• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wide Open Trigger: Hard Reset Triggers....

Thirwell1216

NES Member
A guy at the range had one and I thought it was an MG when he let out a 3 round burst. We started talking and he explained it was “just a new trigger”.

A guy at the range had one and I thought it was an MG when he let out a 3 round burst. We started talking and he explained it was “just a new trigger”.
the lack of switch to single fire is a major setback. they do not do custom safeties for those gizmos because it would violate the laws even more?
just looks like it would be way more usable if a custom safety would allow to switch from full auto to singles there.

The WOT????

I will admit - for .223 this seems colossally stupid. I mean, maybe for an afternoon goof-around.

But drop it into a 9mm AR??? That would prove a ton more fun at a lot less prices. It would make me wish I never sold my reloading equipment. (With supplies, I think I was reloading 9's for 4c each. Maybe 5. Definitely not 6. LOL)

Oh, of course not in mASS. Getting a hicap 9mm mag would be a PITA here.

the lack of switch to single fire is a major setback.
THIS. No select-fire, like the binary triggers. I can't keep dumping $100 every 2 seconds.

There's also another reset trigger that just came out (forgot the name), that works independent of the BCG. Supposedly works silky smoother.

Guess there are a number of these forced reset triggers comming to market. Lets see how the case with Rare Breed shakes out.

Another brand of forced reset trigger: GRAVES V2-ART

that is considered really bad form at the range!
o_O

that is considered really bad form at the range!
o_O
Depends on the range. If NFA are allowed, then it shouldn't be a problem. As long as the shooter is not acting like an idiot. I usually get questions like is that full auto. But, no problems. Shooting at NFA friendly places for the win. However, if you go to a place that is restrictive. Well, you might want to rethink that.

The Huges amendment is the reason shit like this exists. What the f*** did they expect?

Trying to pretend this isn't a machinegun is weasel wording.

Depends on the range. If NFA are allowed, then it shouldn't be a problem. As long as the shooter is not acting like an idiot. I usually get questions like is that full auto. But, no problems. Shooting at NFA friendly places for the win. However, if you go to a place that is restrictive. Well, you might want to rethink that.
maybe i misunderstood. i thought you meant he pulled the trigger once, and it fired 2 or 3 times out of control. like if you do a trigger job, but don't have a clue what u are doing

The Huges amendment is the reason shit like this exists. What the f*** did they expect?

Trying to pretend this isn't a machinegun is weasel wording.
The letter of the law says it is not. It is technically an assisted trigger. As opposed to the Echo trigger. Which I do have as well. Is a bumpstock a machine gun as well? By that logic. It is. Yet, if it wasn't for that asshat in Vegas. Giving them reason to ban it. It would still be around. But, again . That was just another democrat with a gun causing problems.

maybe i misunderstood. i thought you meant he pulled the trigger once, and it fired 2 or 3 times out of control. like if you do a trigger job, but don't have a clue what u are doing
You have to pull and hold the FRT type of trigger to make it work right. It bounces back on your finger and your pressure trips it again. You take a couple shots and you have the way to do it down. It doesn't go out of control.

You have to pull and hold the FRT type of trigger to make it work right. It bounces back on your finger and your pressure trips it again. You take a couple shots and you have the way to do it down. It doesn't go out of control.
as it was also shown in the video - it is practically nearly impossible to do single shots with frt type without jerking it real fast. so you will be doing doubles almost always with it.
and it is not that great, really. may be it makes some sense as a shtf feature to be stored in safe until the shtf, but, in most practical scenarios a skilled shooter can tap the trigger fast enough in semi-auto as well. an ability just to spray out bullets is quite overrated, really, for most scenarios where you actually do care what you intend to hit.

The letter of the law says it is not. It is technically an assisted trigger. As opposed to the Echo trigger. Which I do have as well. Is a bumpstock a machine gun as well? By that logic. It is. Yet, if it wasn't for that asshat in Vegas. Giving them reason to ban it. It would still be around. But, again . That was just another democrat with a gun causing problems.

Right. "by the letter of the law" But given that you have to work to make it fire a single shot, the magic is in the trigger/fire control, it's way, way more of a machine gun than a binary trigger or a bump stock, and to anyone who isn't parsing the law like a lawyer, it is, for all intents and purposes, a machinegun. I've fired a machine gun on full auto and managed to control my trigger finger to make it fire single shots; that doesn't make it "not a machine gun."

For most semi-autos, the skill is making it fire fast. For this, the skill is in making if fire slow. You'd never hand one to a 10 year old with a full mag, because the chances that it'll go (effectively) full auto are really high.

But none of that changes my primary statement: If it weren't fore the Huges amendment, none of this crap would exist. If we could still register actual machine guns under the NFA, we would; there'd be no market for bump stocks, binary triggers or any of the force reset triggers.

Right. "by the letter of the law" But given that you have to work to make it fire a single shot, the magic is in the trigger/fire control, it's way, way more of a machine gun than a binary trigger or a bump stock, and to anyone who isn't parsing the law like a lawyer, it is, for all intents and purposes, a machinegun. I've fired a machine gun on full auto and managed to control my trigger finger to make it fire single shots; that doesn't make it "not a machine gun."

We NES like the 'letter of the law' argument but anyone who gets near the legal system know that is just a place to start. Judges review many different factors to determine guilt and liability not just the language of the law.

And let's be realistic because as technology advances to make things like WOT available, the legislative branch will just generate new lawz to prohibit them. So we can get all wrapped around the wording of xyz regulation but sit tight it will change

Back
Top Bottom