Wife found a new love

Today was heartbreaking. Went to the range for our almost weekly date and decided to bring the old Colt M1911 to shoot.

Well, I did. Then the wife shot it, and wants one.

Also found out that owning a nice 1911 is like dating a low maintenance super model, everyone gets jealous and wishes they had one.

my wife shot my SP1 and really likes it. That's why I was able to get my M4.

ETA: You can never have too many 1911's.

Last edited:
That's a win-win if I ever heard of one. Now you get to spec out your dream IDPA/bullseye/super-tacticool/whatever 1911, and then give your wife your Colt. [grin]

owning a nice 1911 is like dating a low maintenance super model

Only difference being that 1911s actually exist [smile]

Oh, but a nice Colt 1911, nothing to ostentatious with well worn grips is like a favorite pair of blue jeans. Nothing, no mater how tacticool/IDPA etc is better than that when you get right down to it IMHO.

Reasonable people may disagree.

Super models are NOT low maintenance Skald....[grin]

I know, but if they were its the kind of jealousy.

As far as an IDPA/Race Gun will pass. Though the sites on the M1911 are the original blade type. When I come up to a shoot I will make sure to bring her up. She shoots better than the other guns that are 90 yrs younger than it is!

Oh, but a nice Colt 1911, nothing to ostentatious with well worn grips is like a favorite pair of blue jeans. Nothing, no mater how tacticool/IDPA etc is better than that when you get right down to it IMHO.

Sooooo true. Althought just recently I had Greg Derr cut in a dovetail front sight, crown the barrel and bevel the magwell on my series '70 Colt. For the longest time I resisted doing any permenant alterations to my beloved old Colt. Then one day I looked at all the blue wear, scratches and overall love marks on it and decided, what the hell? I'll never sell this gun, and I trust it more than any other, so why not make it a little more carry-friendly? The 3-dot white sights make a huge difference in aquisition, mags slide in much easier now, and the crowned barrel just looks sexy. [wink]

ETA: pics added:
IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

Last edited:

Grin, think I'm reasonable, and for sure do not disagree. [wink]

Today was heartbreaking. Went to the range for our almost weekly date and decided to bring the old Colt M1911 to shoot.

Also found out that owning a nice 1911 is like dating a low maintenance super model, everyone gets jealous and wishes they had one.

[laugh][laugh][rofl] Same thing happened to hubby when I shot his. He ended up buying me a nicer one.[laugh]
The other alternative is maybe you'll get visitation rights after she takes yours over.[laugh]

Congratulations, I just got my sweetie a new P220. Of .45 ACP she says: "I like the way it thuds instead of snaps like a 9mm!" -Words like those tell you you've made the right choice in a mate!

Back
Top Bottom