• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington Show Nov 12 & 13

Could you imagine what the prices would be if HC won.
You have to look at gun shows like this.
It's a show. You get to look at a lot of different guns and such that you might not see.
Gun shows can be a place to find odd ball items.
For the most part if your going to gun shows to get bagins you will only frustrate yourself.
If you see something you like offer what you want to pay.
I have only left a few gun shows empty handed but I never paid more than I wanted to.

Honestly it's just a reason to get out for me. When I can.

It's interesting as my take on it was that it was the worst gun show at that venue in a long time. 25% guns and 75% crap. Though I was looking for a hard to find gun, but overall I wasn't impressed. To each their own.

my expectations for any gun show in MA are pretty darn low. so this way i'm rarely disappointed and frequently impressed. stoic approach! [wink]

in july of this year, I went to a gun show with my old man in Indiana. that was good. in comparison every gun show here blows. but I still go to them and enjoy myself as much as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you imagine what the prices would be if HC won.
You have to look at gun shows like this.
It's a show. You get to look at a lot of different guns and such that you might not see.
Gun shows can be a place to find odd ball items.
For the most part if your going to gun shows to get bagins you will only frustrate yourself.
If you see something you like offer what you want to pay.
I have only left a few gun shows empty handed but I never paid more than I wanted to.

Honestly it's just a reason to get out for me. When I can.

agree. and if Crooked had won the show would have been a zoo. i probably would not have purchaesd any ammo there.

Went yesterday, decent selection for a repressed state gun-show. Lots of odds and ends at typical mark-ups. Armory Inc had a good selection though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FWIW, someone I know posted this today:

"All my MA friends with guns. I just spoke to the MIRCS/CJIS folks at the Wilmington Gun Show.

They said that the Private Sale and/or Transfer of ANY "banned" firearm is ILLEGAL. Date of manufacture DOES NOT MATTER.

They said they're watching FA-10s that are filed and they WILL begin prosecuting.

Just a heads up."

He told me today that he had two racks of milsurps that sold yesterday. Wish I knew what I missed.

S**tload of Trapdoors, 1903a3s ,rolling blocks??, mausers...most were not priced yet since they just came in Thursday....I think most of the trapdoors were pricing in the 5-800 range.

"Banned" I wonder does that include non mass compliant guns such as pre-98 glocks, etc.

Those guns are not "banned". It's mostly rifles that fall under the AWB that they are likely referring to.

-Mike

"All my MA friends with guns. I just spoke to the MIRCS/CJIS folks at the Wilmington Gun Show.

They said that the Private Sale and/or Transfer of ANY "banned" firearm is ILLEGAL. Date of manufacture DOES NOT MATTER.

They said they're watching FA-10s that are filed and they WILL begin prosecuting.

Just a heads up."

Just adding more FUD!

And to repeat my response in the other thread . . .

Well, under the MA version of FOIA, Healey's office released an Email (or it is in her Q&A) that stated that FTF transactions were legal if the so-called re-defined AW had been registered pre-7/20. Thus, I think any prosecution would be an issue for her office due to conflicting info released by her office.

I was there first thing on Saturday. I noticed that Georgia Optics was not there. Second show in a row they didn't have a presence. I also didn't see Pete's there, they usually have a large spread with their table of tethered guns.

The ammo tables at the entrance was the NY guy Chris, with his typical bad attitude, I won't buy from him no matter how much I really want something he has.

I did score 2 TruGlo TFO Yellow Green night sights for my G19 and G26 for $80 each. Guy wanted $90 each but I waved cash and we settled on $160 for the pair. Also got 2 boxes of CCI 550 magnum primers for $31.50 each and a pound of Bullseye for $30.

A lot of dealers selling new shield 9mm for just over $400 but you could get a new 40 shield for $359 at one dealer.

Just a heads up."

"MIRCS/CJIS folks" Prosecuting!?!? Ahhhh.....Never heard of those State employees EVER arresting or prosecuting anyone. News to me and I've been a cop in the commonwealth since 1989...................
[rolleyes]

"MIRCS/CJIS folks" Prosecuting!?!? Ahhhh.....Never heard of those State employees EVER arresting or prosecuting anyone. News to me and I've been a cop in the commonwealth since 1989...................
[rolleyes]

The person I was talking to was asking them about the AG's office so I'm pretty sure the term "they" was referring to the AG.

Once they take down working people, tax payers and ruin families over a twenty year old law with new interpretations the tide will turn against them.

There may only be 400,000 gun owners in Mass but they are related to a million others.

The person I was talking to was asking them about the AG's office so I'm pretty sure the term "they" was referring to the AG.

The AG doesn't prosecute individuals either. She'd have to convince a DA to proceed with a prosecution and a simple read of her letter, watch her press conference declaration and read that FOIA type release and no sane DA will want to go forward with a case that he'd likely lose.

The AG doesn't prosecute individuals either. She'd have to convince a DA to proceed with a prosecution and a simple read of her letter, watch her press conference declaration and read that FOIA type release and no sane DA will want to go forward with a case that he'd likely lose.
You don't think she could find even one slimy, anti-gunowner DimocRAT DA (or ADA?) in MA willing to stick his or her neck out for the sake of career and party unity? I find that hard to believe. Wasn't there at least one DA standing with her in front of adoring media cameras on that infamous day? I don't trust any of them. They are all despicable leftist political whores in my book.

Anyway, I don't care anymore. I'm not selling, transferring or giving away anything. I'm keeping everything. If Maura wants to come after me, she'll have to do it based on her insane "revisionist history" claim that the original purchases way back when were somehow illegal. I refuse to give her any better or more current ammunition to use against me.

EJFudd, it is the conflicting info out of her own office that I believe (IANAL) would prevent any MA DA from bringing a case forward. A defense attorney using her own words/Emails/Q&A against her in court would be devastating to her case.

EJFudd, it is the conflicting info out of her own office that I believe (IANAL) would prevent any MA DA from bringing a case forward. A defense attorney using her own words/Emails/Q&A against her in court would be devastating to her case.

I still don't think anyone here wants to be the test case. Just sayin'...

I still don't think anyone here wants to be the test case. Just sayin'...

I was at the B&K Sales table when two youngish fellas came up and asked the owner about ftf transfers. We had a good back and forth, but unfortunately the quote above ended up being my answer. The "guidance" is intentionally vague and apparently fluid. Absent clearly defined terms I wouldn't chance it.

That said, even with the lower vendor turnout I had a good time. Looked at a Rossi lever action in 38/357, fondled a Lee Enfield. Had my hot dog and overpriced beer in the Fez Lounge. Saw more than one Tyranny shirt and at least one Appleseed shirt. Pleasant afternoon.

I took my brother-in-law from a freestate. He was amazed at how often he heard the term "pre-ban"

I took my brother-in-law from a freestate. He was amazed at how often he heard the term "pre-ban"

Mass is so ****ed up that term applies to a lot of things...

[video=youtube_share;RjIGiksQm3I]http://youtu.be/RjIGiksQm3I[/video]

Latest is the cup and bag bans. So you go to cambridge and buy a coffee no styrofoam cup for you. You have to go outside the city to get PRE BAN coffee. [rofl]

What the ****.

-Mike

Yeah so I think Im done going to gun shows for a while. Maybe if Trump gets reelected the craziness will settle back down. Hit Manchester last month and this one yesterday. $50 for brick of 22? Still? Apparently someone buys the stuff because the dealers keep spending money renting the tables. Are these shows pricing themselves out? I just don't see anything anymore worth paying admission for.

Meh, jersey guy and the Unique cases guy and I'm all cased up for now... [hmmm]

The ammo tables at the entrance was the NY guy Chris, with his typical bad attitude, I won't buy from him no matter how much I really want something he has.

Steve's son Chris? The one who looks like he spends all his spare time in the gym and uses steroids? He/they got themselves banned from Patti's shows for no-showing on multiple tables a couple of times running.

Last edited:
Yeah so I think I'm done going to gun shows for a while.
Yeah, same here. Never thought I'd ever say that but when Wilmington is a bust, it may be time for me to take a sabbatical from gun shows for a while. I'll still do Marlboro in late-January, but no others. As folks have said, you can get better and more interesting deals outside the shows than you can get inside... so what's the point? [thinking]

Just a heads up."

I spoke with Michaela FTF yesterday and she assured me that neither she or her Counsel said any such thing!

I've known and dealt with Michaela for a number of years now and her Counsel (Jody) as well, and can tell you that I have never had any reason to NOT believe what they told me. I know something of their backgrounds which also gives me confidence in what Michaela told me yesterday.

Read all the "etchings" of our illustrious AG and you will see where she made two things clear: .22LR is a non-issue and pre-ban (1994) so called AWs are also GTG.

Back
Top Bottom