Will AR’s be legal when Healy leaves office?

I’ve been pondering this question for a while. Since the MA ban on AR15 rifles is only stemming from a matter of enforcement and interpretation of the law, would they become legal to sell again after Maura Healy leaves office?

Legal or not, the notice will remain in effect because no AG is going to tolerate a Globe article about how they are "soft on guns".

Well, or more likely, the reality is the "Cabal" has already vetted her replacement with this question taken into account. MA has never seen a moderate dem AG, nor will it ever.

-Mike

Well, or more likely, the reality is the "Cabal" has already vetted her replacement with this question taken into account. MA has never seen a moderate dem AG, nor will it ever.

-Mike
Each AG has been the former Middlesex Cty DA for many years now. They get groomed for the job, then eventually run for governor and burn out.

To answer the OP, no the "mis-interpretation" will remain regardless of who the AG is.

Her term isn't up until 2023. She'll easily win re-election just on being the Democrat incumbent.
No, she'll be running for governor, just watch and see. If history foretells the future, she'll lose that election and go on to be an anti-gun professor at NU's School of Law.

She'll become governor and then all these "opinions" she has rammed down our throats will actually be codified into law.

So right now they're the most legal they're going to be for a long, long time.

I’m from Florida and I might move to MA for either medical school or residency in the future since the educational opportunities are great in the state.
Welcome to NES.
3bc29p.jpg

Pretty sure David Hogg will be the next AG.
Nope, the current Middlesex DA has a lock on it.
Woman? Check.
First name starts with "M"? Check.

Can't stop the "Marsha" jokes.

Although face it, if David Hogg won the office,
I'd still call him "Marsha" at every turn...

I just signed up for an account today. I’m from Florida and I might move to MA for either medical school or residency in the future since the educational opportunities are great in the state.

plenty of great medical schools in states that are far cheaper to live in and with far more freedom. Duke, Penn come to mind. Don't come here.

Another one post wonder asking sketchy questions.

I suspect that if one mined the first 100 posts of all new members that most of us would be suspected of being plants or at least eligible to participate in the Special Olympics.

I wound up here while researching some questions that are "duh" to me today.

Of course some of the early questions ARE clearly trolling/baiting/entrapment. But I didn't get quite that vibe on this one.

I’ve been pondering this question for a while. Since the MA ban on AR15 rifles is only stemming from a matter of enforcement and interpretation of the law, would they become legal to sell again after Maura Healy leaves office?
Scott Harshbarger, 2 or 3 AG's ago, came up with his own list of "acceptable handguns" and we still have it, the subsequent AG's have kept it. This is not the list the legislature voted on, this is very much like the current AG's declaration, it was his opinion.

I just signed up for an account today. I’m from Florida and I might move to MA for either medical school or residency in the future since the educational opportunities are great in the state.
Dont worry about it, there are some "odd" single posters who sound more like junior staffers for the tyrannical attorney general looking for some honest hard working people to hang out to dry. If you come up this way, or even if you dont, hang around, it is a great forum.

Back
Top Bottom