Will "Real ID" clean house?

NES Member
It looks like illegals will be SOL when they can't renew a drivers license, fly, or verify who they are with a "Real-ID", or use for any of the benefits they're receiving that we're paying for. This looks like it has real potential to clean house and is a Federal requirement that MA has to comply with.

MA has been dragging its feet on this to make sure that the max can be sucked out of your pocket to support the sanctuary initiative/agenda

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia

RI contractors, who are illegals, only need to show a drivers license and pay a fee to get a contractors license.

Last edited:
you can still get a non-real ID license in MA, you just cannot use it as ID for a federal building or at an airport. In reality though, you do not need any ID to fly inside the US, you just end up going through a lot of extra screening and delays.

Got my certified birth certificate a a W2 right here and will use my LTC and the letter they sent me later this month. Waiting to see if the lines settle down but have to get it done this week.

Not sure what the illegals are going to do.

Until they start cracking down on the large employers of illegal aliens, nothing will change. It's not just landscapers and nannies. Plenty of big industries look the other way and utilize illegal labor, but they have lobbyists making sure they stay out of the crosshairs.

So do I need to go get one of these or just wait for my license to expire in several years?

Good question I was wondering the same thing, my driver's license doesn't expire for another 3 years and I'm not thrilled having to shell out the $50 or$60 for a new id

Tie the "Real-ID" requirement to cell phone contracts (FCC), banking & credit cards (Federally Insured), housing (subsidies), companies & employers (taxes on employees not being paid/tax fraud), etc...

Now we've got something really good going!

Buying this may be better than the best IPO!

*^*^Owner Financing...60,000 SF former prison in Northeast Colorado

I’m looking for the source of this but the GF’s sister at dinner said something about everyone needs to renew before 2020 regardless of expiration date of current licenses.
But she’s a broken clock so odds are that’s not entirely true.

I’m looking for the source of this but the GF’s sister at dinner said something about everyone needs to renew before 2020 regardless of expiration date of current licenses.

Requirements for real ID will kick in by 2020. You won't be required to get real ID by then, but you may find your non compliant ID getting rejected at airports and government buildings if you haven't upgraded by 2020.

you can still get a non-real ID license in MA,

[strike]Nope, not any more. [/strike] One of the things they did at the DMV wen they shut down for a few days recently was update everything for RealID.

EDIT:

OK, I totally misunderstood something I read/heard. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Requirements for real ID will kick in by 2020. You won't be required to get real ID by then, but you may find your non compliant ID getting rejected at airports and government buildings if you haven't upgraded by 2020.

Boy am I glad my license expires in 2019 already, that plus having a pile of other gov ids means I probably wouldn't have to worry to much about Real ID cramping my style.

I'm more interested in how the new 2020 census forms will change things... if there's a question of citizenship status, and people refuse to answer it, or not even reply, how will that change the distribution of US representatives in Congress...

Nope, not any more. One of the things they did at the DMV wen they shut down for a few days recently was update everything for RealID.

From the press release.

"While the state will continue offering standard IDs, starting next Monday, March 26, it plans to issue cards that comply with the REAL ID law, which will grant people that additional federally controlled access beyond October 2020."

Also, what would the card on the right be from?

rmv_realid_cardcomparison_0318_1_0.jpg

I lucked out, my DL was due to expire in 3 weeks, but I was able to renew it online before the 26th
cut off date. Passed on getting a "Real ID". I haven't flown in 30 years, and I don't intend to for
the longterm foreseeable future.

If you choose not to get a MA "real ID" you can use a US passport for ID at airports, federal buildings, etc.

Mine expires in 2019 so I guess this doesn't really affect me. Weird shenanigans.

With the pain in the ass that Real-ID is going to be, might as well get a passport instead.

I have a passport and am part of the Global Entry, the gov is so far into my business if TSA gives me any issue the gov hand can just reach out from my rear and slap them around.

If you choose not to get a MA "real ID" you can use a US passport for ID at airports, federal buildings, etc.

Get the passport card option when you renew a passport, $30 extra. It is more convenient than carrying around a bound wad of paper.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody here seems to be against the idea of a federal ID card.
Papiere, bitte...

I am against it but my options are limited. I'm not about to be one one of those "sovereign citizens" who drives around with everything unregistered and never pays taxes, brags about how it is working and makes lame YT videos of being pulled over by cops while he cites Articles of the Confederation to the confused cop , then is in jail about 2 years later. I have too much shit to do in my life to mess with stuff Ike that.

I'm kind of surprised that nobody here seems to be against the idea of a federal ID card.
Papiere, bitte...

Meaning Real ID? it is not federal and Real ID compliance itself does nothing to link state systems together. It just has to do with providing the documentation to prove you are you and are supposed to be here.

Sharing between states is starting to happen, but is unrelated to Real ID compliance. AAMVA has had some data sharing for a few years now, but states are now starting to share directly, real time, with more states joining each year.

Web site is worth a read.

American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators

From the press release.

"While the state will continue offering standard IDs, starting next Monday, March 26, it plans to issue cards that comply with the REAL ID law, which will grant people that additional federally controlled access beyond October 2020."

Also, what would the card on the right be from?

rmv_realid_cardcomparison_0318_1_0.jpg

The card on the right will allow you to get an EBT card in MA to continue to legally rob your neighbors

Get the passport card option when you renew a passport, $30 extra. It is more convenient than carrying around a bound wad of paper.

I had a buddy who never got his license so he had this beaten up passport that he would take to bars, boggled my mind that he wouldn't spring for the card. A passport is no a document I want messy/damaged when I am traveling internationally and need it. I also just like it because it "future proofed" my ID in the case the MA didn't get with the program on REAL ID for some reason. Finally, when I travel to certain customers they want proof that I am a citizen so I can cross the magic invisible barriers in their office where they put up the paper sign.

With the pain in the ass that Real-ID is going to be, might as well get a passport instead.

You should have a passport. No driver's license is going to get you out of and back into the USA if you should need to travel on short notice. Everyone should have a passport -- even your children.

Since it's racist to require people to get an id to vote, this would also be racist so there's no way it can be true.

Truthfully, I see no reason why RealID is going to be any more inherently secure than what we've always had. Illegals are still going to get them, and this being Mass I'm sure they'll hand them out like free candy to anyone here in violation of immigration law.

Back
Top Bottom