Why Im considering no longer carrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. I'm checking my list of folks I'd welcome into my compound if SHTF or I ever got enough money to start my own township. It's not a long list.

It's also a list of the people who I hope are in the parking lot if I ever get into a jam.

Good old Teddy said it best

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing,
and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

What about assault on the English language? Does one have a duty to run spell check? [smile]
There should be no correlation between spelling and the RTKBA, but we're not helping ourselves in the court of public opinion.,,,[rolleyes]

Harry Temple: All right, pop quiz. Airport, gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away... Jack?
Jack: Shoot the hostage.

who's the "victim"???? the guy loosing????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-4pxSJiYg

i like this one.... [smile]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOyEyBdfgac

i know we are all high speed low drag operators, so in essence, we would trust our "gut instincts

i like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjGOgfzI4s

Last edited by a moderator:
gorilla_beating_chest.gif

By the way , I was there. I saw it from a different angle , because I was close enough to hear what was said :

Man: I don't feel well.
Woman : I drugged your drink. I am taking your kidney , and then burning down your house.
man : ( " assault" of unknown nature).

Internet chorus : You are a pussy if you disagree with me.

Freddy Cruger with an axe ? Yeah , I'd shoot the f***er.
Normal Human couple i watched all night , actually know what the hell is going on ? Informed decision time.
Random weirdness on the street described in vague terms on the internet ? ... Pancake bunny.

The five thing to remember how to deal with a bad incounter is1 presence,2 voice "hi whats up,3 Defence,4 offence and 5 deadly force. Rules I was taught and live by.

The five thing to remember how to deal with a bad incounter is1 presence,2 voice "hi whats up,3 Defence,4 offence and 5 deadly force. Rules I was taught and live by.

Great rules. Unfortunately, many here seem to go right to step 6: hide in the car and hope nobody sees you.

Too f@cking funny...LOL

By the way , I was there. I saw it from a different angle , because I was close enough to hear what was said :

Man: I don't feel well.
Woman : I drugged your drink. I am taking your kidney , and then burning down your house.
man : ( " assault" of unknown nature).

Internet chorus : You are a pussy if you disagree with me.

+2 LOL...

Great rules. Unfortunately, many here seem to go right to step 6: hide in the car and hope nobody sees you.

What, we're supposed to hide in the car now? I've just been quivering where I stood while wearing my wool suit. C'mon, send a memo the next time you change the rules. [wink]

i wouldn't quit carrying. you could not clearly see what was going on, did she have a kniife, did he have a gun.

Remember one thing, your carrying for self defense of You, your not an LEO and not trained to handle thise
situations.

Unless they shoot at you, dial 911.

A few weeks ago I went out to dinner with some friends for a B-day party dinner. While walking to my Car I saw a couple argueing and then the man assult the Woman. I was carrying!! haveing a small Daughter of my own it hit a nerve big time. I wanted SOOO bad to intervien. However, haveing a Firearm on me made me second guess. What if my Gun is exposed? What if he has a weapon and I have to draw???...(this is Mass, had to think of my family) I knew of a LEO working a detail about a block and a half away so I quickly made it to him and informed him.

If not carrying I would have beat him to a pulp. But all I could think of was, if police arive I will be the bad guy because I am carrying Legally..Nothing against Woman ,but i've worked in a sector of law where I know more times then not if the shit hit the fan the Girl will take the side of her boyfriend. Any self respecting LEO would have sent me on my way if not armed and I interviened, but my Firearm made me walk away. its still eating at me[crying]

Feel free to stop carrying if not being able to beat people up is causing you concern. This whole thread is inane.

Sorry if some of you think this is selfish, but I would never pull my firearm in defense of a stranger. Its just not worth it to me. If i lived in a normal state, maybe. Not in this F'd up state.

I hope MassMark is in the parking lot if my wife is getting assaulted, not a sheeple.

not having been in that situation, i'm not willing to make a definitive 'well i would have' statement.

I'm still shocked people will admit that they value a piece of paper over someone's safety.

This thread is a mess though. There is a big gray zone in these types of situations. Shouting/shoving match etc. I'd keep an eye out but mind my own. Once it becomes a real problem, I'd hope most would do something.

Sorry if some of you think this is selfish, but I would never pull my firearm in defense of a stranger. Its just not worth it to me. If i lived in a normal state, maybe. Not in this F'd up state.

I don't think anyones implying run over with your Johnson out, just help. It may be a simple yelling at the guy to act like a man.

Wow.... First of all there are about a dozen less aggressive steps that you could take to diffuse a hypothetical situation like the one in the OP. Just your presence alone could de-escalate things enough to calm everyone down. "Pulling your firearm" is pretty much the last resort. (Well, next to last anyway.)

Second - really? If you saw someone being beaten (it's not clear that's what was actually happening in this particular case, but hypothetically) you wouldn't do something? Maybe I'm naive but I just can't believe that. I have to believe that your conscious would kick in to over-ride your apathy and you'd do the right thing.

I'm still shocked people will admit that they value a piece of paper over someone's safety.
I value my own safety over that of someone who is too foolish enough to carry the means to ensure their own safety.

1) Just because I'm "the good guy" coming to rescue the damsel in distress, doesn't mean that I will prevail. In Hollywood, the good guy always wins. In the real world? Not so much.

2) I wasn't big and strong and fast when I was young. I'll turn 50 this summer. I may be getting bigger, but that's mostly around the waist, and I'm certainly not stronger and faster.

Boy, I love the smell of internet chest beating in the evening.

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

Exactly! [rofl][rofl2]

I value my own safety over that of someone who is too foolish enough to carry the means to ensure their own safety.

1) Just because I'm "the good guy" coming to rescue the damsel in distress, doesn't mean that I will prevail. In Hollywood, the good guy always wins. In the real world? Not so much.

2) I wasn't big and strong and fast when I was young. I'll turn 50 this summer. I may be getting bigger, but that's mostly around the waist, and I'm certainly not stronger and faster.

Boy, I love the smell of internet chest beating in the evening.

Smells like... BS [laugh]

the guy with the badge you're calling is a normal everyday person just like you. they're equally capable of f***ing up. they're just as emotional. they're also carrying a gun. they're not going to do any better or any worse than you are at calming these people down. it takes maybe 15 minutes of searching online to find all the material you need to learn a thing or two about conflict resolution that you can apply right then and there.
Oh, I see. The cops who went through the academy and have been to 100 domestic incidents just don't know how it should be done. 30 minutes on the internet makes you the expert, and you can do it better than they can. Right.

Jahsus!

Oh, I see. The cops who went through the academy and have been to 100 domestic incidents just don't know how it should be done. 30 minutes on the internet makes you the expert, and you can do it better than they can. Right.

Jahsus!

Yeah. You sit there and watch. Maybe take cell phone pictures like someone else suggested. Her family will be happy you did at the murder trial.

When the hell did so many men get neutered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom