• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will we see the return of Gun Shows in New England this year?

Delta Tau Chi name: "Lark".

Those poor tires.
You don't know the half of it.

At a hamfest I once saw someone
tooling around happily on his buddy's scooter,
when we heard a gunshot.

After we all picked ourselves up off of the ground
and dusted off the pine needles, I investigated.

It used a side-pull bicycle brake on the front tire.
The calipers were so maladjusted that
the brake shoes melted a gouge through the sidewall. [shocked]
The rubber was still smoking,
and hot enough to give 2nd degree burns.

His buddy chugged over and didn't look happy.
There was nothing they could do but wheel it back to their campsite.

Ironically, I see one of the two (can't remember which one)
every year, and he's now able to get around just fine on his own.

I went to one this past Sunday at the Legion Hall in Augusta. Got a 1" Ultradot for $150;
(Some people get excited at a new gun;
others at an ammo purchase.

But for my money,
it's new optics that really make you want to go out
and punch some holes in paper).

Surprised we don't see more heart attacks at gun shows.
You will when the shows re-open and people see the prices. We thought they were ridiculous years ago. It'll be a "hold my beer and watch this" moment!
I would not expect to see any large Gun Shows this year. Even outside events like the ham radio NEAR Fest and MIT Flea Market have been cancelled. NEAR Fest has a couple of large "commercial buildings" but 90% of the sellers are outside. All of MIT is in an open air parking garage.
And the 2 Near-Fest buildings have ~40' ceilings and constant air blowing thru them (the doors are huge garage door openings at both ends).

I would not expect to see any large Gun Shows this year. Even outside events like the ham radio NEAR Fest and MIT Flea Market have been cancelled. NEAR Fest has a couple of large "commercial buildings" but 90% of the sellers are outside. All of MIT is in an open air parking garage.
If you get to the MIT Flea Market late and end up on the top floor of the garage make sure you bring sunscreen and plenty of water, my Dad and I were dying up there a couple years ago lol

The dictator baker will allow venues to open and have events just like the bruins and Celtics are having now. The issue will be he’ll probably only allow a small percentage of the capacity (bruins and Celtics are 12% right now)

if the capacity is so low, say 25%, no venders will see that as a profitable or worthwhile event. When few vendors sign up, the promoter will cancel it.

I expect baker to loosen things over the summer but then bring back restrictions when cases increase in the fall/winter

If you get to the MIT Flea Market late and end up on the top floor of the garage make sure you bring sunscreen and plenty of water, my Dad and I were dying up there a couple years ago lol

I can only recall one or two occasions when there were that many vendors there. It was much better when there was plenty of parking and the parking lot also had vendors. MIT seems to be racing to build as much as possible before the Green Nude Eel goes into effect.

I went to one this past Sunday at the Legion Hall in Augusta. Got a 1" Ultradot for $150; I always find something to buy. Guy had a M1A Supermatch built by somebody. All USGI parts, Krieger barrel, bayo lug on the suppressor. $2400 and he was willing to deal. I didn't think that was a bad price.

$5 to get in.

Even though people down in the south complain about them, my limited experience is that gun shows down there have the ones up here beat by a mile. Guys buying guns for cash after checking to see that they both had driver's licenses in the state. People walking around carrying guns that they will sell to anyone who is not a PP. Enough to make a liberal weep.

The only consistent thing I've seen is no loaded guns.

I know a gun shop that has the Mossberg MC1sc which has a MSRP of $435 and they have a $519 price tag on it. I can't imagine what the price would be at a show.

Shows have been going on here in PA since late in 2020. I went to a show last weekend with a new shooter who wanted to attend. I almost took pictures of the firearms to post pics here. Shitty Century Arms AKs for $1,200 and SKS for $800 all through the show. AR-15 rifles from makers I have never heard off priced all over the place. It seems the market is flush with mom and pop machine shops making and selling ARs at the moment.

There’s no point in even having the gun shows anymore. They suck unless you’re just buying memorabilia, or some random things. I’ve only ever come across one or two handguns I was in a buy down there...Not your standard cookie-cutter bullshit.
I get “pending further review” quite often. So I go to a gun show can’t leave with my gun and then I got to drive God knows where to go pick it up?

