Wilmington Show 3/5&6

Planning on taking a pass through Sunday AM…any takeaways from today?

Went today and it wasn’t worth it. Out of the 500 tables advertised there was maybe 200-250 at most. Only 4 gun vendors and one ammo vendor (NY guys). The rest were knives and junk. Only thing I bought was beef jerky. Best part of the show.

Big ol line at 8:55
Burn x amount of gas driving to gun show, wait in line, pay $12, only to see the same overpriced crap year after year.
I don’t get why people bother. You sure as hell ain’t finding ammo cheaper than you can online. And as for guns, order online and/or go to the mill.
But to each their own 😂

LOL! As much as the NES braintrust loves to push the idea that the MA gun shows are a worthless, dying relics of the past, attendance suggests otherwise. [laugh]
“There’s a sucker born every minute”.

I still think guys go to these just to show off their latest dungarees and flannels, and get away from their wives. It’s certainly not to buy guns.

Burn x amount of gas driving to gun show, wait in line, pay $12, only to see the same overpriced crap year after year.
I don’t get why people bother. You sure as hell ain’t finding ammo cheaper than you can online. And as for guns, order online and/or go to the mill.
But to each their own 😂
Nevermind online, local brick and mortars are cheaper than anything you’ll find at a Northeast gun show. It’s really inexplicable, but as long as people are stupid (or bored) enough to continue going Carole and Homeless Jeff Spicoli will happily take your money.

Have proclaimed before that gun shows are dead. Only went because two buddies wanted to go, one of which had never been to a gun show, so decided to tag along....waste of $13 dollars...not sure why I did it to myself, waste of 30 minutes and a waste of $13 bucks, coulda put 2 gallons in my tank instead :rolleyes:

The mill was hopping yesterday, heard a few dealers say they figured it would be slow because of Wilmington but seems many people may have swung by there after an underwhelming show.
If someone at the mill sold jerky there’d no reason to go the the local shows ever again, lol…

The mill was hopping yesterday, heard a few dealers say they figured it would be slow because of Wilmington but seems many people may have swung by there after an underwhelming show.
If someone at the mill sold jerky there’d no reason to go the the local shows ever again, lol…

This lassie is there on Wednesday nights. She's a holdover from the batting cages.

1646619166892.png

I was tempted to go but glad I did not. Looks like Ma. gun shows are done. Too bad always enjoyed going to the Wilmington Show.

Going back 15 or so years, Wilmington and Marlboro were pretty good. I know that back before that, they were even better.

The last few years I went, it was only looking for S&W 3rd Gen magazines and miscellaneous parts here and there. I'd look at guns, but the prices were ridiculously high even taking into account the cost of setting up to sell there. The one good thing was that there was a lot of variety so people could look at various guns to see if they were even interested in buying.

I was tempted to go but glad I did not. Looks like Ma. gun shows are done. Too bad always enjoyed going to the Wilmington Show.

Back
Top Bottom