• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why were Canadian police officers checking out the Great Falls Gun Show last weekend?

Or the overseas branches of the CIA with their secret prisons, along with the FBI and Secret Service overseas offices. Last but not least, DEA operatives in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
Everything you listed has legitimate reasons for operating overseas. Hell, the CIA should only be operating outside of the US.

Gun shows down here in NC. Keep in mind everyone who buys something legally considered a fire arm goes through the appropriate background checks at the show! ..

Its in an old mall that the county brought and turned it into a convention center. Inside of the old JC Penney 🤣. Two sheriff's deputies sit out side in simple uniform making sure you don't have a loaded rifle or something stupid in your hand and you pay your $5 and your off.

Of course the prices for most things are stupid... I can imagine our 2nd A pro sheriff trespassing the Canucks if they ever came to North Carolina.

Everything you listed has legitimate reasons for operating overseas. Hell, the CIA should only be operating outside of the US.
Well, if they get caught, they can legally be tried by foreign governments and executed as spies or foreign combatants (mercenaries). Maybe even get taken to some remote desert area, shot dead, and left for coyotes to clean up the remains. Play with fire, get burned.

If I was the deputy on a call like that, I just might have seen fit to detain those “officers” in handcuffs in the back of my cruiser while I confirmed their identity and investigated the situation. And that just might take a hour or so.

Edited to add: and then I would have had a very long conversation with them about how my badge is better than there badge. And I would have followed them to the edge of my jurisdiction to make sure they followed every traffic law to the letter. One mph over? Light ‘‘em up.

Last edited:
Never. Most Canadians I know are actually happy with the way the country is run.

That includes a two tier health care system. One for the peons and one for .gov employees. The peon one is Medicare without a supplemental insurance plan. The .gov on is a top level Blue Cross plan.

If they put up with that, the rest should be no surprise.

When does their revolution start? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
If I was the deputy on a call like that, I just might have seen fit to detain those “officers” in handcuffs in the back of my cruiser while I confirmed their identity and investigated the situation. And that just might take a hour or so.

Edited to add: and then I would have had a very long conversation with them about how my badge is better than there badge. And I would have followed them to the edge of my jurisdiction to make sure they followed every traffic law to the letter. One mph over? Light ‘‘em up.
You might not have to go that far. After being "made", I would loudly announce their presence within the gun show forum, explain what they were doing, and let the events that would naturally follow happen, including beatdowns by local Bubbas. At that point, time to hit the local coffee joint. Didn't see a thing, right?

Never. Most Canadians I know are actually happy with the way the country is run.

That includes a two tier health care system. One for the peons and one for .gov employees. The peon one is Medicare without a supplemental insurance plan. The .gov on is a top level Blue Cross plan.

If they put up with that, the rest should be no surprise.
All the Canadians I know who live in Canada now or recently did think Canada can't do any wrong.

Back
Top Bottom