• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why Im considering no longer carrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not chest beating. It's called humanity and a sense of responsibility.

Some of us have a conscience, and can't cowardly walk by to preserve our own safety while others are victimized.
I understand my limitations. I'm not a big tough guy. I wasn't a big tough guy when I was young. I'm less of a big tough guy at 50. And my primary sense of humanity and responsibility is toward my wife, who I can't provide for and protect if I get beat to death in a gutter.

I'm not saying that I would never intervene. I am saying that getting involved physically would not be my default response, particularly in the Boston area where I could likely get a cop (or several) there in just a couple minutes.

I have seen domestics, specifically the lamp throwing invitational at Arizona Terrace in Arlington, back around 1991. I called the police, they arrived within minutes, and the champion lamp thrower was given the silver bracelet award, with a lot less drama and violence than if I'd imposed myself into the situation.

Yeah. You sit there and watch. Maybe take cell phone pictures like someone else suggested. Her family will be happy you did at the murder trial.

When the hell did so many men get neutered?
Can you read?

He claimed that by reading conflict resolution websites, that you could step into a domestic and calm it down better than cops who have been doing that weekly since they got out of the academy. His post wasn't about someone getting murdered. Nor was mine.

But keep up with the strawman arguments. I guess they keep you warm at night.

Can you read?

He claimed that by reading conflict resolution websites, that you could step into a domestic and calm it down better than cops who have been doing that weekly since they got out of the academy. His post wasn't about someone getting murdered. Nor was mine.

But keep up with the strawman arguments. I guess they keep you warm at night.

Keep up with the excuses. I guess they keep you from feeling like a self-centered coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom