wilmington mass this weekend

Took the kids and walked in with the idea that everything was going to be at convenience price, which it was. S&W 1911 $899, regular price $815 at Four Seasons any day of the week with no admission fee. So what? Lots more militaria and antique guns at this show than I remember from prior years and we got to talk firearms and military collecting with some good people. I walked out with a holster and the kids chewing on beef jerkey. Not a terrible way to spend the afternoon.

Looks like 93N had some issues last night. Need to check for detours before you head there today.

93N is open again.

Last edited:
I know gun shows are not like they used to be in every regard, prices, tables, crap inventory, lousy vendors, etc... But this show was really fantastic for the guys I was helping out. This is my third or fourth time helping them out by working the tables and selling guns. Both Marlboro and Wilmington have been good, but this show was incredible. For a two day show that had minimal attendance as compared to the old days, we have never sold as many guns as we did the last two days. We had a mix of super hard to find and expensive collectibles and modern guns (some priced ok and some priced really low for the show) and sold an equal amount of both categories. People were buying Barretts and Tavors, as well as M&P Shields and P365's. There may not have been a ton of the regulars from NES there (I spoke to a few, though), but there were plenty of buyers asking a lot of questions and wanting to see a myriad of stuff. I admit that most of the vendors are the same dinks that everyone here craps on (deservedly), but I witnessed myself that if you provide good inventory, price most things fairly to well, and are willing to be friendly, you will have more business than you can handle.

I know gun shows are not like they used to be in every regard, prices, tables, crap inventory, lousy vendors, etc... But this show was really fantastic for the guys I was helping out. This is my third or fourth time helping them out by working the tables and selling guns. Both Marlboro and Wilmington have been good, but this show was incredible. For a two day show that had minimal attendance as compared to the old days, we have never sold as many guns as we did the last two days. We had a mix of super hard to find and expensive collectibles and modern guns (some priced ok and some priced really low for the show) and sold an equal amount of both categories. People were buying Barretts and Tavors, as well as M&P Shields and P365's. There may not have been a ton of the regulars from NES there (I spoke to a few, though), but there were plenty of buyers asking a lot of questions and wanting to see a myriad of stuff. I admit that most of the vendors are the same dinks that everyone here craps on (deservedly), but I witnessed myself that if you provide good inventory, price most things fairly to well, and are willing to be friendly, you will have more business than you can handle.
Who were you working for? I'm guessing either B and K Sales orTombstone. Both were doing a booming business...

I'd guess B&K since he's a lot closer to them than Tombstone according to his profile location

The folks at the Tombstone Trading table (a whole aisle, actually) have a nice collection of long guns and are willing to haggle on price. No premium for CC purchase either.
So what did you haggle them out of? Pics please

From what I was told they had too move inventory bc they have too much and need to move it..... as everyone knows the gun business has slowed down. I found all the other dealers at the show to have good inventory , fair prices and pleasant to talk to and answer your questions.

Didn't find anything I wanted. Only ran into one stinky guy. No beef jerky. Guy I talked to at eastern safe was nice and helpful. Pretty sure I will buy from them soon

It's the "when I was a boy" and "back in my day" arguments.

Sure, you can compare 2000 or 1990 or 1980 prices to 2019 and talk about how gun shows today suck. But if you adjust for inflation and such, it's no different than it used to be.

Back around Y2K, you could get a CASE of x39 ammo (Tula, Wolf) for $80-90. That was 19 years ago. It's $160-180 today. Adjust for inflation - it's only a little expensive. But I BELIEVE it's too much money. LOL.

A buddy of mine used to go to this specific show in FL. He saw the same gun at teh same guy's table show after show, 2-3x a year. He wanted it for $x and the guy wouldn't budge that far on his price. I'm betting today, the guy would be VERY desirable at the seller's price. It's all relative.

My point is that back in "the day" he complained that the gun shows sucked and they weren't the same "as they used to be." And we say the same thing now. But not much has changed.

Back
Top Bottom