• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

Had my first bad experience at a gunshow today. Was walking the booths and down towards the end was a booth selling nazi memorbilia. I am Jewish and have learned long ago that these tables are there, to ignore them, and move on. So I walked past. I hadn't made it two table lengths when I hear one of the guys say something to the effect of "6 million more where that came from". I have never been so speechless in my life. I spoke to the event coordinator about it. I understand their right to freedom of speech, but not hate speech like that.

I've seen these guys before, they always have close shaved heads & one has crossed hammers (hammerskins) tatted on his neck. These guys are neo-nazis. I'm sure their sales probably go to their "club" and they use these as recruiting events.

I've seen these guys before, they always have close shaved heads & one has crossed hammers (hammerskins) tatted on his neck. These guys are neo-nazis. I'm sure their sales probably go to their "club" and they use these as recruiting events.

Definitely should be banned.

Went today. Sparse crowd, easy to get around. Found some 308 for .75 a rd so I picked up 100. (A year ago that would be insane, now it's a bargain!). Grabbed a really sweet walnut stock for my M1A for short money. Met some friends there. Had a good time.

I was pleased to find a couple of old timers selling some old paper box 110gr Sierra Spitzers. At $15/100 I wish both boxes were in the 6.8 weights but I'm happy to see a deal is still to be had if you look.

Other than that, bizzarro world prices everywhere. Enjoyable crowd density though. I was able to handle some Triji gear that I would normally pass by mostly due to it being way out of my price range right now. Fighting a crowd to peep through stuff I can't afford to buy is too much so I enjoyed the leisure pace and breathing room.

Oh man that spicy sausage is good....

The deal of the weekend I saw was a Kel-Tec Sub2k in .40...for $1k [rolleyes]

Unreal. I felt I was lucky to get $300 for mine when I sold it some years ago. And I don't feel that they are worth a penny more today!

Yes, a reporter taking a clandestine pic of these jackboots and writing/telling a story about gun shows in print or TV could turn many thousands against us and turn the tide in MA!

I spoke with lord1234 earlier today about this and gave him a suggestion. I wasn't at the show, so the ball is in his court on where he wants to take this.

So we're going to start banning people because we don't agree with them? Come on, that's not right.

I don't support a word of their beliefs and would spend a lifetime opposing them, but I'll die defending their right to speak those beliefs.

Its a private event, do you want to be associated with those views? I agree banning is a slippery slope, but some people should be shown the door.

... Did anybody see the Colt Python for $2K?.

I saw 2 of them, they were on an end table across from the body armor guy. By the serial numbers I guessed they were mid 1960's. I started drooling but didn't want to pay $2399 for the one in the beat up box and the other had no box and it had a lot of cylinder stop wear on the cylinder. I believe he wanted $1299 for that one. I'll keep dreaming for now.......Some other time perhaps.

I went got a good deal on some WWII vintage m-1 ammo. My buddy snagged a 9mm shield for $449 buck. The guy had thee on his table and I witnessed all three sell in 5 minutes Lol

I went yesterday, early. Was standing in line waiting for the place to open and there was a conversation going on about the "weapon ban's". One guy didn't even know about the NY 7 round ban or the Frankenstein ban either. I'm thinking to myself where has this guy been hiding. Luckily the doors opened and the line moved quickly so as not to spend to much of my time updating him. I did tell him about NES, kind of made it a point to drive that home.
Once inside, first table was that NY ammo guy at top of stairs. Ammo was high to my interests as he was looking for $850.00 for 1k of .223. I looked and moved on.
Lots of tables like years before but inventory seemed sparse. Prices were reflective of that I believe.

Found a few miscellaneous items, slings, mags and wife bought the body wrap type holster. I call it that, as from where I'm standing it is worn around your lower torso/waist area. Seller had a different name for it, so be it. She wears a lot of the yoga stretch type pants and finds a traditional holster cumbersome when so dressed. I said go ahead, we will see how long it lasts as well as her comfort level.
Sorry, bought no jerky, no firearm or food there. Only 2 boxes of shotgun ammo, 10 rounds.
Overall, will go again next year like I have all these years past and go to see what's out there.

I grabbed some .223, Wolf was I think $65/100rds and also some Malaysian 5.56, $12/20rds.

Also picked up an over priced 20rd preban. Claimed it was refinished with moly lube and had the new green followers, but the one he picked me and put in the bag ended up not having the new follower, sheister.

Found a New Rossi 92 Lever Action 38/357 for $430. Prices ranges from reasonable to insane (Used Ruger 10/22, fair condition, "Marked down" from $389 to $349). 9mm $23 to $29 /50 as I remember. For me, gun shows are about selection, not price.

I worked for one of the dealers on Saturday,, I concur with a previous poster on the price of 10/22's,, completely ridiculous, they werent even in nice shape, at least the ones i saw. Like any other show I saw good deals and some really outrageous ones. I looked at the Boston Police revolver table, interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

I grabbed some .223, Wolf was I think $65/100rds and also some Malaysian 5.56, $12/20rds.

Also picked up an over priced 20rd preban. Claimed it was refinished with moly lube and had the new green followers, but the one he picked me and put in the bag ended up not having the new follower, sheister.
Green, tan, etc. followers are for 30-rounders only. You don't need to change a follower in a pre-ban 20-rounder.

I almost felt obligated to give you a museum admission donation. GREAT collection !

I hadn't thought of that, I could put out a donations bucket so I could make money to buy more guns!!!

Actually a small sign advertising northeastshooters.com would probably start a lot of conversations.

A lot of guns this year, some really decent stuff but prices were what the market will bear. But no one could be bothered last year, just C&R junk. A few people with primers but limited, mostly LP for 35-40 bucks/1k, limited powder also. A pretty good showing all in all.

C+R junk....blasphemy[wink]

I guy came in with an all matching near perfect condition Arisaka.$300, yes we bought it. Also a like new Trapdoor for $1000. The show was a typical show when the firearms frenzy buying is in full swing. There were also BATF agents at the show both days.

Sold a E series Smith for $900.

Bad news for me was my left hand side brake caliber froze. Brought it to the dealer and $1500 later I am back on the road.

Just to give folks an idea how hard it is to get firearms we ordered 10 Ruger SR9's and got one, 10 S+W M+P's in 9mm 40 cal and 45 and got one....and paid TOP dollar from the distributor. Hortons is charging dealers $1200 for a Ma complaint S+W AR15. So the dealer marks it up 100 or 200 bucks and its out of sight. Hortons has one case of 410 slugs in his entire warehouse!!!!!!!Sure glad I buy ammo when I see it at a good price and stock pile it. When times like this occur I just pass on buy.And I work for a dealer!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom