Wildlife exterminator

My 92 yr old mother has for the third time. (it seems to go in two year cycles) raccoons tearing off roof shingles and sheathing to get into her attic, presumably to have more little derelicts. I have trapped and killed two with no more takers every other year for four years now. They are back again with a vengeance, torn five holes in the roof, we are talking second floor 25' + off the ground. I need someone that is closer and can stay on top of it (traps, killing, etc.). Until they are. gone. I have paid to patch the roof twice, looking at the third time now and am tired of it. Now there is sh!t in the attic and this must stop. I am just looking for the names of people that do wildlife eradication, not bug spraying, mice killing leaches. Please keep the nuclear, claymore, M60 comments to a minimum because I am not far away from that already. Unfortunately I have no night vision capability and she lives in a ooh guns community already, Sherborn, in a subdivision. Thanks for any good recommendations.

Last edited:
so you sure the 'moms for racoons' with an educational material of why the wildlife in the attic is so good for the health of the environment is not the option?
it is not a very sherborny feeling... nature is your friend.

realistically, it is futile - as no one for hire will go hunt and shoot them down in the local forest, and you not allowed to poison them where they live. as long as they breed outside they will keep coming. you wanted nature - you`ve got nature, enjoy. you can take it to the town, see what they will say. i would guess they will give you this link:

@evalance does this I think??....
it is a sore topic, and all this is futile. they set 'humane' traps... and racoons laugh at them. i had a racoon that was coming to my backyard garbage bin, would remove the simple lock i had, open the lid, get bag out, rip it, and get stuff out. i fixed it with a better lock, but, those shitheads are very smart.
and to laugh at you, it would bring the crap to the backyard door and leave all the mess there, i am sure it for sure does know what it is doing it for.

What about that ‘cats eye’ place?? Used to have commercials on the radio.

JP pest services out of Milford NH does good work, and they do most of if not all of New England. They helped me with bats!!

Can’t imagine why ‘coons would be digging through the roof but there must be something in there that they want....

What about that ‘cats eye’ place?? Used to have commercials on the radio.

JP pest services out of Milford NH does good work, and they do most of if not all of New England. They helped me with bats!!

Can’t imagine why ‘coons would be digging through the roof but there must be something in there that they want....
Place to raise the brood...

what keeps drawing them to her roof? can you make the path less attractive? my solution was a suppressed 22 and aiming between the headlights. you could try that with an air rifle depending on your backstop and aim.

There is a due on Youtube with a channel called backyard bullies or something like that...it's basically a dude using a suppressed air rifle with thermal to snipe critters in his suburban back yard.

YT Channel
Sweet Air Rifle

So....if you harbor ~$3000 worth of hatred for the little monsters, then you can solve that issue in a few evenings.

There are several place that do good work but being one of those bug spraying , mice killing leaches , I'll keep my opinion to myself.
Being in a profession that is constantly lambasted on NES I feel for your thin skin. For years I have watched exterminators with a "regular maintenance program"
accomplish little other than make their customers feel better and have a little less spending money, sorry to offend you.
How are they getting on the roof? any near by trees, vines, etc..?
Best I can tell they are climbing the brick chimney or the inside corner made by the chimney and cedar shingle sidewall. There are no trees, vines or other overhanging paths and I can't really see scratches or an obvious path.This is a well maintained house in a rural setting with no real activity to discourage the critters with a little old near deaf lady who couldn't hear any activity on the insulated attic floor if the coons had a garage band up there.
Maybe she needs a whole new roof??
Her roof is about ten years old and has a lot of life left in it. I may have to get a new one when done with all this.
Apparently they'll tear through a perfectly good roof based on some internet searching. Not an enviable problem for sure.
Thats the bigger issue here, and this may be the final straw that drives here out of her house to a senior living facility that cost to much and is much further away so less visiting.
what keeps drawing them to her roof? can you make the path less attractive? my solution was a suppressed 22 and aiming between the headlights. you could try that with an air rifle depending on your backstop and aim.
I think it must be years ago, undetected (see near deaf above) a raccoon had a litter in her attic and the offspring are drawn back by the fond memories and think it is a safe place to raise their own. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

Due to the height, it takes a 36' ladder to hit her roof eaves in the back yard and the determined repetitive prolonged nature of this (I thought I had won a year ago) this is not an easy job in my mind and will take an experienced adversary who has successfully dealt with a similar situation to defeat the coons. I have worked on homes that have had some serious undetected prolonged damage from them and want this solved before that becomes the case.

Raccoons get on the back porch, mama chases them off with a broom!

This "porch" is a 8-10 pitch and 30' up. I am too old and out of shape to go up there and do battle at this point. I have used ground traps quite effectively but the two hour round trip just to reset the trap is getting old, never mind the open roof and ultimately the repeated repairs.

