• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 11/14-11/15

Anyone planning on going? I understand these shows are big flops most of the time but remember hearing that Wilmington is one of the better ones

for something like $12 you can roam around and see all sorts of guns, knives, safes, gun parts etc. How can anyone consider that a big flop??

for something like $12 you can roam around and see all sorts of guns, knives, safes, gun parts etc. How can anyone consider that a big flop??

because you can do that at most gun stores for free. again i have never been so im not trying to argue with anyone, just echoing what i have read in countless threads on this forum

Yeah I've been to the Wilmington show a couple times. Seems like a decent show but I've never been to any other gun shows before so I can't compare it to anything lol. I usually go if I don't have much going on since it's only 35ish minutes from my house.

because you can do that at most gun stores for free. again i have never been so im not trying to argue with anyone, just echoing what i have read in countless threads on this forum

The Shriner's auditorium has about 100,000 square feet of space. I'm not sure how much of that they use for display but I can assure you there is a lot more there than any local gun shop can provide. Pocket knives, flashlights, magazines, new guns, used guns, books, jerky, AR parts, backpacks, scopes, binoculars, pepper spray, reloading gear & supplies and a bunch of stuff I can't even think of. Go see for yourself. As I mentioned. For $12 you can see all kinds of crap, kill some time and maybe find something to buy.

Deals can be found if you don't simply accept that the posted price is the selling price. It takes some effort to make a deal, but there are plenty to be found if you look/try.

It is definitely one of the better shows around and it's local to Boston. I have been going to it for years. I would say it is bigger than Manchester and pretty much on the scale of Marlborough. And it is a heck of a lot closer than Springfield. Some years I find good deals and others I don't but it is always fun.

I'm going sometime between driving my daughters to their ballet, probably 12-2, and I'll be looking for a holster for my Vaquero 5.5" barrel in .45LC, and ammo if it isn't too outrageously expensive.

Anyone planning on going? I understand these shows are big flops most of the time but remember hearing that Wilmington is one of the better ones

If you're gonna go get there when the doors open. That way you get in, scan, get any of the good stuff, talk to a few friends, and get out before the place is teeming with stealth-dropped fart gas from the geriatriacs and BO from a bunch of other people.

It still won't smell as bad as hamfest though. [rofl]

If you go there expecting nothing you won't be let down. If you go there expecting to find something, you probably won't. I like being "surprised" instead.

-Mike

Last edited:
If you're gonna go get there when the doors open. That way you get in, scan, get any of the good stuff, talk to a few friends, and get out before the place is teeming with stealth-dropped fart gas from the geriatriacs and BO from a bunch of other people.

It still won't smell as bad as hamfest though.

Do Hams Tip?

Linda Sue Williams, 41, is a waitress at Miss Valinda's Country Kitchen. After waitressing for over 20 years, she is somewhat a judge of male character.

Linda Sue's customers are mostly blue collar family men. They come in, drink coffee, read the paper, order breakfast and make a little small talk with Linda Sue and the other waitress staff. The one and two dollar tips they leave Linda Sue are appreciated. Sometimes on Fridays a large group will sit at one table, and Linda Sue may make as much as $20 in tips for the table.

Once a year the ham radio hamfest comes to town, says Linda Sue. They demand endless cups of coffee, dump more food on the floor than they do in their fat bellies and expect instant service, while making lewd remarks to me, says Linda Sue. The table is filled with their expensive little toy radios and palm computers. They brag endlessly what important jobs they have, how many people work for them and how many college degrees they have.

"If only their tipping habits were as big as their inflated egos," said Linda Sue. When they leave, I am lucky if I find a few pennies and dimes left among all the trash. Their body odor lingers for hours after they're gone.

"Hams are smelly cheap braggarts," says Linda Sue.

Last edited:
I used to like this show because the ammo vendor in the back left corner of the building with a banner that said 308ammo.com would have pretty good deals and hard to find ammo. Wilmington was the only show he would work but unfortunately the promoters said they won't let him attend. Not sure if it was a falling out or the NY vendors secured a deal to be the only main players but either way it sucks.

I find these shows to be a waste of time guns & ammo are overpriced a lot of crap . The best thing is the people selling beef jerky not worth the $12. Rather buy guns on Gunbroker amd Ammo online

All the shows are horrible wastes of time and money. No one goes anymore. The smell is terrible. There are no bargains ever. Everything is crazy overpriced and there is nothing there interesting or worth buying anyway. It's a complete waste. The shows have gone so far downhill that they should now be paying us to go. Stay away... you'll be glad you did.

Me? I'll be there in line bright and early on Saturday trying to beat the crowd. [laugh]

All the shows are horrible wastes of time and money. No one goes anymore. The smell is terrible. There are no bargains ever. Everything is crazy overpriced and there is nothing there interesting or worth buying anyway. It's a complete waste. The shows have gone so far downhill that they should now be paying us to go. Stay away... you'll be glad you did.

Me? I'll be there in line bright and early on Saturday trying to beat the crowd. [laugh]

I'll be not far behind. :)

I used to like this show because the ammo vendor in the back left corner of the building with a banner that said 308ammo.com would have pretty good deals and hard to find ammo. Wilmington was the only show he would work but unfortunately the promoters said they won't let him attend. Not sure if it was a falling out or the NY vendors secured a deal to be the only main players but either way it sucks.

My bet is the latter, that guy from NY (steve?) is quite obviously on a different level of treatment. He never gets a shitty position on the floor, amongst other things.

I went to an indoor petting zoo at the shriners auditorium in Wilmington before - mother of god the place stunk to the hi-heavens. I think at one point I almost vomited on a miniature pony of some sort. My wife was not so lucky and was puking in the parking lot out front. This was quite possibly the worst experience of my life.

I went to an indoor petting zoo at the shriners auditorium in Wilmington before - mother of god the place stunk to the hi-heavens. I think at one point I almost vomited on a miniature pony of some sort. My wife was not so lucky and was puking in the parking lot out front. This was quite possibly the worst experience of my life.

[rofl]

ill be swinging by around noon on saturday. ill be looking for AR parts (as you know they are SO hard to find). hope to see some of you guys there

I worked a gun show a week after that thing, it still smelled like ass in there. Not to mention its probably like child germ warfare ebola aids in there during the thing... I can't think of a dumber idea.... get a bunch of snotgobblers under one roof, with animals + feces, piss, etc... it's like a kickoff party for cold/flu/disease season.

-Mike

Ok- sounds like not a lot of interest, but in case someone does --here is a link for a coupon
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/library/all-coupon w-background.gif

all-coupon%20w-background.gif

I'll be not far behind. :)

Guess they'll be at least 3 of us on line then. [grin]

i have never been so im not trying to argue with anyone, just echoing what i have read in countless threads on this forum

Which unfortunately seems to have become the norm. Half of what you read on the forums today is nothing but regurgitated nonsense.
It is often difficult to cipher whether the poster is speaking from first hand experience or just recycling 3rd or 4th hand crap.

Back
Top Bottom