care. I don't own any Ar/AKs anyway, and I don't think civilians need them in the first place. If you want to defend yourself, a 5 round snub nose is all you need, and for home protection, a shotgun is just fine. I load mine with birdshot to avoid over penetration. All these semi automatic guns are weapons of war and have no place in a civized society, except in the hands of trained soldiers and peace officers.

Get a grip man! Obvious sarcasm.....We hope.

I don't get Gun Control, at all. What are they trying to prevent (in order of prevalance)?

Suicide by firearm? Tragic, but so are non-firearm suicides, drug overdoses, and myriad other deaths caused by mental health issues.
Gang violence? Those guns are already stolen/illegal and ERPO and UBC not going to get them off the street.
Domestic violence? Get a warrant, indict, try, and convict. Until then, a person is innocent and has full Rights
Accidents? So many other ways that stupid people can get themselves or their families killed being negligent/irresponsible. But there are laws that make gross negligence a criminal culpability.
Soft-target/GFZ mass shootings? Not to mention the infrequency of these kinds of gun-related deaths, they would stop happening if the nuts that did them, even in their irrational state, realized that they couldn't get passed the front door.

On the latter point, the claim then is that in a modern society, we shouldn't have to fear for our lives in that way. This is an irrational argument, because you can either have Freedom, or Security, but not both (unless, you provide for your own Security by exercising your Freedom). The enjoyment of all the Freedoms that modern liberal democracy affords it's citizens requires that some exposure to the Risk that someone will abuse their Freedom and use it to harm others.

I guess I missed the part where they take a balanced approach by advocating reciprocity and 50 state "shall issue".

Looks like she never recovered from that shot to noggin. Jack.

She is an unfortunate money making tool that her unemployed douche nozzle of a husband props up next to himself when in front of cameras.

LycKq4S.jpg

And he now hopes to ride her misfortune into a 2020 US senate seat for Arizona.

Giffords Gun Control Org Co-Founder Mark Kelly Running for US Senate - The Truth About Guns

Whenever you see either of them mentioned in any context on social media send them this reminder...

3ICWHuS.jpg

Story behind the photo...
Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak | Breitbart

:emoji_tiger:

I feel like there is the opportunity to play this off against the subject of this thread:

54% of Gen Z say Owning a Gun is Immoral

So we could start telling the "it's immoral" people, "well, Gabby Giffords says its fine."

Of course, I am mostly joking, since I am not too interested in having discussions with any of the involved parties. But it is sometimes useful to have a response which goes right to the heart of in inconsistency in the opposing argument.

She is an unfortunate money making tool that her unemployed douche nozzle of a husband props up next to himself when in front of cameras.

LycKq4S.jpg

And he now hopes to ride her misfortune into a 2020 US senate seat for Arizona.

Giffords Gun Control Org Co-Founder Mark Kelly Running for US Senate - The Truth About Guns

Whenever you see either of them mentioned in any context on social media send them this reminder...

3ICWHuS.jpg

Story behind the photo...
Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak | Breitbart

:emoji_tiger:
Exactly.
She's not promoting anything but coloring books .
Her dirtbag husband is the one profiteering from all this.

Sheesh, we all know deep down in our little retarded hearts the real reason the 2nd Amendment was written.
It was so we could hunt the little white bunnies with our muskets.

It was only intended that we were allowed to own them solely for the purpose of feeding our families.

But not before we pay a fee and jump through a years worth of bull cocky to exercise that right.
I mean isn't that almost like, kinda, sorta like, therefore and such as the meaning of "shall not be infringed".

And if you have ever committed something deemed a felony in our times.
No hunting with a musket for you. Your family better be good fishermen!
Or you all starve to death...

Now that we have chocolate bunnies and a Stop & Shop store on every corner.
The 2nd Amendment is outdated and should be abolished from our constitution.

Also if your rich or a politician or politically connected then those rules don't apply.
Because your better than the rest of us![rofl]

We fought the British all because of our bunny hunting rights!
[iwojima]

PS. Don't even get me started on those dam yellow Peeps! MMM..Delish!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom