• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 3/1, 3/2

Thursday they are open till 8PM, I walked in there about early 6 ish and couldn't believe there was (at this time of night) around 12-15 people. I asked if they were using the tickets and they weren't. But yea, on a saturday, even the express takes time. Supply and demand, we should open up a store next door and split the business. [wink]

That time I mentioned was a random Wednesday afternoon after I had class. Id hate to see what a saturday is like. If Im opening a shop its going to be in nh. sell stuff to nh folks, and have it on the boarder to have the mass guys avoid taxes. someday I hope. Id cater to more mass compliant stuff most shops dont carry alot of stuff for us mass residents, if they did just think of all the people who would go there to save on taxes.

For the things I were looking for the past three ones I went to (Wilmington last year twice and Marlboro), I came across the ruger SR22R (rifle) for $600. The gun went for $480-$500, granted it's maybe a few months wait, but this was overpriced in my eyes and that's why I passed it up. Maybe the "out of control" statement was a little harsh, but the prices are HIGHER than what I see at the stores (FS and NorthShoreFA). I had one dealer tell me himself that they don't know how NSFA sells things for so cheap. I generally saw (last three shows) that guns I looked at as $50-$100 more than normal.

If you're going to a show expecting market floor on most things then you're wasting your money to get in. Yeah, some things are competitive here and there, you get lucky if you know what to look for and who to talk to. I can't blame dealers for charging what they do- because they still get a crapload of sales. You're not going to lower your prices when you see customers drooling massively over a $50+ brick of .22 LR. The "Post Obama" gun buyer is a whole different breed than the group of people who hit the shows in 2004-2007. Dealers were glutted with supply then too, which had a huge tamping effect on prices of everything. In 2004 price deltas on new guns between most dealers was like $100 or less. Now it goes from $25-$250! I think we're en route for another tamping period in the market but I don't think it's going to be severe. The market is still going to be a sellers market as long as Oblabla is occupying the white house. Fear and uncertainty are the two best salesmen in this industry.

-Mike

Last edited:
If you're going to a show expecting market floor on most things then you're wasting your money to get in. Yeah, some things are competitive here and there, you get lucky if you know what to look for and who to talk to. I can't blame dealers for charging what they do- because they still get a crapload of sales. You're not going to lower your prices when you see customers drooling massively over a $50+ brick of .22 LR. The "Post Obama" gun buyer is a whole different breed than the group of people who hit the shows in 2004-2007. Dealers were glutted with supply then too, which had a huge tamping effect on prices of everything. In 2004 price deltas on new guns between most dealers was like $100 or less. Now it goes from $25-$250! I think we're en route for another tamping period in the market but I don't think it's going to be severe. The market is still going to be a sellers market as long as Oblabla is occupying the white house. Fear and uncertainty are the two best salesmen in this industry.

-Mike

This.

[grin]

-Mike
Agreed. Like they say, Obumma is the best gun salesman in history. God bless the DHS for buying up a shitload of ammo, creating a panic buying along with our great president shutting down the last lead refinery in the country where it was said to have no bearing on the environment. God Bless our Country and the gun grabbers. [frown]

I'm headin there in a few minutes. Black new england shooters warehouse hoodie. Lookin for jerky, tokarev stuff, a ruger m44 carbine stock, and cheap grips.

snopes is ran by the government ;)
I think it contributed to even further drought,but then again I need to install a chin strap on my foil helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Walked right in at 10:30. Found a couple of things. Visited with some friends. Ammo prices were definitely more sane. Revolver prices are getting pretty ridiculous.

Went around 12:30 to just walk around since I am not in the market for anything in particular. I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Went around 11. No line. Found some Preban thirty rounders for $25. Thankfully I didn't jump at the first table I saw selling them for $35. Only saw one table with uppers. Guy was a little odd, they were right next to the Pmags. Uh yeah.

Grabbed four 30 round mags, 50 rounds of surplus .303, 5 enfield stripper clips and a sling for my enfield. Not bad for under $200.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

I went Saturday around 10am. That was definitely one of the better MA guns shows I've been to in some time. Based on the parking, thought it was going to be elbow to elbow inside. I was wrong. There were lots of people, but not bad.

Some crazy prices, sure. But good deals to be had if you looked and plenty of negotiating going on.

Most I've spent at one too. My first Mosin followed me home. [grin]

Did you go to the show? I saw some that was still there at 4pm. It was priced at only $95.

Who had that? I didn't see any .22 LR bricks except at the beginning... and they didn't last long. $90 though is such a "**** you" price that its beyond the pale. The sad thing is whoever that vendor was could have easily gotten someone to drop $50-$70 or so on that brick easy if it was 500 rounds.

-Mike

Some observations:

- Diversity: I saw a number of attractive females which was quite odd for a typical gun show. I saw a whole Chinese family of three generations who appeared to be fresh off the boat (all speaking Chinese to each other). I saw a young, well dressed black guy checking out .45 Long Colt stuff. I was glad to see all of them there, especially the first group.
- the FRB had a table there. The main reason seemed to be to give out PINs. Just to be an ass, I asked why when I recently picked up a stripped AR lower, that the dealer filled out an FA10 because the FRB told them to. Of course they said "No, we would never do that". Liars.
- One table had AUG mags that I checked out. I asked him if they were pre-ban and if there was a way to differentiate. He replied that they were pre-ban, are no longer made and there's no way to tell. He was tell me this while I was staring at one of those round date codes on the mag. I know most of you know this but these guys piss me off. These *******s are only too happy to help someone unwittingly commit a felony.
- Got to handle a few Tavors. I'm now thinking about what I could sell.
- Got to talk to Drgrant (Mike) which was good.

Sums up just about every gun show I've been too. If you go, you go for the entertainment and chance to look at stuff all in one place.

Here's a quick guide regarding the show:

No one here knows what will be there. Its around $12 to get in. If you're looking for something in particular, you will probably be let down. If you're expecting to get a great deal, you will probably be let down. There will be guns, there will be ammo, there will be gun parts, and there will be accessories (including flea market type crap that has no business at a gun show). Some guns, gun related stuff, and ammo may be overpriced, some may be priced well. There will also be a line to get in. It will be a long line and there will be one for at least a few hours. It will get crowded inside and some people may stink because they don't wash their ass.

When you come home and sign on here to read this thread, or one related to it regarding the show, some people will say it was great, some will say it sucked. Some will say they saw something that shouldn't have been there, some will talk about a former female NESr using her boobs to sell merchandise, and some will bitch about the random flea market crap that doesn't belong at a gun show. A few people will reply with deals they got and remark about how much they enjoyed the show.

That's about it.

I was at FS mid week and thought it was packed. I went to grab a number and one of the guys that works there said not to bother they only use that when the line is out the door. Which it wasn't and by FS standards it wasn't that busy. Less than 10 minutes before I had a salesman looking for a gun being held for me. Less than 30 minutes OTB with gun in hand. I'd never go on a Saturday, though.

I went to Four Seasons instead. It was absolutely packed. Customers were waiting outside! They had many nice guns and I bought few. Somebody from out of state commented that it is nice to see gun shop loaded with merchandise. We are were blessed that we have such a great shop with excellent salesmen in MA.

I just don't want to have to worry about cleaning my guns right away. I may not get to it for a day or two so I'd rather just not shoot corrosive in any of my rifles.

Spray ammonia based window cleaner in the chamber and on the bolt. The guns will keep until you can clean them. They'll need a thorough clean and lube since the ammonia strips all of the lube off of the guns.

- Diversity: I saw a number of attractive females which was quite odd for a typical gun show. I saw a whole Chinese family of three generations who appeared to be fresh off the boat (all speaking Chinese to each other). I saw a young, well dressed black guy checking out .45 Long Colt stuff. I was glad to see all of them there, especially the first group.

