• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife wants a knife

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Wife told me yesterday she wants a knife to carry in her purse.

She doesn't like liner lock type knives because she is afraid she is going to chop her finger off. She was using my Benchmade (bugout) when asking about a knife and said she likes the Axis lock mechanism but doesn't want something as big.

Doesn't have to be an Axis lock but definetly not a liner lock, on the smaller side and pocket clip isn't needed. What say ye sage NES knife enthusiasts?

If she likes the Bugout but wants smaller, that’s easy, get her a Mini Bugout. Same action, just smaller. I replaced the scales on mine with aluminum and replaced the pocket clip with one from LynchNW.

The Knifecenter.com has a contact page. If you ask them this question, they will be glad to get back to you with suggestions. It might take a day or two, but they gave me some good suggestions.

Edited to add: Spyderco has a 3“ Paramilitary 3 with a compression lock. So it can be closed while keeping your fingers out of the path of the blade.

2nd on mini bugout. Get some copper scales 2 make it klassy. I love mine. It’s carryable everywhere.

Doh, how could I forget! Button locks! Button locks can be opened and closed while keeping your fingers out of the path of the blade.

Civivi Conspirator or Altus might be a bit big:

Kizer has a really nice button lock. Yes, it looks funny, but it is comfortable in the hand, the sheepsfoot blade cuts well and is easy to sharpen. I love mine.

Yes, I’ve got a knife problem.

Attachments

• B178721A-18A6-4411-9E60-595B05F770B8.jpeg
    B178721A-18A6-4411-9E60-595B05F770B8.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 23
She has her own firearms, although I guess a knife would make it more personal. [rofl]
This is why I don't want a knife for self defence, I have no intention of getting personal with an attacker. Has she really thought about this, it's not a look at my scary knife and hope he runs away. As soon as it comes out she has to stick it into the bad guy, up close and personal, probably repeatedly. And the standard for using a knife will be the same as a gun, deadly force is deadly force.

If she won't use a gun, go with this stuff. Has both the traditional Mace and the OC (they act on people differently), Pepper Spray Equipped with Tear Gas and UV Marking Dye- Triple Action by Mace®

This is why I don't want a knife for self defence, I have no intention of getting personal with an attacker. Has she really thought about this, it's not a look at my scary knife and hope he runs away. As soon as it comes out she has to stick it into the bad guy, up close and personal, probably repeatedly. And the standard for using a knife will be the same as a gun, deadly force is deadly force.

If she won't use a gun, go with this stuff. Has both the traditional Mace and the OC (they act on people differently), Pepper Spray Equipped with Tear Gas and UV Marking Dye- Triple Action by Mace®
She doesn’t intend to use it for self defense.

This might be an option: WPS Fox Folder Knife - Satin

It is a liner lock but has a push button on the grip so your fingers are clear. I had one of these and the quallity is very good for the price. But I gave it to my son because the blade angle doesn't match my training. Its more of a punching knife. Son loves it.

As suggested above, if she likes your Bugout, the Mini is a no-brainer...

1662663891982.png

The white MBO is dyeable.

1662664247810.png

Last edited:
There are lots of aftermarket scales available for the Mini Bugout if you want to dress it up.

Attachments

• 104F0431-1C75-4FF1-90D4-E43E62E920CD.jpeg
    104F0431-1C75-4FF1-90D4-E43E62E920CD.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom