• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester shotgun with factory recoil stock

Back in the 60's, I was an active trap shooter and my wife wanted to shoot, but had trouble with recoil from my 12 gauge. I was reloading, and wanted to stay with 12 gauge, so I bought her a new Winchester 1300 that came equipped with a 2 piece factory stock, that significantly reduced the felt recoil. The stock was wood grain, and one piece recoiled into the other. I believe it had springs and a shock absorber of some type.

I have never seen another.

Last edited:
Interesting. I was at KTP a while back and they had a used Remington that I would describe as a single shot semi-automatic. It had a chassis that was the stock and forend. And the receiver, action, and a shrouded barrel all recoiled independently of the stock. Supposed to have almost 0 recoil. It would eaven eject the spent shell for you.

Back then they where called Hydro shoc stocks IIRC.
Basically just spring loaded some designs had a Minh shock much like a screen door piston.
Just don't think they where very popular.
To the point where they don't even show up in the newer gun value guides.

Back
Top Bottom