I've only worked 3 shows and I have noticed a HUGE increase in the number of women looking for guns and gun stuff- mostly all concerned with handguns for carry and that kind of thing. At the last show I also noticed several that weren't "klingons". Most women at gun shows have a male dragging them around 5 feet away, I'm starting to see less of this- and more women just out doing their own thing, and buying their own stuff. Yesterday I also helped out a "reverse klingon".... the woman was the one doing the gun shopping and the male was clueless and along for the ride... [laugh]

- the FRB had a table there. The main reason seemed to be to give out PINs. Just to be an ass, I asked why when I recently picked up a stripped AR lower, that the dealer filled out an FA10 because the FRB told them to. Of course they said "No, we would never do that". Liars.

That might actually be the dealer blowing smoke. Someone probably called out the dealer on it before and that's the excuse they invented to deflect criticism. (It's the lawr! tends to induce less angst with dealers rather than someone saying "well its the policy we have") Although, god only knows what is going on there now that Guida is gone. He may have acted like a douchebag at times but at least he was consistent- and he was also consistent about telling dealers to not fill out FA-10s for things that aren't firearms.

I have wanted to antagonize them politely, though. I wanted to walk up to that booth and ask them if they had any serialized paper FA-10s to give out. Then when they tell me "no, use E-FA10" I'll explain that "I have a friend who HAS NO COMPUTER and needs to file FA-10s and why is it that they have made them impossible to get... " I haven't had the time, though. I bet I would get some crass answer. I bet they have a case of the things with them, too, in case the MIRCS system dies during the show...

- One table had AUG mags that I checked out. I asked him if they were pre-ban and if there was a way to differentiate. He replied that they were pre-ban, are no longer made and there's no way to tell. He was tell me this while I was staring at one of those round date codes on the mag. I know most of you know this but these guys piss me off. These *******s are only too happy to help someone unwittingly commit a felony.

I'd be more annoyed with the fact that they may be defrauding someone than the felony part. If they're braying "pweeban mag!" and jacking up the price then some guy is possibly getting ripped off AND not ending up with what he thought he was getting. At least if it was just a pile of magazines in a box for market rate and he said "I don't know" then at least the buyer knows they're on their own and not to expect too much one way or another.

The absolute best part of the weekend in terms of jerkwad problems, though, was at the close of the show when the grumpy meathead from NY with the ammo in the foyer was more or less trying to give everyone carbon monoxide poisoning by idling his truck near the big loading doors. Thankfully the wind shifted or something and I think most of the diesel fumes got blown out the other door that was open. His ammo prices are sometimes good (and he had some good selection too) but the guy is the walking definition of a douchebag. [laugh]

- Got to handle a few Tavors. I'm now thinking about what I could sell.

I saw a couple but unfortunately did not spend the time trying to mess with them... each time I saw one I was on a "gopher mission" doing something at the show so I didn't have much time to play with them. One of the guys there had one with that meprolight reflex sight on it too, I think.

- Got to talk to Drgrant (Mike) which was good.

Likewise... [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Brian @ B&K got 2 tavor, one IDF version with mepro reflex sight. I got to take a peek through the sight. I do like the mepro reflex sight. The only dislike I have about having the IDF version is flexibility to change other sight option.

I didn't stay long on Sat. I spoke to Drgrant @ PAW, Don @ 1776 and Brian @ B&K. Also pick up a few raffle tickets from Jim @ GOAL. I also spend a few bucks and get some M&M sweet from Brian.

This year is awesome. A lot of modern ar15 rifles and accessories. But price is still high. Couldn't find a S&W mp m9 10rds mags it is so hard. There are ton of glock mags and glock hand guns but no S&W mp m9 full size magazines. come on.. :(

This year is awesome. A lot of modern ar15 rifles and accessories. But price is still high. Couldn't find a S&W mp m9 10rds mags it is so hard. There are ton of glock mags and glock hand guns but no S&W mp m9 full size magazines. come on.. :(

Heres a pair of mags for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251465899012?redirect=mobile
Only $180...

They were out of stock for a while then the online companies like Midway and 44mag were almost overstocked with them a couple months ago. I snatched a couple on Midway when they were in stock earlier this year. I'd just sign up for notifications, that's what I did. Looking at the eBay auctions, I should have bought a bunch of them and held onto them and sold them on eBay for a profit lol.

Back
Top Bottom