• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 11/14-11/15

All the shows are horrible wastes of time and money. No one goes anymore. The smell is terrible. There are no bargains ever. Everything is crazy overpriced and there is nothing there interesting or worth buying anyway. It's a complete waste. The shows have gone so far downhill that they should now be paying us to go. Stay away... you'll be glad you did.

Me? I'll be there in line bright and early on Saturday trying to beat the crowd. [laugh]

I'll be not far behind. :)

Guess they'll be at least 3 of us on line then. [grin]

OK I was between 25th and 30th on line this morning, where were you?

I have never seen a deal at a show. They are all rip offs.

Well, I'd expect it to be harder to haggle on stock items than on one-of-a-kinds.
And bulk commodities like ammo ought to be the least flexible on price
(unless the bottom is dropping out of a market with no end in sight;
then the seller would want to get out while the getting out is good).

I have, I saw a old man sell a Chiefs Special in nickle for $100.00 to a dealer in West Springfield. I said to the dealer I'll give you $250.00 right now, you make $150.00 and were both happy. He took the cash I still have the gun a Smith & Wesson in nickle from the seventies.

You want a deal at a show you gotta make a deal. A wad of cash and some knowledge helps, and making realistic, non-dick, offers. Jaypap has the right idea....

-Mike

Went today. I never saw it so uncrowded. Parked right near the front door on the asphalt. I spoke with Don at M&M. He said they only had around 600 people all day yesterday and weren't expecting much more today. I picked up some movies and ammo from the guy who bought out the gun store (genuine Super-Vels for $25 a box!). Nice way to kill a few hours.

You want a deal at a show you gotta make a deal. A wad of cash and some knowledge helps, and making realistic, non-dick, offers. Jaypap has the right idea....

-Mike

^This. Cash is king and you have to enjoy haggling some. I've worked a few deals over the years and enjoyed it. The big gun stores won't work that much with you, but not the same thing for the smaller sellers. There is always wiggle room. Some expect to haggle and some downright enjoy it. None more then the Late Zenk, who I haggled with for over half an hour one time before we made a deal.

I've said it countless times before and I'll say it again... gun shows are like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.

I've found plenty of deals at shows.

Had a good time. Good way to kill a couple of hours. Got some mags, jerky and the surprise of the day was the caterer. Really good Italian Wedding Soup!

I liked the cases from the guy out of Pennsylvania. Don't need any at the moment, but he does online sales. Uniquecases.com

Does anyone happen to have a contact for the guy selling refurbished colt 30rd ar mags ? He was in one of the middle rows. He's been there the past 3 years I've gone. Thanks in advance.

I had a great time, my wife told me I could go with my friends and to not spend to much money. I left with a 42" blue camo rifle bag (2 rifles 2 pistols + accessories) and a 33RD mag for the Glock. I was looking for a SR22 or mosquito but prices were really high on those when I found them.

My friend bought a sig 1911, 120 round AR drum and a scope.

I'll go again, cool to look around and spend a couple hours.

Does anyone happen to have a contact for the guy selling refurbished colt 30rd ar mags ? He was in one of the middle rows. He's been there the past 3 years I've gone. Thanks in advance.

Yes I do....so nice to not have to scrub icky mags and change followers (the cold is aggravating my arthritis). He is super sweet as well.

His name is Chris. He also has made in the USA AR-15 sights.

[email protected]

[grin]

Back
Top Bottom