I’d be better off just going on gun broker and having it shipped to your local FFL

That I can’t believe the amount of posts ban 30 round mags I see sold down there as prebans to people who have no clue....
And the legitimate stuff it’s just so over priced you could just buy it online and have it mailed to your house

The dictator baker will allow venues to open and have events just like the bruins and Celtics are having now. The issue will be he’ll probably only allow a small percentage of the capacity (bruins and Celtics are 12% right now)

if the capacity is so low, say 25%, no venders will see that as a profitable or worthwhile event. When few vendors sign up, the promoter will cancel it.

I expect baker to loosen things over the summer but then bring back restrictions when cases increase in the fall/winter
Remember to Faker, gun businesses are NOT essential. Sports definitely are essential. I would expect him to ban gun shows and wait for a lawsuit, or make the restrictions 10% of the restrictions for a sporting event, just to ensure it isn't profitable to even think about running a show.
Even though people down in the south complain about them, my limited experience is that gun shows down there have the ones up here beat by a mile. Guys buying guns for cash after checking to see that they both had driver's licenses in the state. People walking around carrying guns that they will sell to anyone who is not a PP. Enough to make a liberal weep.

I only attended one gun show down South. It was in a NG armory in Ft. Lauderdale area and as small as it was, it blew the socks off of the (at the time large shows up here). This was in the 1990s too. I tried to find the big show down there but couldn't find the location and a neighboring town police officer had no clue where it was either.

Shows have been going on here in PA since late in 2020. I went to a show last weekend with a new shooter who wanted to attend. I almost took pictures of the firearms to post pics here. Shitty Century Arms AKs for $1,200 and SKS for $800 all through the show. AR-15 rifles from makers I have never heard off priced all over the place. It seems the market is flush with mom and pop machine shops making and selling ARs at the moment.

Still better off than what we got right now.

I'm hoping they have them. Let the masses go and kill each other to overpay for Bidenguns. I'll swoop in in 2022 and see normal deals again, I hope. Maybe just normal crowds. I remember that Danvers show that one time. Right after NoBama got in I think. I chewed and screwed out of there in 30 min. It was an unmovable mass. Missed 3/4 of that small show because it wasn't worth moving around.

After about July, it's going to be hard for even Chaaaahhhleee to stop things like this from occurring. "We need to wear masks forever. Because we've worn masks for 15 months." No. That's not how it works. Once you get critical-mass of people vaccinated - and we are approaching that now - masks and distancing will be pointless.

Sure, it'll take mASS and NY and CA a long time to figure this out. But places like TX, FL, MS, MO, and others will show them they are being paranoid for nothing. Eventually, teh scared masses will revolt. Although you'll still see the lingering mask-runner on jogging trails throughout mASSachusetts for a decade or more to come.
Where was the show in Danvers? I never heard of that one. Struggling to imagine where it would be

I typically work a booth at the shows in Wilmington / Marlboro with the Mrs. for a local shop. Next show is scheduled for June. Might help out another shop, haven't committed togo yet.

Last edited:
I typically work a both at the shows in Wilmington / Marlboro with the Mrs. for a local shop. Next show is scheduled for June. Might help out another shop, haven't committed togo yet.

Interesting. Wonder if it will actually happen.

I can only recall one or two occasions when there were that many vendors there. It was much better when there was plenty of parking and the parking lot also had vendors.
I'd only hit MIT 2-3x/yr, but the one time the flea went all the way to the top
was a sunny day, after the adjacent ground-level parking lot had been demolished.

down South ... in Ft. Lauderdale area ... I tried to find the big show ... but couldn't find the location and a neighboring town police officer had no clue where it was either.
Maybe that's the first rule of Florida Gun Show Club.

I've never been to a show down South, but what you describe is exactly how gun shows are up here. Unless the seller has a FFL, then of course there has to be a background check, but that's the same everywhere.

I used to go to the big gun shows in Syracuse and Albany New York back in the early 90s they were great shows. Way before the state went to shit with its laws.

I guess gun shows vary... The only one I have been to was in Fla many years ago where I met The Splendid Splinter ...he was a serious angler...might have been just fishing stuff but it was great.

I typically work a booth at the shows in Wilmington / Marlboro with the Mrs. for a local shop. Next show is scheduled for June. Might help out another shop, haven't committed togo yet.

As one of the very few on NES who will admit to enjoying the Marlboro and Wilmington shows, I hope this happens. [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom