• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 11/14-11/15

Guess they'll be at least 3 of us on line then. [grin]

Smart move. Have been to this show many times, always fun. We get to see and handle a wide variety of guns and related paraphernalia, plus lots of other merchandise, more than any one store can offer, while running into friends who are fellow shooters. I've never had an issue with "odors."

Let's keep our eye on the big picture. We're fortunate in America, almost uniquely among countries around the world, that we have the right to put on and attend a gun show. Attending is a way of voting with our feet. It demonstrates that we value that right and don't take it for granted. Attending strengthens that right. If the show were outlawed or otherwise ceased to exist, say due to lack of support by attendees and dealers, would we be better off? If we're looking for negative voices who'd like nothing better than to see shows disappear, we don't need to look far. Just listen to the Moms, Deval, Rosenthal, Feinstein, Holder, Obama, Clooney and their fellow moonbat usual-suspects.

Me? I'll see you at the show.

Smart move. Have been to this show many times, always fun. We get to see and handle a wide variety of guns and related paraphernalia, plus lots of other merchandise, more than any one store can offer, while running into friends who are fellow shooters. I've never had an issue with "odors."

Let's keep our eye on the big picture. We're fortunate in America, almost uniquely among countries around the world, that we have the right to put on and attend a gun show. Attending is a way of voting with our feet. It demonstrates that we value that right and don't take it for granted. Attending strengthens that right. If the show were outlawed or otherwise ceased to exist, say due to lack of support by attendees and dealers, would we be better off? If we're looking for negative voices who'd like nothing better than to see shows disappear, we don't need to look far. Just listen to the Moms, Deval, Rosenthal, Feinstein, Holder, Obama, Clooney and their fellow moonbat usual-suspects.

Well said

Your olfactory nerves aren't working then, or you fly through the doors after its open and get out before it gets serious. You've probably never had the experience of having an old man cropdust an entire booth at a gun show. Usually its something like "Excuse me, do you have a magazine for for a Wanker Schorr 9?" (or some other gun you've never heard of, in your life). Then the guy will dotter around your booth looking at everything else, but moving slowly... until he's SILENTLY crop dusted the entire booth... and then, like that, he's gone quickly as he came. Usually the attendees have the advantage where you guys can just recoil in horror and quickly move away from the smell and get out of the kill zone. So you have the luxury of forgetting the incident rather quickly.

Even this isn't enough to deter me from attending one of these things, but at some point or another we gotta be honest. [laugh]

I don't think we would be better off but I do think the promoters are ****ing these shows up and scaring dealers away. If gun shows die it will be because of the greedy promoters, not because of antis or whatnot. If I won powerball or came into some money I'd start some other business that would try to create the biggest gun shows in new england, even if it was just 1 show a year per state.

I might even make this one Saturday, if I can get up early enough. I go in expecting nothing and sometimes leave with nothing and sometimes leave with a few things. Worst case I usually get to bump into a few people I haven't seen in forever and shoot the shit for a few minutes.

-Mike

Last edited:
Maybe Mike's nose is overly sensitive but I worked a table earlier this year at both Wilmington and Marlboro, 2 shows at each location for one or two days each time and didn't experience any of the horrific smells he keeps talking about. Not sure how I could miss it being in the middle of the action the entire day or days. The only place I remember a strong smell was around the jerky table and that was all good smells!

I'm going. I go every year. I can't think of a better way to kill and afternoon off then hitting the firearms shows. Yeah, the bargains are few and far between, but for some of us that elusive missing piece of the puzzle might turn up. I went to the big E show just for shits and grins and ended up with a 15 year old Colt .45 with zero rounds thru it. Could it happen at Wilmington? That's why I go.

I ended up getting 1000 rounds of .223 Tula. The only thing that really interested me and i almost got was the new Sub 2000 that one of the vendors had.

Just got back. Not very crowded, walked right in at 9:45am. The usual suspects were there. There did seem to be a good amount of Aguila .22LR available. One table had it for $50 per 500rds, another $40. As mentioned above its better going to a show than working. I had much better time at the show than I will raking leaves this afternoon.

It was a quiet and inexpensive show for me... which was actually kind of good since it's an awfully tight month. Crowd was below average size for sure judging by the parking lot and uncluttered aisles. Still, no regrets about going. It just happened to be a show that didn't match up very well with my current needs.

Last edited:
Deals can be found if you don't simply accept that the posted price is the selling price. It takes some effort to make a deal, but there are plenty to be found if you look/try.
Not been my experience. I stopped going 2 years ago after seeing the outrageous ammo prices in Marlboro.

As others have noted, not as crowded as previous shows. Ogled some firearms and firearm accessories, had a beer in the Fez lounge. Not a bad way to burn an afternoon.

There was a vendor there from CT. Bought out a dealer and was selling vintage/NOS/collectible/milsurp ammo and pellet guns.
I purchased Winchester and Norma 30 carbine ammo, 45 auto rim and a box of 45 ammo from 1940.
It was a fun table to rummage through.

Just got back and overall I think it was a pretty decent show. Just about all the tables were full, there was a number of tables selling ammo and I saw a couple of deals here and there. I did hesitate on two things that in retrospect I should have jumped on but was too late when I went back. One was a used Ruger Scout in 308 w/ two mags, bipod and scope for $600. The other was a decent 9mm Star BM for $220. Ah well, maybe next time.

Did see a lot of reloading supplies as well.

Last edited:
Not been my experience. I stopped going 2 years ago after seeing the outrageous ammo prices in Marlboro.

I found that prices generally seemed to be higher at marlboro than wilmington, which made me think the the vendor fees must be higher for that show. But if you stopped going 2 years ago then how could you have found any deals?

I went today and didn't find anything I had to have. Prices were average and there were some nice guns but nothing nothing really screamed take me home.

I ended up with jerky, a few mags. I did leave my old Gerber bolt action knife with the guy who sharpens knives and had him put an incredible edge on it for only $5. If I knew he did such nice work I'd have bought a few more for him to do.

It was a nice low key crowd with no pushing or shoving. I didn't have to throw any tantrums at people for whacking my arm. We found a few small items. Saw a few deals on things we weren't shopping for. My wishlist is down to a few very specialized items. This show had more reloading stuff than I've seen at a gun show in a long long long time. There were some good deals on some of it. A lot of ammo that hadn't sold at shows from 3 years ago still has insane price tags on it. Some dealers need to do a reality check and mark stuff down. $36 for a box of 30-30? Its down to $17 at Walmart! I noticed more dealers are putting price tags on their stuff. They must hear me say if it ain't priced it ain't for sale.

Back
Top Bottom