Wilmington Show Nov 12 & 13

Can anyone let me know if the eezox guy is there?
He's a little old guy who has a couple of teeth, eats a lot of cheese and has a full rack of leather carry belts

Leather guy was up against the far wall to your right as you walked in the door, and the Jerky Guy and Gal were in their usual place straight ahead against the wall right next to the BBQ sauce guy. Bought my usual 1/2 lb. of mixed teriyaki and cowboy jerky couple bottles of chipotle bbq sauce 1 apple cinnamon bbq sauce, found a couple of pre-ban rebuilt mags. spent 2 hrs. rummaging around didn't see any ammo worth buying that I don't see locally for better prices. Although I did see a couple bags of .223 tracers for $14 a bag that I almost bought.

Last edited:
Do these usually have some of the harder-to-find but completely compliant firearms around? I've got my eye out for a couple of lever-actions and a bolt action that just don't seem to be common.

wilmington gun show was pretty solid. the wife enjoyed it. some good ammo deals and selection especially of 22LR. as usual the couple from www.uniquecases.com were selling their very nice rifle bags. as usual some retarded prices as well but whatever it was still fun.

It's interesting as my take on it was that it was the worst gun show at that venue in a long time. 25% guns and 75% crap. Though I was looking for a hard to find gun, but overall I wasn't impressed. To each their own.

The fact that blonde elvis was supposedly banned from selling ammo there because of political manuevers by "NY Steve" probably turned the bulk ammo portion of the show into shit. At least when blonde elvis was there they would both jockey for price. When there's a monopoly on ammo at a show, the prices are usually shit.

The crackdown on AR/AK/etc, quasi crackdown on glocks, etc, probably hasn't helped things either. Not to mention some of these vendors probably got drained out of inventory at their shops because of pre election panic. The timing for the show is comically unfortunate.

-Mike

The crackdown on AR/AK/etc, quasi crackdown on glocks, etc, probably hasn't helped things either.
-Mike

One of the stupidest things I did see at the show is a Mass compliant AR-15. It's looks great, until you notice this weird bolt in the back. Yep a bolt action AR-15 for $1,600. Sounds like a deal..... [thinking]

A few empty tables. I would estimate 90% of the "500" table capacity, probably due to the lack of "scary" gun vendors.

Amazing selection of mil surplus rifles at Terry Goode's.

Kind of disappointing. It's the same crap that can't sell at every other show that they are trying to sell. Multiple tables selling High Points with pricing all over the place. Good amount of shotguns. A couple of the tables that had actual guns to sell, mainly pistols, were doing a booming business. I did get a couple of decent buys (at least I thought so). A guy was selling 20 round Sig Sauer JHP 20 round self defense ammo for $14.99. And .357 Sig 50 rd boxes for $23 which is the lowest I have seen.

Too many knives, flashlights, optics. Most of which are cheap chinese crap that you can get on line for less

Not a great show for me. In fact, it was the first Wilmington show ever from which I went home completely empty-handed. Not a single blessed score to be made or bargain to be had, big or small. [thinking] That said, it looked like a fairly decent crowd and people were buying. This time, some of the vendors I specifically went to see weren't there and that kinda bugged me. And yes, it is highly depressing to see that ARs and AKs have been replaced... mostly by Hi-Points. [rolleyes]

If you were in the market for a new plastic pistol, you might have done okay. There were certainly enough of them to go around. I was looking for things in the more "rare & interesting" category and I struck out badly. [hmmm]

Here is the thing. I always add the admission charge to the total. So 99.9% of the time there is no such thing as a deal. You typically would get screwed.
better deals locally and on line.

Picked up 3 fun rugs for $25,.. and two 100ct stacks of paper targets for $22. Went 1-3 pm, was busy but not crowded. Found gunbroker cheaper than dealer who wouldn't budge on older smith pistol mags. Overall, worth going.

Got a couple of G3 and Cetme mags for too much money. The ammo guy at the door didn't really have good prices. I wouldn't buy from that douchebag anyway.

Actually a pretty rewarding show for me and Gabs...we picked up a few boxes of 5.56, a couple of AK clones (as well as the sellers), plus we also grabbed several license plate numbers in the parking lot (y'know, for future reference)..
All in all, quite a productive day [emoji6]
820fa816f630f0893788eff3a51085e9.jpg

I'm looking for an mosin m44. Y'all see any there?
might stop by tomorrow if so.

Amazing selection of mil surplus rifles at Terry Goode's.

At the shows, Terry Goode is your best bet for Mosins.

I was at Shooters Outpost, Riley's and 619DW last week and saw MN 91/30 for $275 (619DW) and some M44s ($375 IIRC) - probably at 619DW, but not positive.

It might pay to make a few phone calls and head North rather than to the show.

rows seemed wider than normal. not as many gun tables as usuale
went looking for pistol, cash in pocket. didn't see anything worth going into my pocket for
coupld of the normal gun shops not there. usually on left side wiht the step case wall w/ pistols
can't rememeber the shop, they weren't there. few empty tables throughout also.
should have stayed home.
garyz

Back
Top Bottom