My 92 yr old mother has for the third time. (it seems to go in two year cycles) raccoons tearing off roof shingles and sheathing to get into her attic, presumably to have more little derelicts. I have trapped and killed two with no more takers every other year for four years now. They are back again with a vengeance, torn five holes in the roof, we are talking second floor 25' + off the ground. I need someone that is closer and can stay on top of it (traps, killing, etc.). Until they are. gone. I have paid to patch the roof twice, looking at the third time now and am tired of it. Now there is sh!t in the attic and this must stop. I am just looking for the names of people that do wildlife eradication, not bug spraying, mice killing leaches. Please keep the nuclear, claymore, M60 comments to a minimum because I am not far away from that already. Unfortunately I have no night vision capability and she lives in a ooh guns community already, Sherborn, in a subdivision. Thanks for any good recommendations.
should have the septic pumped.

but seriously, i have a guy will pm

This "porch" is a 8-10 pitch and 30' up. I am too old and out of shape to go up there and do battle at this point. I have used ground traps quite effectively but the two hour round trip just to reset the trap is getting old, never mind the open roof and ultimately the repeated repairs.
Put a couple of these around the chimney or any area where you think they might be climbing. Use a couple of lines.

Apparently they'll tear through a perfectly good roof based on some internet searching. Not an enviable problem for sure.

A metal roof takes care of that part of it. But, if they really want in, they will start on a wall somewhere. I wonder how I know that! :(

Having fixed a few of these nightmares for customers I know the only final solution is eliminate all the critters, not try and keep them out. Squirrels are just as bad if not worse but tend to chew nice neat round holes, very quickly.

Being in a profession that is constantly lambasted on NES I feel for your thin skin. For years I have watched exterminators with a "regular maintenance program"
accomplish little other than make their customers feel better and have a little less spending money, sorry to offend you.

Best I can tell they are climbing the brick chimney or the inside corner made by the chimney and cedar shingle sidewall. There are no trees, vines or other overhanging paths and I can't really see scratches or an obvious path.This is a well maintained house in a rural setting with no real activity to discourage the critters with a little old near deaf lady who couldn't hear any activity on the insulated attic floor if the coons had a garage band up there.

Her roof is about ten years old and has a lot of life left in it. I may have to get a new one when done with all this.

Thats the bigger issue here, and this may be the final straw that drives here out of her house to a senior living facility that cost to much and is much further away so less visiting.

I think it must be years ago, undetected (see near deaf above) a raccoon had a litter in her attic and the offspring are drawn back by the fond memories and think it is a safe place to raise their own. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

Due to the height, it takes a 36' ladder to hit her roof eaves in the back yard and the determined repetitive prolonged nature of this (I thought I had won a year ago) this is not an easy job in my mind and will take an experienced adversary who has successfully dealt with a similar situation to defeat the coons. I have worked on homes that have had some serious undetected prolonged damage from them and want this solved before that becomes the case.
Actually your the first in all these years.
We actually provide a service for those who can't take care of things themselves.
You know , like raccoons on the roof and other things.

508 989 6506

so you sure the 'moms for racoons' with an educational material of why the wildlife in the attic is so good for the health of the environment is not the option?
it is not a very sherborny feeling... nature is your friend.

realistically, it is futile - as no one for hire will go hunt and shoot them down in the local forest, and you not allowed to poison them where they live. as long as they breed outside they will keep coming. you wanted nature - you`ve got nature, enjoy. you can take it to the town, see what they will say. i would guess they will give you this link:

That's not true. even if you call the state they will refer you to a PAC agent and they will catch and destroy fully sanctioned by the ''great'' state of MA

it is a sore topic, and all this is futile. they set 'humane' traps... and racoons laugh at them. i had a racoon that was coming to my backyard garbage bin, would remove the simple lock i had, open the lid, get bag out, rip it, and get stuff out. i fixed it with a better lock, but, those shitheads are very smart.
and to laugh at you, it would bring the crap to the backyard door and leave all the mess there, i am sure it for sure does know what it is doing it for.

When you hire a amateur you get amateur results.

Active raccoons inside attics, sheds etc can be caught with a ''humane'' trap but will be put down as per state requirements , there's no such thing as catch and release in MA.

Reason why raccoons can be harder to catch is because homeowners catch and release them themselves causing them to become trap shy but often times they just destroy a vent like 3rd photo and you can install a trap with 2 doors so it's one way in, one way out to make live easier

Attachments

• IMG-20210329-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20210329-WA0006.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20210329-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20210329-WA0008.jpeg
    626.7 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20210319_141610229.jpg
    PXL_20210319_141610229.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 10
If you think they are using the chimney to climb up but aren't sure.....maybe get some game cameras in the area to find out how they are getting to the roof......then you can work on cutting off the access. But yeah.......killing the ones that are there is first priority.....then block off the route they are using us second.

Back
Top Bottom